Book Corner: What's everyone reading?

I read a ton of library books. I always have about 20 on hold. I just finished The Wish by Nicholas Sparks (sooo good!) and Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty (good too!). Starting Wish You We’re Here by Jodi Picoult now.

2 Likes

I started reading the Wheel of Time over since the show came out and reminded me of them. It will take a while to get through but I am having fun. I haven’t read most of these since the 90’s and early 2000’s.

1 Like

Yeah, The Four Winds was sitting on my shelf since it came out last year (I have so many books I need to read) but I finally felt in the mood for a Kristin Hannah novel so I decided to read it. The story is really good, the characters are very believable. Kristin Hannah is such a good writer.

3 Likes

I just picked up two new books at the library:

This book features an unnamed woman whose ascendant into social media notoriety becomes eye-opening. I love when books tackle the digital/social media experience. I’m anxious to dive in!

This has been marketed as a murder mystery with several unreliable narrators. I love spooky.

I will report back later this week!

2 Likes

I’m reading Wish you were here now. It’s good!

2 Likes

Anyone remember the Shopaholic series? I just found out Sophie Kinsella wrote Christmas Shopaholic and I am laughing my way thru that. I have the The Four Winds next which was the BOTM year pick.

2 Likes

I just started The Guest List… courtesy of a recent swap!

1 Like

I’m re-reading the Court of Thorns and Roses series. Sarah J Maas is my favorite author and she creates the most magical world. I think the crescent city series is my favorite, but I don’t actually know if I can say that when there’s been only one book released so far. The second one comes out next month- I’ve been waiting more than a year.

3 Likes

I’ve read a few books already this month (courtesy of recent swaps and BOTM.) My favorite so far was The Maid. It was a quick, fun whodunnit with a very unique main character. I’d definitely recommend.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, @gadiliki

“The Maid” sounds pretty cool!

I’m glad you found the book club thread too. We’re all going to have a blast together!

Yay for kindred spirits!

I usually have a couple books going at once (nonfiction in the morning, fiction at night, something else during the day). Right now, it’s:

• The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • Wintering
  • The Atlas of Happiness
  • How Much Do I Need to Retire?
2 Likes

Just finished A History of Wild Places and I would recommend it! It was full of interesting twists and unexpected journeys. Though it started slow I found in the end I couldn’t put it down. If you want to consider how you face your fears, choose your path, and consider the essence of who you are… this book might be for you!

3 Likes

I really liked that one too @gnoheatherl! It really kept me engaged from start to finish. What a crazy twist! @pamelaburns2, would love to know what you thought of Wish You Were Here. Definitely interested in reading that one at some point.

1 Like

I would definitely recommend it. As with all of Jodi Pichoults books, there’s a surprising twist!

2 Likes

Is anyone a fan of Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh? I would love to discover more series similar to their writing styles and themes.