Are there any meal kit recipes you loved so much you made them again?

That’s how I feel about these Blue Apron lettuce cups. Something about the freshness and the savoriness and the tang and the spice just makes this an absolute delight to eat- this is about to become my default “quick” meal because it’s not hard for me to make and I love the end result so much.

At this point I’ve made this 4 or 5 times in the past 6 weeks, and I don’t regret it. I was driving for 7 hours today from San Antonio back home to Louisiana, and I had no idea what I wanted for dinner. As soon as these lettuce cups popped in my mind I knew what I had to do.

1 Like

We did (alternating) Hello Fresh and Blue Apron for a few years, but stopped around 2019. My husband and I are (shameless plug) very good cooks (he more than I), but got a little bored and so used these for inspiration. The good thing about these kinds of boxes, IMHO, is that they’re for almost everybody: folks who don’t know how to boil water to those very comfortable around knives.

So…the recipes we weren’t a huge fan of (or required an expensive speciality ingredient that was for that one dish and didn’t have a long shelf life) got put into the recycling bin right away. We got a huge binder and those clear presentation sheets, and made a “cookbook” with the recipe cards. They fit perfectly in there. In fact, we had to buy another binder for the rest!

It’s really great when we are in a rut (or have changed some eating habits…like a (mostly) vegetarian these days, and a lot of the favorites include meat) to flip through on say, a Sunday, and get inspiration/a quick recipe while making the grocery list out.

One last thing lol: give yourself tons of time to make these recipes. I’ve found that the prep time FAR exceeds what’s on the cards…almost every time.

1 Like