Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarbash October 2017 Spoiler

2»

Comments

• michellebellemichellebelle Posts: 408Member
    @3Pyrenees I got small. It fits fine but I would have preferred medium. I have medium sized wrists. I'm surprised they didn't send medium.
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,709Member
    My box will be here today. I'll see what size bracelet I got but I definitely need a small. If it's any bigger I'll be happy to swaps
  • jewlzjewlz Posts: 1,264Member
    I think sending all small bracelets was a huge fail. Statistically the odds that hundreds of adult women would all be a small are slim to none. At least a medium would have been workable for most. Bummer because I actually like the bracelet to.
  • magoosmommagoosmom Posts: 256Member
    Yep, add me to the list of people who were bummed that the bracelet was small. I wear large bracelets. I was able to squeeze this painfully over my hand and it did fit on my wrist, but very snugly--like I would end the day with bead indentations in my wrist for sure.

I also got the black jade eyeliner and I'm glad y'all said that because I thought it was just black. I will give it a try though and I'll try the highlighter just for kicks. The towel is nice, but may be hard to display bc the print takes up the whole towel. Can't think of any way to hang it to show off the whole print, so maybe the head will have to do LOL.

I got the cleansing grains mask as well and the rose gold pen. The pen works just okay so I was a little disappointed.

I had cancelled Sugarbash when cutting down and they managed to convince me to buy this as a one-off. It was an impulse buy and like most of those, I'm wishing I had skipped the "order" button. I've enjoyed most of the boxes in the past, so I hope they can take the feedback on this one (especially the small sized bracelets) and improve for their redesign.
  • MaryJenniferMaryJennifer Posts: 424Member
    @jewlz Thanks. That's great news. I was planning to reach out after mine arrives tomorrow. I am sure I will need it resized. So happy about this news.
    Yep I'm glad they are offering a resize solution for the bracelet I have what are considered very small wrists and this bracelet is snug on me!

I like the pen though. It has a nice weight and writes well for me. I just used it to take school notes.

Overall I would say I am both happy and neutral on this last regular sugarbash box.
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,764Member
    So what are most people doing? Resizing? Swapping? Is anyone following it on the swap site? Gifting? Would it be tacky to sell it on eBay? My supervisor is in the National Guard and very small boned, so I'm sure she could wear it, but I don't know if I can give a gift to a supervisor.
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/8125/profile

You could send some people a box of roses, and they'd complain about the thorns, or the smell, or the color.
  • LisaMarieLisaMarie Posts: 685Member
    edited November 4
    @MelissaB I reached out to them, they gave me an address to exchange mine too without an offer to reimburse for shipping. Since I probably wouldn't wear it anyway I didn't want to pay resizing shipping and swap shipping so I listed it as is for swap. I have received 0 requests for it though...

• DonnaDonna Posts: 420Member
    I contacted Sugarbash a few weeks ago about how to go about getting the bracelet resized. They sent me an address for the company but it was in Surrey, British Columbia. It was a little expensive (sorry, I can’t remember exactly how much) to mail the bracelet to them but I did. I have a tracking number but when I try to track it I get a message saying there is no information on this tracking number. I haven’t heard anything from the company so I’m not really sure where I’m at with this bracelet right now. I will probably try to contact them next week to see if they received my bracelet.
  • MelissaBMelissaB Posts: 1,764Member
    Thank you ladies for your input. Actually, I do t know what to do with anything in this box. Has anyone tried the toothbrush? Is it good? I'm kind of meh on the towel, but I do like owls. I was hoping for a rose gold pen but got regular gold. Can't swap or gift it, though, as the case is broken. :( And of course instead of mocha mask, I got sea garden. Has anyone tried it? Does it smell good? Does it work well? I'm spending my whole afternoon deciding what to do with this box. Argh!
    http://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/8125/profile

You could send some people a box of roses, and they'd complain about the thorns, or the smell, or the color.
  • LisaMarieLisaMarie Posts: 685Member
    edited November 4
    @melissaB I received the rose gold pen the case was fine but the pen was missing a part. Sugarbash CS said they would send me a new pen. Still waiting. I tried the mask ( I don't usually use masks but I have so many up for swap I said what the hell). It didn't bother my sensitive skin but otherwise I can't compare it to others) I love this sub just seems be to bad luck this month.
    Edited to add I got the sea garden mask and did not mind the smell.
  • Jenny1973Jenny1973 Posts: 928Member
    This box was very below neutral for me, it was a hard choice but I cancelled mine. I am going to wait and see what they decide to do with their new approach to a quarterly box vs. every other month. I know it is hard for companies to come up with items every other month, let alone every month. My bracelet was a small, I sent them an email about it and got no reply and I've experienced great customer service with them in the past. My pen was a little scratched up, I can deal with that since I had no plans of gifting. The toothbrush is good. I have not tried the mask item, as I am not a mask fan. Can't wait to see what you ladies receive in January.
    I wear my bracelet all the time and I love it. It looks very nice with the pura vida October set too.i like the pen too even though I got regular gold and not rose gold. It has a nice weight and makes me feel fancy when I'm doodling during work meetings. Toothbrush is shoved somewhere with all my excess bathroom items from sub boxes along with the sea garden mask I got. I haven't used either yet. I haven't used the makeup items either. Maybe I will tomorrow!
  • DonnaDonna Posts: 420Member
    edited November 13
    I received my re-sized Brass & Unity bracelet in the mail today and I love it! I’m glad that I sent it back to be resized, I think I will wear it a lot. It looks nice with my gold Maria Shireen hair tie bracelet.