Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best products for air-drying hair

JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 1,139Member
I've been using a sample of Bumble and Bumble's "Don't Blow It" and I like it a lot - my issue is I'm trying to go cruelty-free and they are not.

Does anyone have any recommendations for products similar to this? I'll take the time to look into it being cruelty-free, but I'm having a hard time finding anything similar online.

My hair is pretty thick, dries wavy and sometimes frizzy.

Thanks!

Comments

• LilithLilith Posts: 279Member
    I also like that product and Living Proof in shower styler. But I can't find any information that they are cruelty free which of course usually means they aren't. I'm following this with interest. I'm also trying to move to all cruelty free products.
  • Kaof17Kaof17 Posts: 239Member
    I absolutely love the Giovanni brand. I use their shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, hair serum, etc. They have some excellent, light-weight, leave-in conditioners that I use when I air dry. Their coconut milk/blackberry line smells amazing, and they are one of the few lines that can tame my hip-length, thick, wavy hair.

All of their products are cruelty-free & vegan, & I know they have a bunch of products available on Amazon.
  • Nikole222Nikole222 Posts: 14Member
    I can recommend to try a hair texturizer, but it is important to choose the one according to your hair type. If you are interested, you can check the article on https://therighthairstyles.com/texturizing-sprays-guide/ in order to find out more information. Personally I have thin hair and use Living Proof’s Full Thickening Mousse. It provides volume to my limp locks, and I like it. I hope it helps!
  • Maureen_BMaureen_B Posts: 449Member
    I'll also vote for the Living Proof in shower style. If I use that, then corkscrew my hair with my fingers, I get pretty fabulous waves for 0 effort.
  • prettycatprettycat Posts: 665Member
    @Jackiecupcake im so glad u ask this, as im in the same boat; i love the 'dont blow it' but will not use it because its not cruelty free. My hair ends up feeling so flat and lifeless but frizzy when i dont blow dry. I have been using the Living Proof 5 in 1 styling cream and it works ok, but i still am still searching. I would also love to find a cruelty free product that creates volume and helps my hair to air dry without being so frizzy.
  • reneewreneew Posts: 754Member
    I love Oribe products and airdry after using the Gold Lust conditioner.
  • MaryNotMaryMaryNotMary Posts: 37Member
    edited October 7
    I don't have curly hair, but I often air dry. Evolvh has a pretty darn good styling balm. It also happens to be cruelty free and vegan.

Note: I don't use it to de-frizz, but it does tame some fly-aways without weighing my hair down.
  • Cara0730Cara0730 Posts: 1,334Member
    My hair is wavy and frizzy. I almost never blow dry it, it just gets frizzier! I tried the Bumble and Bumble and I liked it a lot. Then I got a sample of Fave4 Up for Air Air Dry Cream in my Birchbox and I fell in love. It works perfectly on my hair and I haven't found anything that works better. It leaves me with no frizz at all. It's much cheaper than the B&B too :) @Jackiecupcake if you find out they are not cruelty free can you please tell me and break my heart?
  • janemockingjayjanemockingjay Posts: 1,149Member
    I got a sample of R+Co style and shine cream in my birchbox and it's wonderful! Smells great and no frizzies when air drying!
  • CiCiCiCi Posts: 639Member
    Kevin Murphy easy rider anti-frizz creme. It’s amazing stuff- a little dab on wet hair is all my curls need to be perfectly formed and frizz-free. It’s pretty much magic. And cruelty free!