Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer Service- The Heros & The Zeros

SMZSMZ Posts: 1,285Member
Which subs have the best and the worst customer service?

You never know, until you have an issue... so let's call them out!

Here's mine:

Best List
Field to Cup
Luxe Pineapple Home
Popsugar
Beautyfix

Worst List
Glossybox
Little Lace Box (out of business, but still deserve to make the list)

Comments

• entwashianentwashian Posts: 1,756Member
    From those I can remember offhand that I've contacted:

Most excellent:
    - Julep! (I've only had to contact twice & this is the sub I've had the longest! Both times there was an immediate, satisfactory response. No negotiations necessary on my part, no need to send pics of damaged item.)

Excellent:
    - Ipsy
    - Imperfect Produce
    - Book of the Month

Bogus:
    - Sephora Play (at least they do respond promptly, but they give such widely varying responses to people with the same issue! It's upsetting to see some people got a full refund of the box, & some getting 100 points!)
    - GlobeIn (major issues with canceling their current version of a starter box & not losing the $20 credit I had already put in. Had to make threats to dispute the charges, which makes me feel gross. What absolutely peeved me was that she linked me to a FAQ page that she had freshly written & acted like it had been there all along & I should have known what would happen if I canceled. That's just rude.)

Most Heinous:
    - LootCrate (fail to send updates/apologize for major delays, send the wrong stuff ALL. THE. TIME. & try to charge customers shipping to exchange, take for.ev.er. to send replacements)

And FWIW, I had Glossybox for a year, & only had to contact once (to cash in my glossydots for the bonus box) & it went very smoothly.
  • whitpickwhitpick Posts: 1,122Member
    edited September 10
    Best: all of these respond quickly and are happy to help answer questions or fix any issues;
    Luxor
    Penny & Grace
    Fruit for Thought
    Book of the Month
    FFF

Worse:
    Glossybox
    Oui Please!!
  • SMZSMZ Posts: 1,285Member
    @entwashian It's funny, I just now got a response from Glossybox to my issue from August 18th. So I'm satisfied with that, but still taking almost a month to reply to an issue seems a bit too long to me! They obviously need to hire another customer service rep!
  • sususubiesususubie Posts: 270Member
    I've had Glossybox for over four years. Never had a single issue with the monthly boxes or the LE ones. I see everyone having issues with customer service which is discouraging. Maybe I shouldn't be tempting the universe :/

The only sub that I've had issues with is Oui Please.

FFF, Luxor Box and Adidas have been very responsive when contacted.
    @whitpick @sususubie I think I give OuiPlease a bit of a pass because everyone set my expectations straight before I subbed. I also give extra time because I figure they are dealing with French companies. I actually do have an issue with my bracelet from the last box, but they have been communicating so I will be patient for a while and see what happens.
  • chris444chris444 Posts: 681Member
    Absolute best:
    Luxor
    FFF

The worst I've had so far:
    Glossybox

But, so far and in my limited experience, I've not had the need to contact CS on my various boxes (knock on wood) for much of anything. I've only been doing this a few months and seldom had a problem.
  • jewlzjewlz Posts: 1,264Member
    Based only on my personal experiences because so many I've never had to contact for anything. Some of these were problems. Some were just great about replying to questions. Some like Luxe Provence went above and beyond without my asking. I had inquired about a sold out box I really wanted. They had none and I said bummer thanks and forgot about it. Months later they said hey after shipping everything and waiting for any damaged shipments we have 2 full boxes left do you want 1? I bought both!

Best:
    FFF
    RZ BOS
    Happy Rebel
    Popsugar
    Luxe Provence

Worst:
    GlobeIn
    RV
    Fabletics
    Peaches and Petals/Deal of the Day/Hobo Ninja (all same crappy cs)

• reneewreneew Posts: 693Member
    Best:
    Ipsy
    BeautyFix
    PopSugar

Worst (in a class of their own):
    OP
  • californiajanetcaliforniajanet Posts: 391Member
    @reneew LOL on the Oui Please in a class of its own. Soooo true. So my list:

Best:
    -Love Goodly
    -Pearlesque
    -BeautyFix
    -PopSugar

Worst:
    -Last place = Oui Please (I've ranted enough on other threads...no need to say more ;) )
    -2nd to last place = Rachel Zoe Box of Style. (Weeks and weeks to get a response to multiple emails and Facebook contacts regarding missing boxes is not acceptable in my mind. And then there's the serious website problems that no CS agent seems able to figure out/deal with)
    -Runner Up = Glossybox
    edited September 10
    @AndyD should be proud! Popsugar is landing on many of the Best Lists
  • kylajaclynkylajaclyn Posts: 3,226Member
    "I say you the bestest, lean in for a big kiss" ::

Book of the Month absolutely number one. Also, they constantly run contests on Insta for free three month subs. I don't know of any other sub that gives away that many boxes.

Rachel Zoe BOS. I was offered a half-price discount for the winter box if I didn't cancel after fall! They knew how to sell me, honestly. All that amazing stuff for 50? I'm in! And they just gave me a refund very quickly after I subbed on the wrong card (they do need to fix the default card situation). They don't normally offer refunds, so I was happy.

