Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortune Cookie Soap (Spoilers)

JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 1,468Member
edited February 15 in All Other Boxes
Hey all! I know there are a lot of FCS fans on here and a few who aren't on social media to keep track of the latest postings and updates. I thought it would be good to post news, offer to swap, and gush about their amazing products on here.
Post edited by Jackiecupcake on

Comments

• issheinacomaissheinacoma Posts: 284Member
    1) I am ALWAYS up for FCS talk.
    2) I am so not into Sailor Moon, so I'm skipping next month.
    3) I cannot wait to get The Office collection! I was able to snag the full collection on Friday!
  • entwashianentwashian Posts: 2,115Member
    Yay! Thanks @Jackiecupcake! I've thought we needed a thread on this! I also don't have Facebook so I sometimes have trouble keeping abreast of FCS news.

I'm so excited for the Sailor Moon box, & those scents sound amazing!
    Did anyone get the PvV collection? I'm curious about the pedi-stick. The reviews are good, but reviews tend to be a bit skewed positive on their site.
    Do you guys think it'll be Avengers? Or Marvel in general?

We can't be the only three on the whole forum who care about FCS!
  • AirianAirian Posts: 499Member
    Well thanks to @issheinacoma I know have a FCS obsession! Thank you for introducing me to this wonderful products!
  • JackiecupcakeJackiecupcake Posts: 1,468Member
    @issheinacoma - there was another comment that implied it was Avengers because she posted a gif of Thanos.

Agreed though, I'm surprised there aren't more FCS fans out there. It's such a great company!

So, this is nice huh? Talking about FCS and stuff. Nice and distracting. No dramz.

What's everyone's most favorite product and least favorite product? I love WCs. I could do without Mist Mes.
    @issheinacoma - This forum still has many people who are chill. :)

I also like the WC, I also really like the deep conditioner. I've gotten a few of their nail polishes and they're pretty fun.

Favorite scent? Loyal (or Hufflepuff) is my favorite! I want everything in that scent.
    My favorite scent by far is Inconceivable. Then runner up is Middle Earth. Love the earthy, clean scents.
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 3,151Member
    I've never tried any of their stuff but have wanted to for awhile. I'm a bath junkie. Any suggestions on the best way to try out their stuff? Are they still doing mystery boxes?
    @boxjoy - They do a monthly box that's $28 plus shipping (the first monthly box ships free). The monthly box is a mixture of items and the scent depends on the current collection.

They also have an upcoming pre-order for an Easter box that's Toy Story themed.
    Yessssssssssss Marvel-y goodness!

@boxjoy They do a monthly themed box that is still partly a mystery, and then they launch a larger line around that same theme. They don't do their larger quarterly/holiday boxes anymore.
  • SubscriptionBoxAngelSubscriptionBoxAngel Posts: 161Member
    They have a Monthly Box, which is a pretty good deal IMO. They give a variety of stuff in the monthly box with a "theme" each month. The last box I got had a bath bomb, pillow spray, body scrub, soap, hair sea spray, and something for feet too. (full size products). Maybe there was more but that's what I recall right now. The point is that there is variety in what they send out each month, and you can always skip a month easily if you don't like the theme (they tell you well in advance).
    Subscription Box Angel's Video Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPXZHRJ0hteCY6soqwVIUIw
    YAY! @boxjoy They don't have mystery boxes (other than a couple of times a year they'll have a "get what you get" sale to get rid of aging products).
    They aren't doing their $20 quarterly box of their seasonal stuff anymore. They've moved to a monthly box model at $30+shipping, and those themes are always released in advance, though the scents and actual products are not. The products in those boxes are available for sale at the end of the month that the box is shipped.
    They release mini-collections randomly. Those are based on a theme and the scents and products are always spoiled in advance. They are for sale for 1-3 days only and are not restocked.
    Then they have products that are always in stock.
    There are seasonal products, based around a theme, that are stocked and restocked throughout a season.
    Check their launch calendar for themes that might appeal to you: https://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/pages/launch-calendar
    The whipped cream sampler pack is a good place to start to check out different scents: https://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/collections/body-butters-1/products/whipped-cream-sampler
    I am cracking up that not one, but four people are like YES MONTHLY BOX GET ON IT.
  • boxjoyboxjoy Posts: 3,151Member
    Yay! Thank you ladies! I've kind of peeked in on this box for awhile but I think it's time to take the plunge and certainly follow this thread :)
  • SarahFrancesSarahFrances Posts: 736Member
    I have such a love/hate relationship with FCS. I spend entirely too much money there, though, so I guess they’re doing enough things right to keep me coming back for more. One of my biggest negatives with them is that I don’t like most of their scents; I’m an earthy, woodsy, herbal girl, and they lean heavily toward fruity and bakery smells. That being said, I think when they do a woodsy or evergreen scent they do it really well.

