Welcome to MSA's Secret Santa Exchange 5.0!
Everyone is welcome to participate, but must follow the GUIDELINES in this post. (We may modify the GUIDELINES in future rounds depending on how this goes.)
People will be randomly matched with a partner based on whatever retail value category you choose. Basic Rules:
1. Retail value guidelines are estimates, but please try to stick close to these to be fair to everyone. (Even if an item can be found for less than retail, has gone on sale, etc., let’s stick to retail value to keep this simple for everyone.)
2. Brand new items only. Do not include items that have been swatched or otherwise used or tested in any way. Do not include expired items.
3. Food/drinks will be allowed in this exchange.
4. Consider gift wrapping your items or doing something a little extra to make this fun and different from a normal swap.
5. You must include a minimum of 1 item from a subscription box in the box you are putting together. This item must be a full size item (not a sample, deluxe sample, or foil packet). If it is not obvious, please somehow indicate which item(s) came from subscription boxes so we don’t end up with non-subscription box items on the swap site eventually.
6. Retail Value Category Options (applies to the total value of all items in the box you send, but not packing materials or shipping itself):
• Dasher (Retail Value $25-39)
• Dancer (Retail Value $40-59)
• Prancer (Retail Value $60-79)
• Vixen (Retail Value $80-99)
• Comet (Retail Value $100-134)
• Cupid (Retail Value $135-169)
• Donner (Retail Value $170-199)
Note that if for some reason we have an odd number of people in a particular category such that a match is not possible, you may be moved down to a lower Retail Value category so the match can be made. This is rare, but you will be notified if this happens. No one will be moved up into a higher Retail Value category. Timeline
1. The exchange begins when this post is online.
2. I will send everyone an email containing the information for their match as soon as I can, but on or by sometime Saturday, December 2 at the latest.
3. You may ship your package at any time, but no later than Monday, December 18th. Please use and keep a copy of your tracking number just in case. (You do not need to send this number to me.)
4. All packages should be delivered by Friday, December 22nd at the latest.
5. I plan to provide periodic reminders here about the timeline for everyone’s convenience.
6. We will have a thread for reveals/photos starting on or around December 11th. Posting photos after receipt will remain optional, but please at least acknowledge (and hopefully thank the sender!) when you receive yours to eliminate any questions of whether a package was received, etc.To participate,
please send an email
to [email protected]
with subject “SECRET SANTA EXCHANGE 5.0” including all of the following information by noon Pacific on Friday
, December 1, 2017:
1. Your forum name
2. Your real name
3. Mailing address
USA addresses only this round. If there is enough interest, we will open this up for intra-Canada matches as well. Please let me know ASAP if you are in Canada and are interested in participating.
4. List of 5 things or categories of things you like
(for example, candles, geek/gamer items, unique items, organic household products, products for curly hair) Please do not list things you do not like because this information will not be passed along to your match.
5. Name of your favorite subscription box
6. Your favorite color(s)/scent(s)
if not already mentioned (OPTIONAL)
7. Holiday(s) you celebrate
(for example, Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, other) (OPTIONAL)
8. Are you okay with receiving food/drinks
? If you want to make sure you will not receive alcohol, please specify that here as well. Please specify whether you are ok with homemade food.
9. List any allergies
you want your match to be aware of (OPTIONAL)
10. Your swap user ID number
, but can help provide the person receiving your name with more information in case they want to consider it.)
11. We are limiting this to one match this round. If you request a match in any category other than the lowest two RV categories (Dasher or Dancer), please tell me how you qualify for that here (for example, participated in past exchange or your swap user ID number*** if you didn't list it already above). We reserve the right to refuse anyone participation in this exchange.)
12. Retail Value category you want to participate in
(Retail Value $25-39)
(Retail Value $40-59)
(Retail Value $60-79)
(Retail Value $80-99)
(Retail Value $100-134)
(Retail Value $135-169)
(Retail Value $170-199)
Note that we have opened this up to add higher categories than ever before by popular request. We will give this a shot and see how everyone likes it.
13. Anything else you want me to know
in making your match.
***Your swap user ID number can be found by logging into the swap site from a non-mobile device, clicking on the upside-down triangle in the top right corner of the screen, and then clicking on My Swaps, and then on Profile Page. The URL information at the top of your screen will contain your swap user ID number: for example swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/XXXX/profile where XXX is your swap user ID number. Fine Print:
By sending me your information, you agree to follow all GUIDELINES listed in this post.
(We do not plan to modify the GUIDELINES listed here but reserve the right to do so if necessary. We will notify everyone if that happens. I am not participating in this exchange.) I will not share your information with anyone aside from the person you will be matched with.
Note that the person whose name you receive may or may not be the same as the person who receives your name. Please reach out to me with any questions.
Most importantly, have fun!