Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you tried any of the "Cravings" recipes?

lalalalalala Posts: 1,531Member
In the April 2016 Popsugar box was Chrissy Teigen's cookbook Cravings.

I read it and enjoyed the things she wrote about. I've made some of her recipes, but not many.

Has anyone made any of the recipes? Do you have any that you like (or dislike)???

Comments

• Em1Em1 Posts: 1,200Member
    I've only made her green bean recipe and it is fantastic.
  • PattyKPattyK Posts: 417Member
    I swapped for this book and so glad I did. The recipes are surprisingly good. Johns Tuscan Brick Chicken and Cauliflower Mash with roasred garlic oil are favorites
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,531Member
    I've made the Pad Grapow Chicken (Basil Chicken) too many times to count. I love it.
    I've also made the lasagna that wasn't made with noodles. It was fine, but I missed the pasta. The taste was amazing, though.

Tonight we're going to try her fish sandwiches with oven baking instead of frying. I just don't fry in our house. I might need to consider an air fryer to pretend to fry things.
  • vkbrownvkbrown Posts: 433Member
    Almost all of them. Love the Southern-ish dishes (the scalloped potatoes are amaaaaazing). A lot of the Thai dishes are quite good, but I find she uses way too much sugar for my taste. I made her ramen salad, halved the sugar amount she listed, and still couldn't finish a bowl it tasted so sweet to me. That is probably just personal preference though.
    @vkbrown I'm impressed you've done most of the dishes listed! Thanks for the heads up on the sugar. I haven't tried any recipes with sugar yet, but will keep it in mind. I cook all the time, so I sometimes look at a recipe with salt or sugar listed and think "what are you, crazy!?!"
  • vkbrownvkbrown Posts: 433Member
    @lalala I hear you. I also cook a lot, so I just know what I like. My friends and I went through a celebrity cookbook kick (hers, Ayesha Curry's, Pippa Middleton's), and of all the ones we tried, I liked the highest ratio of recipes from Cravings.

Other favorites from this book include the orzo and cauliflower salad, drunken noodles, and vegetable tortilla soup. A lot of the other recipes are really good, but those were a bit unique to her book.
  • megganinwonderlandmegganinwonderland Posts: 352Member
    Yes!! I love her cookbook. Our favorites are the chicken cesear salad and the Hawaiian sliders.
    edited October 5
    @vkbrown @lalala Lol! Her green bean recipe includes sugar and I was like, ????? But it's SO good!
    @Em1 When I make green vegis, I often add a pinch of sugar for sweetness...but that's without a recipe.
    Ok, update...the fish sandwiches we made (using breaded fish from Trader Joes baked in the oven, and cheddar instead of American cheese). YUM!!!!
  • ankareedaankareeda Posts: 517Member
    I've made a bunch of them. Her fish tacos and coconut rice are amazing! Most of the salads are quite good, but the Orzo one is one of my favorites.

I've made all of the Thai dishes and liked all of them. The shrimp one is my favorite, but my son loves the Pad Grapow and Jok Moo.

The Gnocchi is really good. I've made it several times with varying results, but even ugly, awkward Gnocchi is good. I didn't care for the whole fish, but my husband loved it.

My mother in law and grandma in law both stayed with us a couple of weeks after I got my book and I had to swap one for each of them because they raved about so many of the dishes.
  • kaleigh89kaleigh89 Posts: 197Member
    I registered for this book when I got married and it is like my all-time favorite cookbook! I love all the recipes I've tried so far. I only make grilled cheese now with tuna and tomato. Also, the first thing I did was read the book all the way through - she is so funny!
    edited October 6
    @kaleigh89 Grilled cheese with tuna? Like, a tuna melt? A tuna melt would be my death row meal lol

ETA: I just looked up her recipe for tuna melts and I use the EXACT same ingredients, right down to the relish and the mustard! I've been using the honey pecan mustard we got in a box once and it is divine!