My favorites are probably lion’s breath, three-eyed raven (sooooo good), and the north remembers. Small favors and buttercup are up there too. This past winter collection - the lord of the rings one - really hit it out of the park for me. I went a little nuts, since it was the first time I liked most of the fragrances. (Why does Kingsfoil smell so good?! I don’t even like lemon-scented things.)

Favorite product is hands down the whipped soap, then the facial cleansing oil, the scrubs, and the deep conditioner (though I think their regular conditioner is awful). I was surprised by how much I like their liquid shampoo.
    Spoiler for the March box! Sailor Mercury shampoo maybe? Body wash? It's so shimmery!
    YES! I love the winter collection SO MUCH! I plan to make one more order (on top of my 3 already) before it's gone for good. My dog ate my sample of the cuticle salve that came in Kingsfoil. We had words. I also bought the highlighter because, though I'll never use it, it's freaking beautiful.

I was surprised by the shampoo bars. I have very long, very thick hair. Though it takes some time and a lot of the bar, it actually works really well.
    I don’t even think the cuticle butter did kingsfoil justice. It’s even better in the body wash and whipped cream. I like their shampoo bars, but I like the way my hair feels with the liquid shampoo slightly better. I have super fine hair, so both formulas seem to last forever for me.
  • lisaychuanglisaychuang Posts: 122Member
    Silly question, but I want to get in on the Toy Story pre-order launching on 2/16. What's the best way to do this? I've never ordered from FCS before! :#
    @lisaychuang - It goes pre-sale on the 16th. So, you will be able to order it on that day on their website. Because it's pre-sale it won't sell out since they just make a limited amount.

You won't get it until closer to Easter though because it's a holiday box.
    You came to the right place, @lisaychuang! Since it's a pre-order, it's super easy. Just go onto their site on 2/16 and order the box. Since it's pre-order, it'll probably take a week or so to ship. That typically means they're seeing how much they'll sell before making all of the products, so it takes some time to finish up the batch before shipping the orders out.
  • lisaychuanglisaychuang Posts: 122Member
    Awesome, thanks for the tips @issheinacoma & @Jackiecupcake ! I've been following the chats about FCS and looooves Toy Story, looks like it's time to dive in ;)
  • PenguinPrincessPenguinPrincess Posts: 106Member
    edited February 8
    I keep talking myself in & out of subbing. Love their stuff (mostly just the bakery scented) but only the bath bombs and candles. Too bad you can't customize a sub to only get certain items in certain scents. I spend too much money there though, I'm always trying to get free shipping.

My favorite scent ever from them was the On Wednesday We Wear Pink bath bomb. OMG! When I realized they were gone forever, I contacted the company and begged to purchase tons of them or even just the scent itself and got nowhere.

I've actually been considering making my own bath bombs so that I can find the perfect combo.
    @PenguinPrincess I would encourage you to check out some fragrance suppliers websites and read the descriptions of their fragrance oils, because I guarantee you that scent is out there somewhere; it’s just a matter of figuring out from which supplier they purchased it. There’s a chance they blended a couple together, but I don’t think they actually do that quite as much as they’d like people to believe. I mean, so many of the fragrance oils available (the majority of them, really) already have multiple notes in them, and it isn’t often necessary to blend. There is a fragrance oil shortage going on right now, though (I swear I’m not making that up, as odd as it sounds), so there aren’t as many options available. I’m kind of curious as to how it’s affecting some of the bath and body companies.