I’m working on a top 10 list- care to help me out?

I have two content ideas in the works, and both of them are “top 10” lists similar to this top 10 list I did of my favorite 2021 subscription box finds.

Only instead of being from last year, I’m working on a top ten all time in two different categories- eyeshadows, and lip balm/lip mask/ lip treatment (not lipsticks or lip gloss). When I work on these lists it includes boxes I’ve reviewed, but also boxes that I’ve personally purchased and received- anything sent in a subscription box is fair game. Since that’s a lot of memories for me to sift through, I was curious about what y’all’s favorites in those categories would be (and maybe it would trigger my own memories :slightly_smiling_face:)

I’d love to know y’all’s thoughts! If you guys hate these concepts, please tell me so I know I’m not working on things y’all don’t like to read. And if you guys have different top 10 lists you’d like to see, let me know that too!

1 Like

Do the Sephora Favorites kits count? (Since you do review some of them?) I discovered one of my HG lip balms in one of those - the Pat McGrath Lip Fetish balm in clear (it was in a Sephora Favorites kits I think a couple of years ago). It’s an awesome basic balm - I personally am not the biggest fan of balms that are waxy, or ones that I need a finger to apply, so this one is perfect. Plus, I mean, the packaging! I actually just picked up a few via the PMG website - they were (and still are) an “Xclusive” offer at $14 each (normally $36), so I stocked up.

Hi Sherri!
Yes, the sephora favorites count :slight_smile: I actually already have a PMG lip balm on my list, though I think it’s a different one- it’s a balm that gives my lips a hint of color (comes in a white tube) and is so so pretty!

It may very well be the same one - it comes in different shades besides clear, that (from what I understand) give a wash of color. Mine is in a white tube too - with the gold lips!

1 Like

Wow. That’s a good question. Hmmmm

1 Like

The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is my fav and I know it was in an Allure box years ago. I still buy it myself after getting it.

2 Likes

Yes! That’s a good one and I’ve bought it too.

Feel free to think on it and come back :slight_smile:

@Jessica-MSA I just stumbled across NCLA lip balms in a jar. Have you ever tried those? My cart is filling up. lol Not sure if I should take the plunge?

I’ve actually never tried them! I know a friend likes their lip scrubs but I don’t have personal experience with them.

I love Top 10 lists and anything you write, Jessica! :slight_smile:

My contribution is … the Three Ships Hydrating Lip Kit that came in Causebox/Alltrue uh… sometime last year? And I saw they have it again, but I cancelled right before they changed their branding so I don’t always pay attention to their spoilers. ANYWAY. I don’t think the lip kit is a miracle worker by any means, but it SMELLS. AND. TASTES. SO. GOOD. Like birthday cake! Honestly, when I do the sugar scrub step, I let it sit and kind of melt on my lips for a couple of minutes, then rub my lips together, which lets me get a little taste before rinsing it off! I know this is probably gross …

As an actual treatment, I think it does a fine job. Nothing life-changing IMO, except for that sugary sweet flavah.

1 Like

Thank you for saying that, Amy! I’m trying to think of more content ideas :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like