Crafting Corner!

Any crafters out there?

Do you crochet, paint, cross-stitch, quilt, make jewelry…etc?

Let’s talk!!

This is the place to show off pics of your creations!

1 Like

I do more crafts than I can count! From soapmaking to resin to diamond painting to my latest idea: making lip balm!

This is my current project, a beaded tapestry. The first pic is where I am now, the next pic is what the finished project looks like and the last pic is my cat, Gremlin, “helping” me!

The following photos are just a few of my favorite crafts.

7 Likes

@Kate.Kemp, WOW! Your pieces are amazing! The flowered (pointsettias?) one is so pretty. :heart_eyes:
I am not really artistic, but I do spend a lot of time baking. It is my outlet. My dogs like to “help” in the kitchen by waiting for me to drop things and helpfully cleaning the up.

2 Likes

Thank you! Crafts are my outlet too and actually bring pain relief because I get so engrossed in creating something that, often, I forget I’m in pain.

I love how your fur babies “help!” LOL That’s actually a useful service they’re providing! By eating your mistakes, they save mommy from having to bend over (and potentially hurt her back)! That’s love! :wink:

2 Likes

@Kate.Kemp all of your creations are amazing! I wish I was more crafty, my mom has always been super crafty, curating wreaths, flower arrangements so many things.

Your work is beautiful! :hearts:

3 Likes

@Kate.Kemp im seriously impressed. I actually used to love to craft things, but seriously stepped away from it. You are inspiring now!!

2 Likes

Come back to crafting!! It’s a good time of the year to start something new! Something creative!

1 Like

@Kate.Kemp These are beautiful! l love crafting, and I will pretty much try any craft at least once to see if I like it. I mostly do paper crafts, knitting, and crochet now, but I’ve tried jewelry making, stained glass making, pottery, felting, flower design, basket weaving, sewing, embroidery, cross stitch, candle making, bookbinding, paper making, welding, wood carving… I’m gonna stop because this post is getting too long. Point is, I love crafts!

2 Likes

You are sooo talented. Each piece has such character and beauty. Thank you for being an inspiration to dive back in!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @gnoheatherl! Have to echo your comment to @Kate.Kemp-- Kate, your crafting skills are seriously impressive!

Random question: has anyone ever tried arm weaving one of those jumbo stitch blankets? I’ve always wanted to try it, but I’m hesitant to go for it because the materials aren’t cheap and I’m worried I’ll end up with a giant mess of tangled yarn.

The type of blanket in question:

My fear:
cat_tangle

5 Likes

@Lindsey-MSA how did you find that picture of me with yarn?:sob:

5 Likes

tumblr_mvoc5dctpJ1slj24go1_400

1 Like

Thank you so much! And welcome @gnoheatherl !

@Renee please please share some pictures! You do even more crafts that I do!

I created this post for EVERYONE to show their work and love of crafting!

@gnoheatherl she is inspiring, I agree!

1 Like

I love any type of warm, cozy blanket so I am excited to see how this turns out Lindsey!!

2 Likes

Where do you get your resin? I played with it a bit in college props class and loved working with it but haven’t gotten back into it.

@Katie.Kemp thanks!! I’m apparently cut off on replies for the day and I have to wait 21 hours before I can post again :sob: but they’ll still let me edit! I will def look into their box! And I would want to start with UV as well! It was easy to walk away from stuff when class ended in college, but at home I don’t have the patience either!

2 Likes

I use UV resin. I’m way too impatient for the regular stuff! LOL And I just buy it on Amazon! Most UV resin comes from Japan and it’s very fun to play with.

Welcome to the forums, by the way, @comedytragedy !!

2 Likes

Did you know there are resin subscription boxes?? I used to sub to “Sophie & Toffee” -Elves box. Every month they have a different theme and send you everything you need for a couple of projects. They also have an officially licensed Disney box.

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite craft subs Project Home DIY

3 Likes