Crafting Corner!

This is so pretty! Did you paint it yourself?

I’m curious about craft subscriptions. Do you get spoilers so you can skip next month?

1 Like

Thank you. Yes I did. They do post spoilers but you don’t see the full project in advance. Once everyone gets their projects, there is a Facebook page where people post their finished projects and people are really creative what they do with it, different colors and versions. I love this sub but confetti grace and saltwater crafts are also good ones. I love the crafts subs because they are so relaxing to do!

3 Likes

Oh I like the idea of a Facebook group! A great way to get ideas and a sense of community!!

I taught myself how to do it a few years ago by watching youtube tutorials. It’s pretty easy and doesn’t take that long to do. It is some trial and error on how big of a blanket and how tight you prefer your ‘knots’. Some things to be aware of is that a few of the brands tend to unravel or disintegrate a little so do research on the yarn.

3 Likes

That’s gorgeous! Did you use bernat blanket yarn?

thank you! yes, it is Bernat Big Blanket. So far it’s my favorite. It’s soft and heavy in the good way. I have some Loops & Threads Chunkt Twist yarn that I’m gonna try next

1 Like

Is that the kind that has loops in it that you kind of twist together by hand? My mom loves that stuff!

1 Like

No, but that sounds interesting. I’d love to no more about that.

2 Likes

This is the yarn I thought you were taking about. It’s for hand crochet. It has loops and you just loop it with itself.

@Lindsey-MSA this is something you might want to try if you want an easy way to make a blanket by hand.

HERE is where you can buy it.

1 Like

Me contemplating this yarn:

confused

I’m not sure I’m ready to graduate to crocheting just yet… :joy:

2 Likes

ahhhh, I love this. :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :sparkler: :firecracker: I’m gonna have to check this out! I’ve just been using regular Bernat Big Blanket yarn and arm knitting.

1 Like

I FINALLY finished my last beaded tapestry. I’ll post pics once its framed. Now onto a mermaid! So far I’ve only done some pearls on her crown.

Anyone else crafting?

3 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

I love crafting. They call us MAKERS now. I love it. I do everything except knit and crotchet. my mother taught me how but I just did not enjoy it. I will post some pics soon.

1 Like

Do you have any crafting subs? I looked at one for adults that looked good but I have so many works in progress ! I don’t think a sub would be good right now. Annie’s kit club is offering your first kit free- Just pay shipping as it is National Crafting Month

1 Like

I made this wreath last year I think I will hang it up again this year. I had thaqt little blue bird in my stash so I made him a house out of cardboard and his perch is a cut off popsicle stick. If you zoom in you might find my praying mantis .

2 Likes

This wreath is absolutely STUNNING!!

Have you been to any Pinterest conventions? They’re a lot of fun!

1 Like

I have never been to a Pinterest Convention. I go to the site almost everyday. and I post a lot of pics of things I find for sale that I would like to make someday.

They now have Pinner’s Conferences in 8 states! I’ve been to 3 conferences and it’s so fun!

This is a link for my state’s conference:

1 Like

thats me I have 2.2k folowers. I remember how excited I was when I got 100. lol!!

1 Like