Feedback Requested: User Profiles

We’re trying to collect some info about how people are using their MSA user profiles. (This is your profile on MSA’s main site, not your forum profile.) Do you use it to keep track of your subscriptions? Do you add boxes to your “wish list”? Is there anything else you’d like to be able to do with your profile?

We’re all ears! :ear:

1 Like

Hmmm so I think it’s important to distinguish between MSA site profile and Swap profile. It’s a little confusing(?) as both are different. The swap profile is what shows up under all the swap items, and the MSA site profile is the one that you described. I very very rarely use the site profile because I actually don’t know where I can see someone else’s profile, so I figure no one will see it. I update my swap profile almost daily (with a date) so that it serves as a notice that I am active. Maybe you could add a feature on swap profiles like “last seen on date/time” so I can save a few characters :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes! Just to be clear, the question is about MSA site profiles, but if there’s any feedback about swaps profiles, I’m happy for people to send that my way, too. :slight_smile:

I do not use the site profile either. I did when I first set up my account back in the day but not now.

2 Likes

I guess I thought they were one and the same. On the swap profile, can’t you add boxes to your wish lists too? I don’t know, I find the swap profile a bit challenging to navigate. I can never seem to find where to update my mailing address, bio, etc. I just click around a bunch till I find them. lol. But as far as other members being able to see your profile on the MSA site, I’d be curious what the benefit of that would be.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t use my site profile. At one point I went in and poked around and added boxes I sub to somewhere in there lol, and I think I get notifications based on that list? But I haven’t looked at it in forever.

Wrong answer? :thinking:

1 Like

Nope, not a wrong answer at all! It’s all helpful. Thank you for being honest that you’re not currently using it.

I do not use it either.

I don’t use it, other than to login :slight_smile:

I don’t use it either. I echo those who said they don’t even know how to view another user’s profile. It just didn’t seem important so I don’t really mess with it.

3 Likes

I use the profile. I have trouble figuring out how to add boxes to my wish list and finding the “on vacation mode”. I just don’t find it easy to use. I like to keep track of my subscriptions too.

I rarely use the wishlist portion of my profile… I had thought the swap profile was an MSA profile…

Yes, “on vacation” mode is super hard to find.

1 Like

:100: agree
I don’t even know if I knew site profiles were a thing, I just check the site and see what’s new and occasionally comment on the bottom of a post.
I’m not a swapper either, so I think forum is my first and only account with MSA

1 Like

Go to “My Swaps” (drop down from your user icon at the upper right) → In the left-hand column, select “Edit Profile” → scroll down to “Mark yourself as ‘On Vacation’”

HTH.

1 Like

Thanks!