BEAUTY DONATIONS NEEDED- Marshall Fire Victims Event

Hello MSA Friends- Last month there was a devastating fire in northern Colorado. The Marshall Fires destroyed over 1000+ homes and forced families to make-do with what they could carry on their backs. While the fires inflicted physical damage to the community, sometimes the human cost goes underrepresented. Along with those that lost everything, many who’s homes survived have had to deal with severe & toxic smoke damage. Thankfully there have been different community centers and outreaches that have been taking new/used clothing, food, and household items. However, living essentials we take for granted become amplified when access to supplies and services are in short supply……

That is why we are hosting on 3/19 a skincare, makeup, and hair event for victims of this terrible tragedy. Helping a community to regain self-respect and dignity sets the foundation for long term recovery both in mind and body!

THIS IS WHERE WE CAN HELP! I’m am looking for beauty items!! Samples, deluxe minis, full size goodies! Bags, tools etc. ( I will post a list of ideas) I am putting together a community beauty event for the fire victims. This is a special beauty event where the victims can come in, and have an expert guided shopping experience! All for FREE! They will be able to select beauty products including makeup, skincare, hair items, tools etc. to take home with them. We will have artists on hand to help make recommendations, color matches etc. keep things sanitary & fun!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and support this important community event! Any donation will make a huge difference and impact on peoples lives.Together we CAN make a difference!

5 Likes

**BEAUTY NEEDS LIST **

Here is a list of some items we are looking for. Samples, minis, full size! We will take it all! We just ask that all items are new, not swatched/expired.

Please PM me for my address. This is not an MSA Event. We appreciate anything you can spare! Thank you so much!! :heart:

Skincare-
Cleansers
Toners
Moisturizers
Masks
Facial oils
Eye Cream
Serums
Sheet Masks
Sunscreen

Makeup-
Mascara
Brow products
Eyeliner
Eyeshadow- powder, creams, liquid (Palettes)
Tinted Moisturizer/BB Cream/CC Cream
Powders- loose & pressed
Concealer
Blush- cream & powder
Highlighter
Contour/Bronzers
Primers
Setting Sprays
Lip products- balms,glosses,lip liner, lipstick etc

Body Products-
Lotions
Scrubs
Fragrance/Perfume
Bath Bombs
Body Washes
Shower Steamers
Hand/Foot Cream

Hair Care-
Shampoo/ Conditioner
Styling Products
Dry Shampoo
Travel Styling Tools-Hairdryers, Flatirons etc
Hair Accessories- Scrunchies, hair clips etc
Brushes, Combs etc

Accessories/Misc-
Makeup Bags/Ipsy Bags/PouchesTravel Bags
Facial Rollers
Blender Sponges
Makeup Brushes
Manicure Products
Perfume- full size, Minis & Samples
Face Masks/ Under eye patches
Tweezers/Lash Curlers
Lashes

1 Like

Girl, I was able to stuff a ton in a large flat rate. I’m pm you for address. I’m scared to see how much shipping will be from NC. Lol.
Hope this helps a little

5 Likes

@shannonleighcolley This is amazing! Thank you so much! Responded to your message with my address.

3 Likes

@shannonleighcolley You made my jaw drop with this. Truly above and beyond. You all make me smile every day.

3 Likes

@shannonleighcolley is wonderful! :heart:

3 Likes

I just tried to grab an array of smaller stuff from different catering and a few palettes. I didn’t want to send anything too big and not be able to send much. This way it will go hopefully further to more people, albeit some smaller items then others. Some are full size though.

3 Likes

Anything that you could offer honestly is fantastic. Small goodies, big goodies, it’s all useful! I was given $100 donation, and was able to purchase 18 palettes (eyes,cheeks etc) on the mega drop from Boxy Charm. Fingers crossed it arrives in time. :heart: Thanks again so much!

1 Like

Hello MSA Forum Community! I’m so excited!! We have secured a date for our free beauty shopping experience for the Marshall fire victims… Saturday 3/19!! YAY!!

Anything that you have to share would be amazing, and we would be so grateful. We put a list of some ideas in this thread.

2 Likes

That’s great!

2 Likes

Thanks for the couple of private messages I’m getting! Much appreciated! :heart:

2 Likes

@rnotherid Hi Rachelle! Here is some info on the event… I’m collecting and sorting everything, so I will need it before the 3/16… I live in Broomfield…

1 Like

@Caryn I will send a box if you give me the address where it goes.

2 Likes

@ebbgirls Thanks Jody! That is so wonderful! Sending my address now!

1 Like

Broomfield a bit far for drop off but happy to send some things along. Please send mailing address. My friends moved into their house in Boulder a few days before the fire. So grateful their house was spared. Such misery for those impacted. Thank you for doing this.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @shannonleighcolley This is AMAZING!! You’re the best!

1 Like

Hope it helps out a little. Thanks for all you are doing!

1 Like

Thank you! All of these donations big and small make a huge difference. This group is the best!

1 Like

@Caryn How was the event? Successful?

I just wanted to say a quick thank you so much to everyone that helped donate for this event! We served upwards of 189 families and over 300 individuals within a short period of time. It was so successful, and then it was so great that we’re actually doing round two! This time we’re not only offering beauty items, but we will be adding jewelry, handbags & accessories to the mix.This next one will be on April 24th.

I did a little video on Instagram with some of the last event highlights. Here is the link- Login • Instagram

1000 thank you’s to everybody has helped, if you have any accessories etc. do you want to donate, I’m collecting those as well!