Does your pet have a favorite toy?

Does your furry friend have a favorite toy? My Boston Terrier, Olive, loves nestling toys where lots of little squeaky things are stuffed into a larger holder. This one we received from BarkBox may be her favorite of all time. (I like it, too, because it’s so darn cute!)

2 Likes

@Lindsey-MSA Oh my gosh this toy is the cutest!!! So, Wyatt is a super chewer so I have to get him toys that are a bit more durable. I’ve looked into the Bark Box super chewer before but just been reluctant because a lot of toys we’ve used that say there durable have last less than 10 minutes haha.

He loves all toys but likes to disembowel them, take out the squeaker and stuffing then carry the carcass around lol :rofl:

For his birthday I got this Yeti for him, which he LOVES the brand is: Tall Tails

He’s only disemboweled parts of it (and we’ve had it for two months) and he still loves it

2 Likes

What a fun toy!! Despite being pint-sized, Olive used to be a super chewer. She’s an old lady now, and doesn’t have that many teeth left, so the soft toys are best these days.

1 Like

My dogs’ toy repertoire is limited due to their innate ability to destroy any typical stuffed toy in approx. 15 seconds. A long time ago I subscribed to Barkbox but I would give them a toy and end up vacuuming fluff a minute later. :roll_eyes:

Thankfully we discovered Fluff & Tuff toys. I avoid the ones with tiny appendages but otherwise they hold up to my guys, which is no small feat. They are on the expensive side, but I have toys that are years old, so totally worth it.

My guys also love these fuzzy balls (which also hold up to them):

2 Likes

@Sherri, this would be ideal for Wyatt. I don’t think I have one toy that has lasted a few months, let alone a year; that’s amazing! For something like that, an additional cost seems worth it to me.

1 Like

@April-MSA - the fuzzy ball was an Amazon purchase - here’s the link ($7.50 right now which is a good deal). The Fluff & Tuff toys are our favorites, however, and they are in the $15-$20 range for a bigger toy, so more than a $5 toy from PetSmart, but not crazy expensive.

2 Likes

Thank you thank you! :heart:

Goose loves toys. All of them. the small ones he can bat around, the big ones he can hold with his front paws and kick with his back legs, the fishing pole toys, the ribbons (I tied all of the ribbons from my massive lush haul together and he has been having fun with that), the crinkle balls.
But Goose, my handsome boy, has also decided that my clothes are toys and will CHEW HOLES INTO MY FAVORITE CLOTHES. I don’t know if this is an anxiety thing (I noticed this first started when we came back from a trip that got extended due to Hurricane Ida stranding us), if he needs more toys, or if he just really likes the texture of my softest lounge clothes. But no clothes are safe from him (and yet all of the blankets are fine???)

4 Likes

My cat’s favorite toys were scrunchies, especially big velvet ones!

My dog has never really been into toys, he has a bunch but when he was little he would occasionally play with, but the only thing he liked was chewing plastic bottles :woman_facepalming: thankfully he outgrew that but we had to keep a close eye on the recycling bin for a few years

2 Likes

Heres my boy CJ. He’s a very instinctive alpha male. He loves his swinging sausage on a string that’s connected to a hanger you hang in a doorway. He loves to jump at it, making it swing, as he then continuously attacks it. He goes so hard that sometimes I can hear his loud, heavy breath as he’s getting ready to pounce at it again! The original stuffed sausage was ruined after 2 days of him constantly going at it so we kept using the string hanging to tie other soft toys at, the string getting a bit shorter each time. Funny thing is I received this item in a subscription box! Thanks to the KitNIpBox, I found my boys favorite toy! I need to purchase him a new one! Does anyone know if you can repurchase the items in their boxes ?

1 Like

My 3 cats have most every type of toy imaginable. They are rotten. Ones favorite since a kitten (born in 2016) has been beauty blenders. She steals them. Batts them around, Carrie’s them and drops them in her water bowl!
A love for all 3 are laser lights. They could be entertained forever chasing the light, if I didn’t get tired of waving it around! My youngest favorite is a kicker toy. She is hilarious carrying it around in her mouth everywhere she goes. She jumps onto the top of cabinets with it, brings it to bed, they are in the kitchen, it’s funny. We had to buy multiples. There’s an orange fox. For some reason that’s her most loved even though they are really almost identical. The other two are raccoons blue and purple.

1 Like

My dogs favorite is her wubby…

2 Likes

@blairbrakefield :sob::sob::sob: I read “alpha male who loves swinging his sausage” and didn’t realize that the sentence wasn’t finished and we were in fact talking about a toy.

2 Likes

I just laughed so hard I snorted!! :joy:

2 Likes

Lolol. Hey hey now. So funny. I didn’t even think like that when I was typing it, but definitely gave me a good laugh. But every bit of what i said is so true. This was him as a baby …

2 Likes

Awwwwww… so so cute!!!