Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try the World/Countries/pantry

sarasara Posts: 3,883Member
So, I signed up for the promotion of Try the World. I liked it, but it was too many sweets, not enough savory and cooking items for me. When I went to cancel, I got a message that if I tried their Pantry box instead of cancelling, I would get a discount, and the Pantry box looked more like what I’d use. So, I converted to that. Within a month, however, I got an email saying that Pantry was converting to Countries, and that I would get a full Countries box instead of my Pantry box. I went in to look at my account, and it looked like they were going to charge me $29.99 for the Countries box, so I emailed them. I was told I had a credit of $39.99 for my Pantry box, (I had paid much less than that), and it would apply for the Countries box, and It would ship within about a week. So, I decided to try it. But now, nothing has shipped. Just emailed them again. This is the company that took over Hampton"s Lane. Has anyone else had better luck?
I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!

Comments

• janeyjaney Posts: 292Member
    Ugh, I got an email about getting $x off a box or something, so I did it, and I ended up paying $2 a box for Try the World. I was so excited, but it's been so long and I haven't gotten a shipment notification yet.
    Swapping has broken my wallet. I'd love to get my DISOs and ISOs, and slow down on swapping for good.

DISO || Happy Rebel Blackout Bag, HD Bangles (RED, HOTPINK)
    check my profile for other follows. I do have unlisted items to offer.
  • lovethesnowlovethesnow Posts: 615Member
    I thought I had cancelled all my try the world subscriptions but I had a charge show up last week for $29.99. I don't know how my account for countries was activated. Anyway, no shipment notification yet.
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,751Member
    edited October 4
    @sara I remembered being interested in the box a few years back when they were running a lot of promos but after researching reviews I found that a lot of people were being charged and not getting boxes or never getting their free boxes from BOGO promos or were having trouble canceling. I took a look at old posting on the blog and found a lot of comments from 2014-2015, then it looks like back in January someone from Try the World customer service responded to those comments, 2-3 years after they were made. Sounds like they're trying to turn it around but the same issues seem to be happening from what you ladies are reporting. Personally I would request a chargeback.

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2014/12/try-the-world-review.html
  • sarasara Posts: 3,883Member
    @lovethesnow, did you have a Hampton’s Lane subscription? $29.99 was the amount they were charging for the initial box for conversions from Hamptons lane. You had to opt out if you didn’t want it,

I just got a tracking notice for my Countries box today. Interesting timing, since I had emailed them last night. It hasn’t moved yet. Anyone else get tracking?
  • PamPam Posts: 2,234Member
    I was pretty impressed with my first box and got a free box too. I downgraded to their snack box since I don't cook a lot and thought I'd like the snacks better, but it wasn't as impressive of a box, so I upgraded again. I didn't get a box in September so I emailed them and they said they were running behind. I got a shipment notice today.
    I think they are trying to change the company since they are taking over Hamptons Lane. I got a shipping notice for Spain, though, and their website says this months box is South Africa. Was yours for Spain, @Pam? They had a Spain box in 2017...
  • PamPam Posts: 2,234Member
    @sara if the shipping notice mentioned a specific theme I didn't notice.
    Has anyone who has gotten tracking actually seen their box move yet? Mine still shows “label created or am error in number”
  • magoosmommagoosmom Posts: 257Member
    Another box that has a mix of savory and sweet, plus pantry items is Degustabox.
    Has anyone received their boxes? I have not received tracking, even though they told me that boxes have shipped last week, and unfortunately they have not magically shown up in my mailbox.
    Swapping has broken my wallet. I'd love to get my DISOs and ISOs, and slow down on swapping for good.

My bank account was charged on 9/27 but I've receive no shipping info. I sent them an email inquiring and I received an auto reply that said they will respond in 3-5 business days. WTH!
    edited November 3
    @lovethesnow i placed my order end of august. we are (for argument's sake) at the end of october. that's two whole months to not hear anything about my orders! the representatives literally keep telling me that they're delayed - which is fine - but then when they finally told me that the boxes shipped last week, i was kinda hoping to receive some kind of shipping notification, which they didn't send, of course.

i emailed them again (today), and they told me that their systems haven't* synced so customers will be receiving their boxes before the shipping notices are sent out. but like....it's been 9 days since they told me that my boxes have shipped. their headquarters are right here in NYC, so i have about half a nerve to pay them a visit and see what the f is going on!

@janey You received a reply already to your email you sent today?
    Wow, I just received a reply. They are refunding my money.
    @lovethesnow sorry I didn't reply to your comment, I didn't see the tag from so long ago. I still really want my boxes, mainly for the boxes themselves because it's a favorite color of mine, so I am quite ticked that my boxes are still (yes, still) not shipped/delivered. On 11/10, I received a tracking number, and as of today 11/30, that tracking number has shown ZERO movement. The representatives pretty much say they can't do anything since they've already refunded me for my boxes. I then went online and searched up the company, and it seems like a lot of people are having the same experience. It's been 3 full months since I placed my order, and after many attempts at communicating, I think I should give up on receiving anything at all. Their headquarters are in NYC, and I'm kinda close by, so I may just pay them a visit. Or maybe not worth my while???

@janey, I finally got my boxes, but it was really late. They are truly disorganized, I’m not sure what happened with their Hampton Lane takeover, etc.
    @sara that's great to hear! i'm glad you got something lmao.

If what you really want are the boxes and they have refunded you, I’d chat with their rep and ask what they are sending out. Could be they are sending out the snack boxes, etc, but I think they are all in the same box. Then, go in to sign up, put it in your cart and wait. Last time I did that they sent me a discount code, I think it just came up on the screen. I haven’t heard they are going under, just super disorganized, how about you?
  • TamaraTamara Posts: 615Member
    edited December 1
    SOMETHING'S going on with them. I've been subbed for the past year and until a couple months ago, I had a great experience with them. I loved that they had a store where I could buy most of the products we found through them (and we found a lot of good stuff!) AND they instituted a good rewards program to use in that store.

But now the store's gone (although they still have the now useless rewards program) and they're being insanely late with their shipping. I did get my Canada box from, what, August (?) last month - but it didn't come in the beautiful box!!

My account is on hold now and I might cancel if they don't get their act together. I don't want to just yet because I've got over $20 in rewards I'd like to use of they ever get around to bringing the store back.
  • DEGDEG Posts: 104Member
    I contacted them a little over two weeks ago about the late shipments and the status on their catching up. I was told they planned to send October within 1-2 weeks (so they missed that deadline by a bit now) and November in 'early December'. I'm holding on to my sub there because I still have Hampton's Lane credits that converted to TTW and a bunch of rewards in the hopes they bring back the store.