Allure activating canceled accts

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you’ve canceled Allure recently you might wanna check your bank statements. I was charged on the 12th for an August box, even though I canceled and my last box was in May. When I spoked with someone they let me know that they were having technical problems and this happened to other people. So please be on the lookout and check the site if you were charged, since my account was still active.

I never received an email about reactivating (like I have before when I chose to do so) and only saw the charges on my bank site and the email when it shipped this weekend. They did refund me at least. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 Like

I’ve seen a number of posts on Reddit with people who have had issues either having boxes “disappear” (i.e. they had X boxes left in their annual sub, but suddenly their account shows as inactive) or being charged for a box when they had cancelled, or after Allure said they wouldn’t accept PayPal anymore (but then charged PP).

1 Like

Wow, they’ve been such a mess since the upgrade in June! I don’t know what they’re doing over there. I decided I would only order the boxes I liked off of Amazon, so I was really annoyed when I saw this random charge.

IMHO, Allure has really gone downhill over the last couple of years. I loved it when it was $15/box, it was one of my favorite boxes. When they announced the price hike, I jumped on the opportunity to secure an annual subscription at what amounted to about $14/mo IIRC. I figured I liked it at $15/mo, I’d for sure like it at $14/mo so grabbing the annual deal was a no-brainer. Except then things changed (IMHO) and I just wasn’t really enjoying most boxes (in fairness, I was also hitting ridiculous product overload across all my subs, but still…). Ultimately I couldn’t wait for my sub to run out, which took well over a year bc I kept skipping boxes. It finally ran out in March of this year, and I definitely didn’t renew - I figured if a box came along here or there that I liked/wanted, I’d just grab one via Amazon (that hasn’t happened yet, lol). So happily I didn’t have to deal with the whole site “upgrade” and the mess that was.

1 Like