Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maker's kit herb garden from quarterly box

CrystalsCrystals Posts: 1,147Member
edited October 11 in Free Stuff
Hi everyone. I got a Maker's kit from Quarterly box a while ago. After moving we discovered it again only to find out that Maker's kit is out of business. There are no instructions with this so I don't know how much to water. Can anyone help please? My kids and I thank you in advance. Ps it's the one with clover, basil, parsley and cilantro. Any other tips would be great. Thanks again!

Comments

• annazannaz Posts: 248Member
    A quick google search brought up this article with watering steps included http://connecticutlifestyles.com/how-to-create-a-mason-jar-herb-garden/

Good luck :)
  • sarasara Posts: 3,877Member
    @crystals, is it the one in the wooden box? That says Herbs on the side? I ask because that one was a huge disappointment- I think the seeds were old and no ones came up. If yours is a different one, I can tell you that it’s best to water indoor seeds with a spray bottle! Especially if you have kids watering!
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • allisenallisen Posts: 144Member
    Those seeds were expired back when they first shipped it. I'm pretty good with plants and mine never came up. I'd suggest you buy a pack of fresh seeds and plant those in the kit instead.
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,531Member
    I just have to reply that I missed they actually went out of business. They were very difficult to get things from after being in PSMH and offering a special deal.
  • AACAAC Posts: 636Member
    @lalala I don't think there was an actual announcement. Their website stopped working and they stopped responding to people. It's unfortunate because they had decent concepts. I think they just didn't do the actual business operations that well - and considering how much of a hit PS makes their vendors take, I'm guessing it was hard for them to stay afloat on such slim margins.
    Ask me for my swap profile. :#
  • lalalalalala Posts: 1,531Member
    @AAC I remember they were terrible at filling the special deal they offered in the PS box. I loved my terrarium, and wanted to love more, but didn't. They definitely had a good idea that didn't work out.

I feel sorry for those who didn't get replies. But that seems about normal for any company that goes under. I feel like that is common in the sub box world.