Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soldes Start Today!

vkbrownvkbrown Posts: 456Member
Hi All,

My calendar reminder went off. The soldes start today in France. Typically 1951, Les Nereides and a lot of other sub box brands have participated in the past. As well as most other French brands.

Happy shopping!

Comments

• joiedevie99joiedevie99 Posts: 981Member
    1951 posted on Instagram that they are doing 20% off the whole site, but it hasn't actually gone live yet so far as I can tell.
  • danielle115danielle115 Posts: 8Member
    I’ve been waiting for the sale . Just to clarify it’s on the 1951 website ? Because I’m not seeing it yet
  • MoonAndStarsMoonAndStars Posts: 768Member
    1951 is live now for me! Is anyone doing a group order?
  • GadilikiGadiliki Posts: 455Member
    edited January 10
    The 1951 sale started at 19h51 today (1:51 pm EST)
  • steffyniesteffynie Posts: 125Member
    What size is the one that they all seem to be? Is that L or XL? Possibly interested in a group order if anyone does one.
  • KKHKKH Posts: 505Member
    Thanks @vkbrown! I went ahead and ordered the black with silver emblem I’ve been coveting.
  • aggieaggie Posts: 237Member
    @MoonAndStars I’ll be up for a group order!
  • HillaryHillary Posts: 358Member
    I'm always tempted, but probably not ordering. I wanted to check out the 1951 site and I found a link on an old thread that has the site in English:
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=fr&sp=nmt4&u=http://www.1951.fr/&usg=ALkJrhh1Bk0bZgHhIL3lECbimKOkuJml8g
    Hope this works and can be of help!
  • CMBCMB Posts: 336Member
    edited January 11
    @aggie @MoonAndStars I'm also up for a group order... I may "need" 1 or 2 :) Let me know if you (or someone else) is placing an order...thanks!
  • paigepaige Posts: 422Member
    If you all do a group order please PM me. Although the one I was coveting is "solde" out. I have a few others that may persuade me.
  • lauren728lauren728 Posts: 1Member
    I would also do a group order!!!
  • sarasara Posts: 4,228Member
    I really need a chain and am trying to talk myself out of two bags. Since I have at least two I’ve never carried still.
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • cleegiantscleegiants Posts: 1,937Member
    Oh no. This has reminded me, i'm supposed to send a 1951 dust bag to someone....if it's you, can you PM me please? Life has been hectic the past month!
  • terriergirlterriergirl Posts: 168Member
    Hey @cleegiants , it was me! Do you need my address again? Thanks a million!
    http:forum://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/10617/profile
  • cleegiantscleegiants Posts: 1,937Member
    Oh, so sorry @terriergirl! I went through my PMs. I have your address - will get it out this weekend at the latest.
  • TraciRheinTraciRhein Posts: 1,822Member
    I'll join a group order if one comes together.
  • terriergirlterriergirl Posts: 168Member
    Thanks @cleegiants! You're the best! <3 <3
    http:forum://swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/user/10617/profile
  • SchriftstellerinSchriftstellerin Posts: 108Member
    **1951 customer service issue**
    Let me preface this by saying I have done three personal orders from 1951 over the past couple years, so HUNDREDS of Euro. Some of you may have seen my post from last month. That's when they launched the new ones and like many of you, I was all over it--ordered three clutches and one chain as a spare. One of the bags they sent was wrong--not one I would have EVER paid nor even swapped for. I checked my invoice to be sure I had not made the mistake before emailing them; it was on their end. OF COURSE the one I had wanted the MOST (I'd ordered the other two to "justify" shipping costs...but could've lived without them) is SOLD OUT.

Three days later (12-21), I got a response from someone who says they will look into it and see if they can find a replacement and make it right--of course not so "American friendly." An entire week goes by, so I sent a polite "Happy Holidays" follow-up. Silence. OK, it's just after Christmas; they may be a little slow to reply, they may not have an English speaker who can respond...fine. No biggie.

Except, to me, it IS a big deal, so two days ago I sent ANOTHER email and, well, have heard not a peep. Now of course they're likely flooded with emails and work because of the sales. It's now been more than three WEEKS since I emailed them the first time and have gotten NO reply other than the initial. I have an expensive bag I do not want, I don't have what I paid for, and I'm being ignored. To say I'm angry and discouraged is an understatement.

