Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Finds at TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Homegoods

LunaLuna Posts: 1,782Member
I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we could all list whatever great finds we find at any of the TJX stores. :smile: I know I've seen some great finds (both beauty & lifestyle) referred to in the past on different threads. I know it's hit & miss at the different locations, but it's still fun to hear of potential goodies one could find for super cheap!

Here's something I found recently:

Last weekend I came across the following two Algenist products:

Algenist Algae Brightening Mask for $9.99 at TJ Maxx; $19.99 at Marshalls, and it normally retails for $62.00 at Sephora/Ulta.
Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum (.5oz travel size) $4.99 at both TJ Maxx & Marshalls, and this travel size retails for $54 on the Algenist site, so you can get a full size serum for only $10 (full size retails for $98)!!! (this one reminded me a lot of the PTR travel sized sales!)

Comments

• LunaLuna Posts: 1,782Member
    Oh! And, I guess they're starting to carry Bite Beauty too! The colors I saw were neutral/nude, but at least it's a start! I can't remember how much they were selling them though.
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 952Member
    @Luna Yes! I picked up a few of the butter cream lipsticks last week - Rosewood and Heather I think.
  • chris444chris444 Posts: 707Member
    I swear, I can never find anything at the TJMaxx near me. They have everything stacked so close together and random stuff piled near other random stuff. So I get frustrated and just leave lol. Then I walk on over to the Steinmart, where everything is neat and organized :smiley:
  • EliseElise Posts: 654Member
    I found some glamglow stuff last time I was there!
  • GrishmaGrishma Posts: 1,881Member
    I've found Bobbi brown, stills shadows, estee, glamglow, tony moly sheets amongst other things. And price isn't usually above $15 for most products. I found some good joico shampoos yesterday for 9.99. I'm currently using a drugstore clay shampoo that my hair doesn't dislike but I think I need to start paying attention to the hair some more. I love marshals for these little funds.
    They had some Ralph Lauren sheets and Tommy bath mats that were too tempting as well but I have supreme restrain these days.
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,531Member
    One day I'm going to get to join in on this. They're putting a TJMaxx walking distance from me. It's going to be in a location that hasn't had ANYTHING in there in at least a year. Before that it was a Fresh & Easy, and before that it was a Rite Aid.
    They also had a ton of Rodial products too! Most prices were in the $15 - $25 range, which for Rodial is awesome, but for TJ/Marshalls I'm so used to spending barely over $10, tops, for some mid-range/highish-end beauty finds, that I have to always consider if spending anything more than that for one item is "worth" it to me. haha.

@lalala I live less than a 5 minute drive from a Marshalls & Ulta, and they're both in the way (oops! I meant on the way) to the grocery store, so I have to drop in for a weekly "quick" peek at what's new. :smile:

Also, I've noticed it seems like they get some of their olive oils & other cooking items, along with some cookware & home goods from stores like Williams Sonoma & Pottery Barn. There have been times where I've actually seen those stores price tags still on the merchandise in TJ/Marshalls.
    @Grishma What brand of clay shampoo are you using? I received one in a Curl Kit a few months ago. I think it was from the brand Au Naturale. I haven't gotten around to using it yet though. Is it more like a clarifying shampoo?
    @Luna I bought a L'Oréal clay shampoo at some sale. It weighs down my hair though. I've used a neutrogena clarifying shampoo for years and have been happy with it. But I dont think clay is for me n my fine hair.
    Also I didn't really even read up on clay shampoos before buying. I need to pay attention to my hair. It's usually a lumpy limpy mess.
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 952Member
    I had to run an errand in the opposite direction today and stopped at a Marshall's that I don't normally go to. Found some more fun stuff: Kat Von D Concealer, more Bite Beauty lipstick (I got Vouvray and Zin this time), Marc Jacobs mascara, and the Marc Jacobs About Lash Night holiday set.

The had lots of Algenist, Boscia, Shiseido, and Estee Lauder, and lots of high end hair appliances.
  • ginamarie135ginamarie135 Posts: 667Member
    Picked up some glamglow cleanser at TJMaxx a little bit ago for a great price, and I've had luck finding smaller sizes of Briogeo at good prices that I use when I travel but don't have to be airplane compliant. We have a combined TJMaxx/Home Goods really close to our house and a few weeks ago some guy lost control of his car and drove right into the front of the store!!! I can't believe they opened the next day, it was ridiculous!

