Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FOUND!! Thank you, all! Derek Lam 10 Crosby Fragrance Collection

bunneebunnee Posts: 740Member
edited March 13 in POPSUGAR Must Have
So I swapped for this set to make a swap work and did not realize there is a set of large vials and a set of sample vials. I just swapped it on to someone else, and they were expecting the large vials. Whoever swapped it to me I know valued it at $95, like everyone else on the swap site, but the reality is evidently it is not worth that? Does anyone have the large vials I can swap or buy outright so I can make my swap right? I feel terrible - my swap partner was very sweet and was planning on gifting the set. TIA - I really appreciate it! I am going to cross post this on the ISO thread, too.
Post edited by bunnee on

• SMZSMZ Posts: 1,925Member
    @bunnee I have the Derek Lam set from Popsugar. I didn’t know there were different sizes?
  • lisag1977lisag1977 Posts: 185Member
    @bunnee there is a large set for 95.00 that was in the Popsugar CFDA box and a sample vial set for 35.00. Sephora has the 95.00 one if you can't find it for swap. Whoever swapped you the wrong one was obviously confused.
  • SMZSMZ Posts: 1,925Member
    The one from Popsugar says 10 x 7.5ml / .25 oz
    @SMZ yes they are large rollerball size but spray tops. The other one is 10x 2ml. I have both.
  • lisaychuanglisaychuang Posts: 189Member
    The Sephora set is 0.17 oz/ 5 mL each, so it seems like there's 3 sizes for this set? mini vials at 2.5ml, Sephora's at 5ml, and PSMH at 7.5ml
    The big top one is from Popsugar the smaller bottom one was a free gift with purchase at Sephora awhile back.
  • lisaychuanglisaychuang Posts: 189Member
    I don't see the sizing listed on PSMH review or spoilers, and the links provided link to Sephora website so it should just be 0.17 oz/ 5 mL per vial...
    @lisaychuang No they are 7.5ml per vial.
    Someone may have gotten the smaller one as a free gwp and assumed it was the same one as Popsugar was.
    Sounds like there's a small,medium and large lol the one from Popsugar is 1,000% 7.5ml each.
  • janeyjaney Posts: 348Member
    @lisaychuang Sephora used to sell the larger ones as well, but not anymore. The correct PopSugar ones are the 7.5ml. @bunnee I'm sorry that you were swapped the wrong size or told the incorrect value :(
    if it's not a match, it's not a match. no biggie B)
    swap profile
    Totally agree. I hope it was a mistake but that's kinda shady.
  • deliriumdelirium Posts: 46Member
    I picked up a set on clearance at Marshall's for $12 the other day and I'm pretty sure it was the same as the PSMH one since I had gotten it from them, as well. So it might be worth checking if you have that or a TJ Maxx? I had no idea there were the smaller sizes, either. :/
  • KnitrexKnitrex Posts: 146Member
    Oh no! I totally thought they were the same set too. If I'd gotten that PopSugar box I could totally see confusing the GWP Sephora samples with the PopSugar set.

I see the 95.00 value set for sale at Sephora for $75.00. The vials are .17 oz each.
  • SneakertreeSneakertree Posts: 850Member
    @Knitrex Common really.... as cute as the sephora GWP sometimes are they are never $95 nice. Plus if you're trying to swap away your GWP you really should triple check that you won't get caught and that you are offering the exact same brand/size/company etc. Like I had sephora GWP samples mixed in with my Play samples before I got on the swap site but I always triple checked on the blog that it was the exact same ones I was listing. I'm sorry I don't have perfume @bunnee I hope you can work it out with both swappers. Maybe have the person that sent you the samples get the actual $95 set and have it sent to the person you swapped with?
  • AACAAC Posts: 1,168Member
    @bunnee I have the large one unlisted brand new. I was going to keep it for myself, but if you desperately need it, PM me and I can list it for swap.
    Ask me for my swap profile. :#
  • BrandiMBrandiM Posts: 19Member
    I have the full size perfume set from PopSugar listed. I have been trying to swap it for the teal Mer Sea wrap. You don’t happen to have that for swap, do you?
  • cleegiantscleegiants Posts: 2,089Member
    @brandim @bunnee i have a teal mer sea wrap if we wanted to do a 3-way swap.

Would love those pretty green earrings :) is that rv on the earrings right though? It seems low.
  • BrandiMBrandiM Posts: 19Member
    @cleegiants @bunnee That could work! My swap ID is in my profile if you are interested.
  • bunneebunnee Posts: 740Member
    @BrandiM @cleegiants @AAC - Crisis averted, all - I was able to swap for the correct set! Thank you so much to everyone for all your help. I do not think it was intentional on the part of the original swapper, like me, I think she was just going by what all the other listings said. I did not even think to open it and look!
    glad it worked out @bunnee!
    @brandim i am open to swapping the teal wrap if you are still interested. I saw you had a lot of beauty on your list - let me know if you have anything from my follows!
  • KnitrexKnitrex Posts: 146Member
    @Sneakertree this is a really good reminder actually. I've been stressing because all my extras are mixed in together and I'm worried about swapping non-sub items.
    I'm really bad at checking sizes, so thank you!!
  • michelle_curtissmichelle_curtiss Posts: 1Member
    edited March 14
    The same thing happened to me. I ended up with the sample size and traded for $95 value but thought I must've been mistaken. The gal I swapped with was really sweet so I'm just going to try and swap again. Now I know to confirm sizes every time. Thank You!
    Post edited by michelle_curtiss on
  • SaraSara Posts: 4,799Member
    There seem to be quite a few of the smaller ones listed, and some people seem to think they are worth $95. Hard to know from the listings whether people picked up other people's size, or value!
    I would love to swap- ask me for my profile!
  • careybcareyb Posts: 1,649Member
    I have had multiples of both of the perfume sets and swapped them. The smaller set actually has a separate listing and I think the RV there was $45?
  • paigepaige Posts: 475Member
    I have 5 of the larger ones that I have sprayed a few times that don't work for me - Blackout, Silent St, Something Wild, Ellipsis and 2 am Kiss. The ones I like are Looking Glass, Drunk on Youth, Hi Fi, Afloat, & Rain Day. If anyone is the opposite & wants to swap, please shoot me a PM.