Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heads up on progress of swap rules

Liz CadmanLiz Cadman Posts: 402Administrator
Just a heads up that we’re reading all your feedback and we’re working on official swap rules that will be posted here, on the swap site, and emailed to all swappers. We’re also making notes of feature requests to build into the swap site in the future. We plan on giving everyone lead time to know when the new rules will be in place so they can adjust/swap listings accordingly.

2 things we can confirm now:

Listings from items bought with gift cards will no longer be allowed.

We will be removing LBB + all listings under it since that subscription hasn’t been around in years, and there is no way to verify items at this point.

Again, everyone will have time between when these rules are announced and when they are live, but I just wanted to give the forum an update since we've been discussing it here.

Thank you!

Comments

• HangryfortheDHangryfortheD Posts: 424Member
    @Liz Cadman and @chris - What are your thoughts on the use of other's photos in the user uploaded section for a swap item image? No credit is given then so wondering how impacted this could be by intellectual property laws. There are loads of photos uploaded that way which give no credit, rather than copy/pasting the direct image link URL that then gives credit for the photo.
    I’m having my own fun. It’s amusing to me how worked up you all get
  • Liz CadmanLiz Cadman Posts: 402Administrator
    @HangryfortheD I always want photos to be properly credited. Thanks for bringing this up. We can add in warning text to the photo upload section and also put this in the swap site rules.
    @Liz Cadman Thanks. Asking because currently on page 1/2 of swaps, there are photos from other sub review blogs that haven't been credited, and don't want to see issues arise.
    @HangryfortheD if there are any specifics ones you can email me so I can fix that would be great. And we'll try to stop this from happening moving forward.

I appreciate it!
  • LivingtheDreamLivingtheDream Posts: 1,358Member
    The few times I tried to use it, the direct image link URL never worked for me.
  • wldflowur13wldflowur13 Posts: 889Member
    Awww man, no LBB!?! Crud!! I'm hoping you'll give us at least some time before the listing are pulled. Would it be possible to get like a 2 months grace period before they are taken down? I just listed a few new LBB bags just last week. I know it's hard to verify items but most of the time you can google the items and see if there have been reviews that include it. But I do understand that a lot of people have used it to list random items.
    CJ84 said:

@Liz Cadman is there a way you can make swappers individual notes about their posted items visible when you're just scrolling through their items and not only when you're looking at a list of users who posted an item if that makes sense

@CJ84 Makes sense. I'll add it to the list. Thank you!
  • SusanDSusanD Posts: 266Member
    I agree with @ssk7783 about the feedback box. It’s great that you get a message for you to make sure but it would be nice if it mentions what you chose. My last handful of swaps I’ve thoughtvthe same thing
  • ShortiaShortia Posts: 3Member
    I am still wait listed to join the fun swap community, so am probably not the best to give comments yet, but reading through this I think it's really important to find a way to give honest feedback. I was a seller on ebay for years, mostly of vintage postcards, and had a 100% positive feedback rating. Ebay is so punitive in favor of buyers that I never gave negative feedback. If buyers didn't like an item (though I scanned both sides of everything) I took it back, postage paid. If they said they didn't get something, even if the post office said they did, I gave a full refund. The unbalanced ebay dynamic encourages unrealistic evaluations. It would be ideal to find a way here for people to leave honest swap feedback, to be sure all swaps are fair. Perhaps it would help having some level of anonymity so there are no hard feelings, since I'm sure swaps can be subjective.
  • careybcareyb Posts: 1,596Member
    @wldflowur13 I took a look at your list and like a couple of the bags you have listed. Alas I only have a mini beauty blender from your follows though. lol If I have anything listed that might interest you let me know!
  • rachelp22rachelp22 Posts: 7Member
    How long do we need to be waitlisted I fell in love with a black kimono from a happy rebel box I know need it!!
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 3,063Member
    edited February 9
    @missycat928 great points all around. I find myself on the blog less and less because there is so much stuff. I find I miss a lot of things I'd like to know about.
  • JenaiJenai Posts: 278Member
    I read the blog more than I use the swap feature, although not as avidly once I actually signed up for the boxes I decided on.
  • nelliebelle1197nelliebelle1197 Posts: 3,063Member
    I think it boils down to the fact that we all use this site slightly differently but that we all feel the features can be mutually beneficial to all of us and to MSA as a business.
  • MariaNGMariaNG Posts: 2,084Member
    @wldflowur13 I feel your pain though I only have one purse left. I will swap it for followed skincare.