Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look Fantastic Black Friday Mystery Box

I just got the Look Fantastic Back for Black Friday Box, and I'm pretty happy! I paid $22 with the coupon code, and I got:

Hot makeup bronzer
Regenerate toothpaste $2.52
Cowshed toner $4.30
Mimitika face sunscreen $3.70
MorrocanOil styling cream $13
Jelly pong pong highlighter pencil $17.95
Keratase shampoo $20.50
Omorovicza cleansing foam $13.30
Pur concealer $14.50
Starskin eye masks $5.50
Balance me face wash $12
Imedeen beauty shot $4.50

Numbers 1-6 were the whole July 2017 box, and everything else was from older boxes. But an overall RV of over $111 is...Fantastic! Did anyone else get this box? I'm curious to see if they're all the same.

Comments

• BuckeyeGalBuckeyeGal Posts: 21Member
    I got one! I got almost the same exact list except the shampoo, foam and concealer. I also got a face mask instead of eye mask.
    I am trying to like the face wash, but the smell gets to me :/
  • BritanyLeeBritanyLee Posts: 21Member
    @BuckeyeGal It definitely smells natural haha. I'm not sure I like it either.
  • GlowingAmberGlowingAmber Posts: 273Member
    The Omorovicza face wash is probably my favorite, and I so wish it wasn't so darn expensive. The smell, I believe, is blue chamomile, which I agree, smells a little funky. My friend and I tried to make a pillow spray, and we didn't have any regular chamomile. Tried using the blue, it was awful.
  • JenaiJenai Posts: 79Member
    I tried starting a reveal thread a couple days ago, but it got trapped in the spam folder or something. Here is what I got in mine:

Of my 12 'completely random' *couph* items it appears 5 were skincare, 2 were makeup, 3 were haircare, and two I'm not sure how to place (drinkable beauty shot & enamel toothpaste.)

Specifically, I got:

December 2016 box:
    CoQ10 + caviar mask (rv $6.50?)

from April 2017 box:
    Omorovicza cleansing foam 25ml (rv $13.30):
    Madara fine line minimizing cream 20ml (rv $17.80) [Very excited to try this]
    Alterna Caviar CC hair cream 25ml (rv $8:45)

June 2017 box:
    Kerastase Resistance Shampoo 80 ml (rv $20?)

July 2017 box (it seems I got the entire box):
    Hotmakeup bronzing powder 5g (rv $29?) - I need a non-loose-powder bronzer, so yay
    Regenerate toothpaste (rv $2.52) - If this stuff works, it will be amazing - it's so hard to actually repair enamel once lost
    Cowshed Chamomile toner (rv $4.30) - I was excited until I realized it had lavender in it (allergic)
    Mimitika face sunscreen 10ml (rv $3.70): - A high spf water resistant face sunscreen! :) Unfortunately, the lid came loose and almost off, so I'm a bit worried it might expire before next summer
    MoroccanOil Hydrating Styling Cream 75ml (rv $13) - I like moroccon oil for my hair, so this should be good
    Jelly Pong Pong Bare Necessities Highlighting Pencil (rv $17.95) - Definitely something I could use

? Imedeen Advanced Beauty shot (rv $4.50?)

Overall? It was a good value as rv was over $138. However, it doesn't appear like the selections were truly 'completely random' as promised. It seems highly improbable that I would get the whole July box (plus the drink shot which some people got that month and others didn't?) in a "completely random selection of 12 products that have previously featured in our Beauty Boxes from May 2016 to September 2017." Statistics aren't my strong suit so my math is probably wrong here, but if there were 6 items a month for 27 months and every item was equally probable, it would be something like odds of 1/9505049400 to get six items from the exact same box. (I'm sure they don't have an equal number of every product, but odds would still be be very low) And the odds of me and @BritanyLee and I both getting the same July items 'completely randomly' if all items had an equal chance would be something like 9.0345956e+17?? Etc.

It's not that I dislike the products overall, but that the advertising seems very off and that rubs me the wrong way. It's like they had a lot of July boxes left and rather than put the old July boxes up for sale, decided to advertise that there would be completely random lots of 12 items, knowing that most of them would randomly just happen to include the July box. Fortunately I liked most of the July box, but if they are going to include a specific collection I'd prefer they spoil the items for a sale rather than pretend it's random.
  • pinkiepinkie Posts: 2Member
    This is what was in my Mystery Box...

Dec 2016:
    Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash $12

April 2017:
    This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle $3.90
    Vitamasques Pomegranate Sheet Mask $4
    Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Foundation Powder in Fair $6.60

June 2017:
    Hailey Baldwin for ModelCo Lip Gloss in Biz $14

Entire July 2017 Box:
    Imedeen Beauty shot $4.50
    Revers Hot Makeup Bronzer $?
    Regenerate Toothpaste $2.52
    Cowshed Toner $4.30
    Mimitika Face Sunscreen $3.70
    Morrocan Oil Styling Cream $13
    Jelly Pong Pong Highlighter Pencil $17.95

I would've loved to have received the Omorovicza and Kerastase. Jealoussss! I don't subscribe to Look Fantastic so almost everything is new to me, but I'll probably end up using only half of the items.
    I got the same exact box as you @pinkie
    My foundation crumbled over everything tho :neutral:
  • BritanyLeeBritanyLee Posts: 21Member
    Surprisingly my favorite thing I've tried out of my box has been the Pur concealer. It covers blemishes with one tap, blends well, and stays put all day ☺️
  • CHSCHS Posts: 2Member
    I specifically didn't get the summer boxes because I don't tend to need/use the products that come out in the summer...and I got a bunch of products from summer boxes. I usually love Look Fantastic but I was less than impressed with what seems like a bait-and-switch. This wasn't random. They had a ton of summer products and should have offered them up at a discount instead of pretending to sell "mystery" boxes.