Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advent Calendar Daily Reveal Thread (Spoilers)

CynthiaCynthia Posts: 28Member
edited December 1 in General
Since there are so many advent calendars this year, I thought it would be fun to share what are in the boxes each day. I have L'Occitane and Target. Day 1: L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Bath and Shower Gel and from Target, Maybelline Great Lash mascara in blackest black.
Post edited by Cynthia on

Comments

• Nadiagirl1Nadiagirl1 Posts: 135Member
    Good idea on the thread. I know there are more advent calendars but I wanna to know which ones I did not get. I love them all
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,375Member
    My daughter got a cute pair of Santa hat socks from Target and an awesome chocolate from truffles in Paradise. I'm waiting to enjoy my wine until later from my coopers hawk 12 days of wine calendar yet.
  • TPopTPop Posts: 124Member
    Strawberry Verbena jam in the Bonne Maman box. Tiny little jar - just enough for 2 pieces of toast.
  • lovethesnowlovethesnow Posts: 601Member
    Dangit, why did I read this thread already? I didn't open my L'occitane or Target socks calendar this morning and now I know.
    My son opened his Target socks calendar for men and received the cutest crew socks - ninja gingerbread men.
  • CynthiaCynthia Posts: 28Member
    @lovethesnow I'm so sorry! I edited the title to add "spoilers". I hope this thread doesn't ruin the fun of opening the calendars. I was curious to find out what items everyone received.
  • birdertonbirderton Posts: 370Member
    Shame on me! I got the QVC calendar and I didn't even think about it in my frantic rush to get out the door this morning. I guess that just means I have a surprise waiting for me when I get home later. :smiley:
  • LadybugLadybug Posts: 137Member
    L'occitane offered two calendars this year. My calendar is different than @Cynthia. L'occitane - Verveine Eau de Toilette. Target socks for boys - Red and white stripe socks. Target socks for women - Deer socks. Lego City - Caboose. Sadly my Truffles in Paradise calendar is not moving.
  • lovethesnowlovethesnow Posts: 601Member
    @Cynthia Oh, it's fine. It does say reveal so I should have known. I just didn't think.
  • finlidanfinlidan Posts: 1,742Member
    I got the Body Shop advent calendar (the cheap one) and day one was a strawberry Born Lippy.
  • LunaLuna Posts: 1,775Member
    Day 1 Goodies:
    - Starskin Plumping & Hydrating Lip Mask (ASOS)
    - Herbivore Brighten Glow Mask (Birchbox)
    - Illamasqua Lipstick (Lookfantastic)
    - NARS lip gloss (Harrods)
    - Caudalie Beauty Elixir (Skinstore)

Brand specific boxes:
    - Nuxe Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm
    - Atelier Cologne in Café Tuberosa
    - Decleor Cleansing Mousse
    - Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
    - Dr. Haushka Rose Nurturing Body Cream

I also got a Laura Gellar Lip Strip lip scrub, but for the life of me I can't figure out which calendar it came from! I count I have 10 calendars, and 10 products are listed above, so I'm at a loss, but I know it came from a calendar because I can see myself taking it out of one, but all the others match up. Maybe I got it in the Birchbox calendar(?), but then where did I get that Herbivore mask from today??? Yikes! I be trippin'. That'd be cool if an 11th calendar I forgot about within the span of a few hours magically showed up.
  • CassieBCassieB Posts: 611Member
    My Mom surprised me today with the QVC advent calendar I had jokingly asked her for right after MSA posted about it!! I had forgotten I'd even asked her :D
    Day 1: Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream
    Day 2: Nest Citrine rollerball (omg I love this scent!)
  • JenniferLJenniferL Posts: 471Member
    edited December 3
    I think I’m doing LookFantastic backwards from how Luna is doing it. In the advent calendars of my childhood we always started with 25 and counted down to 1. Old habits die hard.

Edit spoilers out for those of you who start at 1.
    Post edited by JenniferL on
    edited December 3
    I figured it out. Both the Laura Gellar lip scrub & herbivore mask came from Birchbox. Birchbox's calendar had two extra products labeled Surprise & Joy. I decided to open one on Day 1 & save the other for the last day of the calendar. Sheesh! That was driving me nuts!

@JenniferL I've already been told by my family I'm not opening them right :lol: , but to make it easy on myself I'm opening them all starting on Day 1, then working my way through them as the days go on. I think most of my calendars are only 10 or 12 day calendars so I should be done with them by 12/10 & 12/12, and only have a few left by Christmas. :smile:
    edited December 3
    Gonna Edit since I apparently do it backwards. People might be cool with spoilers for that day, but not 25 days away on the calendar they are working through
    Post edited by JenniferL on
    @Luna: You’re an advent calendar Rebel! I bet you’re also one of those heretics who puts end of the toilet paper over the top of the roll, instead of down the side of the wall :wink:
    When I was a kid, I used to call my advent calendar “count the days till Christmas” so the number you’re revealing signifies “how many days left until Christmas” instead of “what day of the month are we on.” I’m also Team “Duck Duck Grey Duck,” though so that alone should tell you that I’m weird.
  • CynthiaCynthia Posts: 28Member
    Days 2 and 3 from L'Occitane: hand creme and almond soap

Target: e.l.f. lip exfoliator and hask argon oil

Regretting not getting the Lookfantastic calendar!
  • JenaiJenai Posts: 79Member
    My husband pointed out that putting the toilet paper over the top means you are less likely to touch the rest of the tissue with germy hands. I've done it his way since. I've also noticed it's a bit easier to control how much is taken.
    When I google searched “advent calendar count up or down” it auto filled after 2nd c, so we are not the only ones having this debate! Here is one page I found with many different viewpoints.

https://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?379394-Advent-Calendars-up-or-down
  • TPopTPop Posts: 124Member
    @lisad To further complicate your theory, I’M the lefty.
  • lisadlisad Posts: 2,375Member
    edited December 4
    @JenniferL I knew I had a kinship with you..... We do everything our own way!
  • laurablaurab Posts: 658Member
    What's this about tp down the wall? I always thought that was the "wrong" way to hang it.i really thought the only right way was over top. it does make it easy to grab. Also I'm weird because I hate sink faucets that are too close to the edge of the sink so it makes it hard to rinse hands without touching the sink bowl.
  • PlaidGirlPlaidGirl Posts: 931Member
    edited December 4
    I used to work at this really fancy restaurant that wanted everything done a very specific way. They grilled into me that the tp should always be "like a waterfall" with the paper over the top. And that's how I roll ever since.
    Post edited by PlaidGirl on
    PM me for my swap profile. :)
    I just hang it however it ends up. I know it only takes a second to determine how the roll will roll, but I just "don't have the time" to figure that out. haha! But, I have noticed if it's against the wall for some reason it will just keep rolling & rolling if it's tugged on just right. So I have to roll it back up then it becomes at least twice its original size. Ugh.
  • birdertonbirderton Posts: 370Member
    I'm a day behind on my advent calendar so there will probably be another post later with today's info but for now, on to the important information!

QVC Calendar Day 3: L'Occitane hand cream

Toilet paper direction: over the top for sure