I generally have more luck at Marshalls than TJMaxx but unfortunately the Marshalls is way out of the way from any of my normal destinations, so it requires a special trip. Did you all see they are opening a new line of home stores that will be like a nicer Home Goods (similar to how Marshalls can be a nicer TJMaxx typically)?
    Please ask for my swap id if you are interested!
  • SaizaSaiza Posts: 1,912Member
    My TJ Maxx and Marshalls never have anything exciting. I'm always jealous of people who find great items there lol. Hollar.com had Tony Moly sheet masks on there last week or the week before for $2.
  • bbrttubbrttu Posts: 16Member
    @ginamarie135 Are you talking about the TJmaxx in Irving, TX? I saw it boarded up and wondered what happened?
    @Jackiecupcake That's so funny about the toothpaste... I'm the same way! I don't know what it is with the natural toothpastes they carry, but I want to try them all. I even got that tea tree one, but haven't used it yet, but I have liked all of the other toothpastes I've tried from there. see how clean my teeth look!?!? :smiley:
  • JennGJennG Posts: 2,476Member
    I can't even name the many many many items from sub boxes that I have seen at TJ. Like TONS and not even the next season, the same season!
    Also @Jackiecupcake @Luna that toothpaste is a godsend for my dad. He started getting horrific mouth sores like canker sores like huge and couldn't eat. Figured out he is allergic to a certain thing they put in like 99% of toothpastes. There was one version of Rembrandt that was made for
    Ppl with that allergy and it was then discontinues so we had to spend a fortune buying on eBay. Then I found the all natural ones and those are perfect for him!
  • EliseElise Posts: 654Member
    Lol I've even seen globein baskets at homegoods.
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,750Member
    I got some super nice Fringe notebooks from Marshalls. And a pair of full length, all black yoga pants without any weird mesh panels or straps which is super hard to find these days! Those stores are also a great place for gift bags and wrapping paper and greeting cards. They're all super cheap and super nice. Oh and I found the true German version of Nivea creme at Burlington coat factory a few weeks ago!

Basically you need to go to these stores to browse and see what you find rather than with a specific goal in mind
  • HillaryHillary Posts: 302Member
    I love these stores! I've gotten Boscia for $10 that I almost bought for much more at Sephora b/c I love it. Found NikeAir, leather purse, and face masks. I agree that it's a "browse" type of store--which can mean lots of unplanned buying, so I have to have a budget going in and stick to it.
    Reading this thread reminded me that I need to scope out my local stores before I spring for a hit-or-miss sub box. I really want AvenueA again, but since I don't know if there will be a jacket that I like, I think I'll scope out TJMaxx first and see if I can pick up a jacket and some shoes.
  • KatieKatie Posts: 302Member
    Don't forget to check out the pet section, Zippy Paws galore today for me - found them originally in Barkbox and now my pup is brand loyal. Spoiled mutt!
  • ShennyShenny Posts: 38Member
    I went today and found Ole Henriksen, bare escentuals, Marc jacobs, and more high end skincare/makeup. So dangerous to my wallet!
    Today I saw a ton of Ole Henriksen's Truth Serums at Marshall's today for $19.99. I know there are a lot of fans of that serum out there, so I thought I'd mention. :smile:

Also, I noticed that TJ/Marshalls is starting to have a little section for travel sized beauty products in their checkout lines, and today I saw the tiniest little jars where the price sticker was practically covering/wrapping around the whole product. Well, I had to peel one back just to see what it was, and it was a .1oz jar of Ole Henriksen's Eye Cream SPF 15 for $4.99. It was so cute! That was actually my go-to day eye cream for years before I got into beauty boxes.
  • LadybugLadybug Posts: 140Member
    I found illume candles a couple of months ago. I went to TJ Maxx today and purchased a couple of Renee Rolfe nightgowns. Renee Rolfe was a brand that was carried by Wantables a few years back. @Katie I bought my doggies a zippy paw burrow with hedgehogs at TJ Maxx today. I also found Barkbox treats, but did not purchase them.
  • porcelainqueen69porcelainqueen69 Posts: 10Member
    I've seen Mac, too faced and bobbi brown to name a few!
    My marshalls loot yesterday was pretty nice..
    Charcoalogy bamboo charcoal conditioner for $4 (RV $16)
    Shampooyou shampoo for $1 (RV $18)
    Pearlessence mist for $6 (RV $48...really!?)
    Measurable difference rosehip oil $6 (RV $25)

Seriously how does marshalls purchasing department function? How are they in business!?
  • bunneebunnee Posts: 481Member
    I was in TJ Maxx yesterday and found Patchology Illuminate face masks for $1.00 - they are normally $30 for 4 on Patchology.com - I bought all of them (could only find 9 of them, going back hunting for more when they have time to restock). TJ/Marshall's/Home Goods are all owned by the same parent company, btw.
  • eaglegreyeaglegrey Posts: 69Member
    Found a turkish towel at Marshall on third clearance for $6
    @bunnee oh ya I found patchology masks too. But I had stocked up on tony moly like last week so had to hold back (oh the guilty conscience!).
    There were a bunch of joicos as well but they were those liter bottles and I wanted to try smaller bottles for the next few weeks.
    Marshalls ftw