Worst? I don't know. I think I would avoid any that had bad customer service anyway. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • reneewreneew Posts: 693Member
    @californiajanet I agree on RZBOS, too. Lovely curation, crappy service.
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,114Member
    Best (in no particular order):
    Happy Rebel--my BB bag broke after only 2 uses and they sent a new one right away
    Bespoke Post--A box I ordered arrived with an item missing and they sent a brand new, complete box and told me to keep the box I had already received
    Birchbox--An item I ordered arrived smashed to smithereens and they overnighted me a replacement
    Ipsy--They helped me set up an account for my sister so it would arrive in time for her birthday

Worst:
    Robb Vices--I've done many rants on them :confounded:
    GlobeIn--They kept cutting off my annual at only 11 boxes and it took multiple emails to fix, then it would revert back to saying I had received all my boxes when I had only received 11, then the process would start all over again
  • KristyKristy Posts: 2,257Member
    Best:
    Birchbox
    Ipsy
    FFF

Worst:
    Oui Please
    Rachel Zoe
  • NightshiftNightshift Posts: 2,114Member
    Totally forgot about Rachel Zoe! It's almost impossible to cancel bc it's almost impossible to get anyone from CS to answer your emails!
    It's interesting how consistent everyone's lists are!
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,479Member
    I'm appreciating the consistency, because it helps prove to me I don't want a few of those boxes! ;)
  • GrishmaGrishma Posts: 1,601Member
    Best
    Ipsy (I feel like they customize my bag better than I myself could. Very responsive and quick fixes)
    FFF
    Macy's (I was a new subscriber yet cancellation only took a few mins)

Worst:
    I don't really have bad experiences but I don't care for Sephora's CS very much. They are too impersonal (like they don't really need my business...well I get it...the probably really don't. They have a lot of business anyways). Their system of answering emails makes me feel like I should just be thankful they let me sub. Ummm no thanks.
  • HappyCatHappyCat Posts: 1,383Member
    edited September 13
    Best
    FFF
    Letote
    LV Kiki

Good
    Yogi Box
    Allure

Worst
    Glossybox
    Boxycharm
    Ivory Clasp
    Post edited by HappyCat on
  • flirtmdflirtmd Posts: 618Member
    I agree with most of your choices.
    I want to add gift izzy to on of the best. I asked if I could purchase an item out of one of their past boxes and they said they just included it in my box.

Just remember… "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."
  • mimiretzmimiretz Posts: 586Member
    Can't think of a lot, but Shtrands is definitely on the best list.
  • mycatbuttersmycatbutters Posts: 808Member
    Best - Your Bijoux Box. I received a damaged piece and they sent a replacement quickly.
    BOTM - I had a box go missing. After a couple weeks I contacted them and they gave me a credit. Two days later a neighbor finally brought it over. I contacted them and they let me keep the credit.

Worst - Sephora play. They could not get my change of address right. I went through live chat and everything. They wouldn't send me a replacement box and just said I would have to wait until next month. They also never credited the points they said they would give me forthe hassle. I just cancelled after three months.

Allure - I signed up under a deal and they charged me for three boxes in two weeks at full price. Couldn't refund my card. I had to wait for a refund check.
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,720Member
    The best experiences I've had were with:
    Benevolent Beauty
    Shtrands
    Vegan Cuts
    Maple Blume
    Glossybox (before I'm flooded with disagrees (ha!), the last time I contacted them was either in December or January before it looks like their CS went downhill)

I've had many other encounters with other subs' CS, and they all met my expectations in terms of professionalism/friendliness and answering my questions or resolving my issues in a timely manner, the above are just those that went above & beyond my expectations.

The absolute worst CS I've ever had was with Allure. I think they're my Oui Please.... despite their lack of CS skills, I can't help but still want to sub to their box. haha!

• JenniferLJenniferL Posts: 374Member
    The best ever was the now defunct AZ Copper Creations. It was just one piece of customized, one-of-a-kind copper jewelry each month, and the artist sent a ton of emails back and forth, with questions about style and fit. She really knew how to make a gorgeous piece from my vague instructions. I miss that one. I actually had good experiences (in the early days) with LLB, before it went over to the dark side.

I did have a mystifying exchange with Glossybox about how to use Glossydots as an annual subscriber, and I eventually just gave up and decided it wasn't worth it, and never did get to use them.
  • janemockingjayjanemockingjay Posts: 1,088Member
    Best:
    Happy Rebel
    Shtrands
    Luxor Box
    Nocturnal Readers Box
    Glossybox (I know, I'm in shock too but I've only had two issues with my boxes and they sent me replacement items very quickly)

Worst:
    Oui Please
    Allure
    Loot Crate (more specifically Loot Vault, I don't have much of a problem with the monthly boxes other than they ship late a lot)
    Robb Vices- signed up first of August, still not even a tracking email and its mid September
  • EnduringWoneEnduringWone Posts: 190Member
    The Best

Happy Rebel
    Cate & Chloe
    FFF
    BOTM

The Worst

Zoe HOS. They charged me for a towel I never received, never honored the code they sent me and just basically ignore me.
    Oui Please....we already know they do not send what they say they are going to send and send expired items.
  • GrishmaGrishma Posts: 1,601Member
    I feel like I gravitate towards subs that have good CS. Even if I haven't really run into issues, it feels nice to be looked after. Good CS kind of buys my loyalty.
  • nbrindejoncnbrindejonc Posts: 24Member
    Oui Please is the worst of the worst! The fact that they are worse than Glossybox says a lot
  • rachelnycrachelnyc Posts: 736Member
    I'm always impressed with ipsy! They always ship on time, when I email in my sample choice I get a confirmation quickly & actually get the item I chose, and the one time I had a bag go missing in the mail, they replaced it right away.

Robb Vices has been good about correcting any issues I've had, without too much fuss or fanfare. I was out of town when the August box went out and Fedex sent it back to RV instead of holding it like I requested, and RV got back to me right away and resent it to me within about 2 weeks of me contacting them (they were waiting on more of the tequila before they could send it).

Aaand another vote for OuiPlease being the worst. Lack of responsiveness, wrong information given, wrong items sent, and I feel like the boxes are going downhill/getting really repetitive lately . . . I really wish I wasn't locked into an annual sub right now.