Why am I announcing this here?? Because many of you are loyal customers, and particularly now with the sales going on, more of you are probably ordering. Heck, I would be! Though I believe it was an oversight initially, they have done NOTHING to fix it. I would say this is a one-off, but we're going on a solid month here with no resolution and well, I just want to cry from disappointment and frustration and really, REALLY do not want this to happen to anyone else.
  • sarasara Posts: 4,228Member
    @Schriftstellerin, that is just not right and they need to fix it for you. You paid full price for those bags. They should be showering you with 1951 goodness...
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • kaleigh89kaleigh89 Posts: 264Member
    @Schriftstellerin I agree with @sara - who cares if you're from the US, you paid just as much as someone from Europe did! But on the bright side, you haven't gotten a no from them - so you can still hold out hope that they will eventually respond. I would post on their facebook or see if there's another way you can contact them.
  • DebraDebra Posts: 710Member
    I caved and ordered a couple. I hope there are no problems!! @Schriftstellerin I really hope they make things right for you!!
  • Miaow23Miaow23 Posts: 195Member
    @Schriftstellerin I'm pretty sure they were probably only down to a few staff or closed entirely until after the new year and maybe also didn't have a good English speaker to respond to you as you said. I absolutely agree that they should be making this up to you, but my experience with the French and their business approach, is that they immediately get defensive as soon as a possible problem is pointed out. Unlike North American customer service, where the customer is the one to whom the business caters, often times, it's almost the opposite with the French. They will make you feel like 1) they're doing you a favor or 2) that the problem is not really a problem and you're bein unreasonable.
    The only way I have found to counter this is to keep detailed records (when allowed) and point out their errors via facts in strong but polite language. Don't back down.
    If you think it would help to write them in French, you could send me a draft and I can translate it tonight.
    Like your name btw :)
  • californiajanetcaliforniajanet Posts: 560Member
    Does anyone know if Rose et Marius participates in Soldes? (I went to their website and didn't see any signs of sale...but wondering if maybe there could be a code?)
  • pj2014pj2014 Posts: 209Member
    I bought a Rose et Marius tumbler and matches from luxe provence. I felt I needed it. Lol
  • pj2014pj2014 Posts: 209Member
    @californiajanet I don’t think so. I was on their page too and I didn’t see anything. Luxe Provence had one tumbler in stock whose color I liked so I picked that one up.
  • janemockingjayjanemockingjay Posts: 1,237Member
    So after doing some digging and finding out there’s no possible way for me to get another Ouvrage bag that has the leather straps by buying it (it’s only a boutique brand and all the boutique says is “contact us for purchasing”) I started digging around for other French brands and stumbled upon the Perl B site and their stuff is 30% off right now too and they have some amazing looking purses like this one on there. Anyone have any Perl B stuff who can tell me if their quality is worth the price?
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 383Member
    @janemockingjay I have (had) the Perl linen sac and I loved it! Used it as my "carry everything around daily" bag for about four months. The snap broke after two months but I still continued to use it. It just got so dirty and I couldn't figure out how to wash/clean it. I'm considering trying to wash the body without getting the leather straps wet. I can't vouch for the other products but I thought for the price it would hold up longer. Just my experience ...
  • missycat928missycat928 Posts: 1,166Member
    Sorry - @janemockingjay - I hated my Perl b linen tote. It was flimsy and cheap, IMO. I would have picked over it at target if it was on clearance. I hate being so harsh, but I worshiped the look of the bag whenmlixe Provence spoiled it. I splurged on the box to get it and when I finally had it in my hands, I was so annoyed. It was highly sought after and swapped in seconds, but if I had paid full price for that bag I would have been angry.
    For comparison (so you get a sense of my style and likes) - one of the best bags I have ever owned was the all black Stella. Used that for over a year because it was just so amazing. I also like Tory Burch Ella totes, and some Cooney and Bourne totes. Other bags I have gotten from a seamstress in Paris and she makes insane linen bags that hold their shape and take a beating.
    Omg @Claudia - I am so sorry I just ripped apart an item you loved. Sheesh - I guess different strokes! @janemockingjay - maybe you will love it!