Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does neutral feedback effect your score?

PamPam Posts: 2,234Member
I was under the impression that neutral feedback is neutral, not good or bad, and wouldn't effect your feedback score. I left neutral feedback for a swap that was never completed and I was sent back my original items. The swap was never cancelled. I said exactly what happened and didn't think it warranted negative or positive feedback, but the swapper is saying its effecting her score and wants me to change it.

Comments

• Tanya3Tanya3 Posts: 1,340Member
    Nope... doesn't affect her score at all!!
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,532Member
    You can't change it, anyway...that's why there is an extra step in verification of what you're leaving for feedback.
  • PamPam Posts: 2,234Member
    Well it doesn't matter anyway. I left honest neutral feedback and she retaliated with negative feedback
  • reganb1reganb1 Posts: 1,093Member
    I could be wrong but I am pretty sure neutral does hurt your feedback. My general thought process is that positive is 100%, neutral is 50% and negative is 0%. The three things have to have some sort of system because you get a percentage swap grade. In order to get a percent things must have a value. But I could also just be totally making this up bc I want things to be logical
  • sarasara Posts: 3,883Member
    I have seen swappers with fewer than 100 swaps, 100% feedback and multiple neutrals, so from that I gather it has no effect. The first time I saw that I was having some mild difficulties with the swap, and I went back in to look at FB. The person had 100%, but a lot of neutrals that talked about exactly what I was dealing with. It really taught me to read FB, not just look at the number.
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
    @wldflowur13 glad you like the bucket! I actually did too but like you, I couldn't figure out what to use it for and didn't just want another bin to accumulate junk! I hope you find something useful for it!

@Miriam I was thinking the same thing! How do you flat out lie and then be mad you got neutral, not even negative feedback? Especially when you have a history of negative and neutral feedback saying the same thing. Her negative feedback to me even said she returned my items because she didn't want to hurt my feelings (I had told her I was fine with her returning them if she wasn't happy with them so why would that hurt my feelings?) even though her email telling me she returned it (after I emailed her, not before she mailed it) said she was returning them because she couldn't find the item she was supposed to send me.

Luckily I have 721 positive glowing feedback, so I don't think one negative will hurt. She on the other hand has many negatives so I can't imagine people will make a decision based on my honest neutral saying she sent back my item because she couldn't find what she was supposed to send.
  • MiriamMiriam Posts: 1,827Member
    @Pam It absolutely will not affect your swaps at all. We know you and think you're awesome (not just because of our most recent awesome swap) and it's clear from your feedback that "it's not you it's them." It's usually pretty obvious when negative feedback is retaliatory.
  • berriesandbearsberriesandbears Posts: 469Member
    Yuppers @Pam, you rock! You were generous in giving her a neutral and it's unfortunate she responded in the way she did. The response to you and her own feedback really speaks for itself here.
  • missycat928missycat928 Posts: 1,108Member
    Neutral feedback does not have an affect on her score, however the negative that she received on the very same day might have ;)

Politely respond to the negative and know that you are not alone in your concerns!
    @missycat928 I have to admit I wasn't completely polite messaging her about the negative feedback, but I basically said that all of our other feedbacks will speak for itself!

I'm still wondering how you are all so sure its the same person!
  • KatieKatie Posts: 305Member
    @Pam Because there are very few infamous swappers on this site. That one's a fruitcake and a half.
    @Katie I just went back and read all her feedback! Seems like shes gotten away with alot of positives when she should have gotten negatives. I wonder what her motivation is. seems like its costing her extra sending all the extra gifts.
  • CrystalsCrystals Posts: 1,147Member
    I'd like to know who the "fruitcake" is so I can avoid them. Thanks in advance.
  • Love2323Love2323 Posts: 686Member
    @miriam are your swaps under Miriam if so U have a turban I'd love to swap for if I have anything U can use. I'm not sure why but my requests are ignored. I ship within 48 hrs with bonus gifts.
    ID: 1481109015524778
  • olive1924olive1924 Posts: 338Member
    I wish neutral feedback did have some kind of impact but what is even more perplexing is how someone could have a negative feedback but still have a score of 100%. Shouldn't it be at least 99.99% or something? I just did a swap with someone with 100% positive of hundreds of swaps and I sent my items which she received according to the tracking but she has yet to send mine though she said she would 10 days ago and her profile says guaranteed to ship within 3-4 days. I sent mine without checking her feedback because it was so many and 100%. I've messaged her several times but she has not responded. So, in going through her feedback, she has one neutral, one negative, and mostly people who give her positive but do not say anything. Had I read that first I would have waited for my item before shipper her hers. It was a high value swap too, making it even more frustrating.
  • SusanDSusanD Posts: 206Member
    edited October 6
    I have only 34 swaps under my belt but I have gotten into the habit of checking feedback first before I look at items. I get a request or want to make a request I first go to profile and look at negative, then neutral and then positive. The second thing I try to do is see if 3-4 Day ship is marked. Not that I won't swap with someone who doesn't but at least I am aware. I had one swap in which it wasn't marked but I didn't notice when I swapped. I felt It was taking longer than it should and then I saw 3-4 days not on their profile. I agree as well that on some level both neutral and negative should affect percentage. Negative being more than neutral of course. Not all neutral feedback is bad feedback.