Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robb Vices - Dec.2017 - *Speculation* & *Spoilers*

AlexAlex Posts: 832Member
edited November 26 in All Other Boxes
Here we go - curious to see what *gift cards* we get this time. What are you hoping for in this holiday box?

December 2016, for reference:

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/12/robb-vices-subscription-box-review-coupon-december-2016.html

Comments

• rembolrembol Posts: 201Member
    This is my first box and I'm excited/nervous!! I'm hoping for a really nice bottle of champagne for the holidays!!
  • AlexAlex Posts: 832Member
    @rembol I'm also hoping for a nice bottle of champagne!
  • KECKEC Posts: 296Member
    edited November 26
    Nice champagne and maybe two gorgeously unusual flutes. And a good snack to go with it. Man, I loved those shortbreads from last box, but those'd be so wrong with champers. At the moment I can't think of other items beyond...perhaps a champagne-colored Massi or other snuggle throw in cotton or wool blend? :smile: if they have to go with a gift card...Harry & David? They have delicious pears.
  • RawcookRawcook Posts: 28Member
    I hope it's a fun box, but I like most stuff I have gotten
  • reneewreneew Posts: 753Member
    How about The Dalmore single malt, cigars and Slightly Alabama cigar case, and maybe a Morgan Stanley investment advisory consult certificate. (based on a November Robb Report on insta). This is unlikely, since the non-coupon value would definitely be well north of $200. I don't think wine since we just had that in November and had electronics in October. I have my fingers crossed against some version of the Echo/Google Home.
  • ikimashokieikimashokie Posts: 191Member
    I could use a really nice ash tray, if we're talking cigars. I've got a humidor/snipper/lighter, but I can't find a good ashtray. :/
  • flirtmdflirtmd Posts: 628Member
    The new fitbit Ionic smart watch would be great.

Just remember… "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."
  • reneewreneew Posts: 753Member
    @flirtmd That watch does look cool, but I'm (selfishly) hoping not, since I love my Apple watch and fitbit.
  • tonynowotonynowo Posts: 49Member
    Sensing it will be similar to the last couple boxes-RV close to the box or higher (inflated RV values) and GC/experiences that to be messed with.
    edited November 27
    @ikimashokie try the thrift and vintage stores...esp antique dealer collectives. I found a nice regular ashtray in one of those places. I sometimes use it to balance an e-cig on so I don't constantly lose it. It also works as a ring dish, for me. :smile:
  • RawcookRawcook Posts: 28Member
    edited December 6
    P
    Post edited by Rawcook on
    edited November 27
    If we get cigars, I might try one just for the Mad Men-type thrill (never tried one, and I am such the lady, LOL), and put the rest up for swap. I def don't want to encourage Dad to start smoking again, ever! He was a hardcore Benson & Hedges man, and quit over a year ago; we were all so happy...it blew our socks right off we were so surprised.
  • walruswalrus Posts: 19Member
    I’d take cigar items. Would also like a nice watch or tech. Been a long time since there was a cool tech toy.
  • MarissaMarissa Posts: 96Member
    Seriously hoping for no cigars, no one I know smokes tobacco anymore and here in San Diego we have much more "useful" things to smoke that they will certainly not be sending through the mail!

Really hoping for a cool tech item, nothing great since the speaker in my first RV box, that breo lighter looked amazing though! Something like that would be cool. Smoker wasnt bad just value-wise not good
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 952Member
    I still need to use my Gilt coupon, but don't want November. Anyone know if they are sold out, or if I should wait til 12/1?
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,750Member
    @joiedevie99 You might want to check the terms of you Gilt coupon. I believe they expired 11/3.
  • redbrchredbrch Posts: 18Member
    @joiedevie99 depends what city you bought the gilt deal from. I got one from Boston gilt (you can switch cities) and those run through 12/28. I also did NYC. If you use yours now you will get December.
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 2,750Member
    @joiedevie99 Good! I bought the NY one and was going to be super sad if you missed the deadline to use yours.
  • joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 952Member
    @boxjoy Thanks! That would have made me sad. I just put me order through - hopefully I'll get a good mystery extra box :)
  • Jen_GJen_G Posts: 218Member
    I wonder if we'll get the box before Christmas??
  • AlexAlex Posts: 832Member
  • patricktpatrickt Posts: 12Member
    My label was created this morning
  • patricktpatrickt Posts: 12Member
    @reneew Possibly. I just started a new 3 month with a bonus. I guess it could be the bonus box, but it doesn't seem like RV to send a bonus box so early during a subscription. It's 9 pounds, adult signature required. Which is what my May box was that I received as a bonus box within the last 30 days from another subscription... we'll see. Hopefully I'm not getting a duplicate May box right after just receiving one.
  • michellebellemichellebelle Posts: 447Member
    @patrickt sorry to let you know that I received 2 May boxes as bonuses within 30 days of one another.