The goal of the MSA forum is to create a place where community members can celebrate their shared subscription addiction. MSA aims to foster an inclusive atmosphere of kindness, generosity, curiosity, and exploration where everyone feels welcome. Whether users have been exploring their love of subscriptions for years or are just beginning their sub box journey, the MSA forum is a place to engage with fellow subscription addicts and celebrate the great wide world of subscriptions.
In the effort of keeping the MSA forum a safe, fun, and positive space, the following community guidelines have been developed to set expectations, outline what’s allowed, and limit friction. Questions about any of the rules? Feel free to reach out to the moderation team at any time for clarification or support.
Thank you for reading!
- Be civil and polite. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Be cool.
- No personal attacks or trolling. Do not harass specific users or engage in hostile arguments.
- No hate speech. Language that is offensive, racist, bigoted, homophobic, misogynistic, etc. will not be tolerated.
- No spamming. Multiple unsolicited messages (spam) sent for the purpose of advertising, proselytizing, phishing, or simply being obnoxious are not allowed.
- Keep things PG-13. Cursing, foul language, and nudity are not allowed.
- Promote quality discussion. Do not aggressively attack any brand, comment, or idea or make unhelpful, biased statements. (Example: “That subscription box sucks, it’s stupid and anyone who likes it is dumb!”)
- No business promotion. This is not a place to advertise; however, brands may be allowed to participate in certain circumstances at the discretion of MSA as long as they disclose their affiliation. If you are a brand representative and have questions or would like permission to post, get in touch here.
- Do not post outside affiliate links. The only permitted affiliate links are those owned by MSA. You are welcome to link directly to any subscription box, news article, or product, but non-MSA affiliate links will be removed and repeated activity may be met with a ban.
- Do not drive traffic elsewhere. Promoting or endorsing other blogs, forums, or websites with the goal of migrating conversation or harvesting users is prohibited.
- No self-promotion. You are welcome to link to your own project, blog, and/or social media account in your user profile, but keep personal links out of posts and comments.
- Flag or report prohibited content. If you encounter content that is offensive, disallowed, illegal, inappropriate, profane, or otherwise prohibited, please report it to the moderation team immediately.
- Respect the mods. Moderation decisions are informed by these community guidelines, and mods have the power to limit content from any user or individual who is destructive to the greater community. Please remember the moderation team volunteers their time to help make this community great. If you have questions or concerns about moderation, you can get in touch here.
- All posted content should pass the PG-13 test. Do not post or link to material of a pornographic, violent, graphic, or otherwise offensive nature.
- No politics.
- Posts, titles, and comments should be in English.
- The MSA forum is not a place for the public to buy and sell. Sales posts, purchase inquiries, advertisements, and product solicitations are not allowed either in the public form or via private message.
- Topics referencing other subscription box review sites are not permitted.
- No doxxing. Do not post personal information (email, phone number, address, etc.) belonging to yourself or other users.
- Posting non-MSA affiliate or referral links is not allowed.
- Observe all copyright laws, terms of service, and non-disclosure agreements. If material under copyright does not belong to you, always credit the original author. Do not post comments or messages that violate federal, state, or local law, including but not limited to, anything that violates copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by a non-disclosure agreement.
- DO link to the relevant MSA brand page, directory listing, or post when discussing a brand, coupon, review, or spoiler
- DO NOT link to or promote other online groups or forums.
- DO NOT link to other subscription box review sites.
- DO share personal links (blogs, social media, and websites) in your profile.
- DO NOT share personal links in posts and comments.
- DO NOT post non-MSA affiliate or referral links.
- DO credit the author of a blog post or story by linking to the original image, info, or article.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. Replying encourages bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
- Trades and/or exchanges of merchandise initiated or discussed on the MSA forum are conducted at the sole risk of the parties involved. Neither My Subscription Addiction nor its sponsors, affiliates, merchants, etc. are a party to any such transaction nor are they responsible in any way for problems that may arise in connection with any such activities.
- Users are solely responsible for ensuring that all exchanges are legal and comply with all applicable laws and regulations in both the sending and receiving locations.
- Any and all taxes, customs charges, or similar fees or duties that arise out of a trade initiated on the MSA community forum are the sole responsibility of the parties to the transaction.
- Sales of merchandise and/or exchange of money on the MSA forum is not permitted in any way.
- Proposed trade or sale of prescription items, homemade cosmetics, weapons, non-subscription box items, or any illegal or potentially illegal products is strictly prohibited.
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, shoot us an email or contact us via the staff page.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.
Breaking any of the forum rules may result in a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges and/or the deletion of your user account. My Subscription Addiction reserves the right to ban anyone, at any time, for any reason. Messages posted in the forum are regularly reviewed by administrators and moderators, and any posts or comments that are in violation of the rules will be deleted. MSA reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any comment or post for any reason and without prior notice or explanation.
MSA and its representatives do not take responsibility for content posted in the forum or the authenticity of forum users and will not be held liable for any result that comes from the usage of information posted in the forum. MSA and its representatives disclaim any and all liability resulting from the use of any posted information. All opinions and views expressed in the forum are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of My Subscription Addiction and its representatives.
MSA reserves the right to change the rules at any time without warning or notice.
Thank you so much for choosing to spend some of your time on the My Subscription Addiction forum. Whether you’re here to ask for advice on choosing the best meal kit for your picky eaters, connect with fellow style mavens and discover your new favorite clothing rental service, find out what other subscribers received in their latest IPSY Glam Bag, or just chat with like minded subscription addicts, welcome. We created this community to provide a platform for subscription fanpeople of all sorts to come together and connect with one another. We’re so glad you’re here. Have fun, be good to one another, and happy subscribing! MSA