Co/review Announcement + Giveaway: Home Chef 📣

Co/review Announcement + Giveaway: Home Chef :mega:

I’m thrilled to announce that our first co/review will be for Home Chef. Read on to learn more about what co/reviews are all about and how to win a free Home Chef box!

What is a co/review?

Co/reviews are community reviews designed especially for the MSA Forum. You can think of them kind of like mini book clubs. In each co/review, we’ll announce in advance the box or brand that will be up for discussion, and we’ll give away some boxes to help fuel the conversation. You’ll find details on how to win the complementary boxes in each co/review announcement post, but regardless of whether or not you win the box giveaway, you’re welcome to join the conversation when the co/review thread goes live.

Want to win a free Home Chef box?

Always wanted to try Home Chef? Well, now’s your chance! We’re giving away two Home Chef boxes ahead of the Home Chef co/review. Each winner will receive a box with 3 meals for 2 people, and you get to pick your recipes!

To enter, simply reply to this thread with your answer to this question:

How do you think meal kits will improve your dinnertime experience, and why are you excited to try Home Chef?

See a response you think deserves to win? Make sure to “like” it so we know it has your vote! We’ll pick the winners on Monday and reach out to confirm meal selection.

Official rules can be found here.

5 Likes

Home delivery meal boxes make my life simpler in many ways. I’m eating balanced dishes rather than what I can pull from my freezer. I get excited to pick meals I wouldn’t normally think of making since getting all the ingredients together is time consuming and expensive. I don’t have to waste leftover ingredients.
Meals developed by chefs increase my knowledge of cooking techniques and usually turn out delicious.
Basically, I love meal boxes!

2 Likes

I think a meal subscription box would help me with dinnertime by allowing me to spend more quality time with my husband, helping me eat healthier, and helping me waste less time each week grocery shopping and coming up with meal ideas. I am a busy graduate student in an accelerated one year master’s program and feel like a meal subscription box would be a great help during this time. I am excited to try Home Chef because of the customization you get and their ability to meet different diet standards. I especially like that you can swap proteins in recipes so I can ensure I will not receive shrimp, which I’m allergic to.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @lramosfreitas and @kbauman101! Thanks for entering the co/review giveaway! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

As a busy working mom, I hardly have time to meal plan, shop for groceries and cook. Having a meal sub like Home Chef would save so much time and make evenings more enjoyable.

2 Likes

Welcome, @calcun !! Excited to have you here :purple_heart:

I love the idea of Home Chef and will have to try it one of these days!

This meal kit would help me get out of a rut. I have been in robot mode. I keep making the same meals. I am so bored. I always cook our meals too. We were a family of 7 and now I have 4 of us here since college started again. These meals would be a much needed spark for me to try and get out of my rut and enjoy cooking again.

3 Likes

I’ve actually never tried a meal subscription box, so it would be very exciting for my husband and I to try one. It would break up the monotony of our current rotation of meals since we eat the same dinner based on the day of the week (for instance, Monday night is turkey hot dogs).

1 Like

Welcome, @linzer_08 ! :heart_eyes:

Mmmm turkey dogs :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’ve never tried a meal kit before, but, these last few weeks, I have been seriously thinking of trying one. After an exhausting breakup last year, I really focused on a self-care routine (more sleep! more yoga! dedicated skin care!). The one thing I haven’t had a chance to focus on is my diet. I work two jobs, so I’m gone six days a week, and when I come home, it is sooo easy just to grab some carbs (cereal! pasta!) and let my teenagers fend for themselves. I unpack produce for one of my jobs, and I’m embarrassed to say that there are hardly any vegetables in my diet! So, a meal kit would be an easy way to get a balanced meal without having to spend time planning and shopping. Home Chef has great customization options, and is one of the plans I have been thinking about signing up for!

3 Likes

I think I would like to try! After years of cooking I am in a rut!

1 Like

What I love about these home delivery meals (apart from convenience) is getting out of your comfort zone whether it be cooking inexperience or trying new dishes or ingredients you might never have tried. I have never tried Home Chef but with other subscriptions, I’ve had happy accidents where i forgot to make my selections in time for the cutoff and ended up loving what i received.

4 Likes

It would help me to cook for myself more confidently. It’s about time I branched out.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @velvetwhip.
My husband is a vegan so we don’t often eat the same meals. I also need to branch out because it is a pain to cook for just myself and if I am uninspired, I eat garbage food.
Angie

1 Like

I think Home Chef will make dinner time less stressful and come together faster. I am excited to try it so I can spend more quality time with my family.

1 Like

I’ve used other meal kits before and they not only saved me time but they also introduced me to new recipes. I still make one fish recipe long after the kit was delivered that my husband loves. I’m excited to try Home Chef especially during the pandemic to vary our family meal options.

1 Like

I enjoy trying new recipes and new cooking techniques. Home Chef would help me by having to grocery shop less and meal plan less.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @crhw52, @amygcip and @klmarsh5!
It is great to have you here.

1 Like