Introduce yourself!

@Caryn I love Mr. B! My best friend had a Beta fish all through college, that she would “take him home” on the weekends and transport him in a big gulp cup (with the appropriate fishy supplies of course) he lived for almost seven years, his name was Skrimp :rofl:

Aw, Wyatt appreciates the love and yes, he wants you to know that the party never stops lol :joy: :heart:

2 Likes

@angelatrupo I love that you share the mutual love for flannel, Nirvana oh man and the Cure has the power to make me get misty!

Did you get to watch that Hulu series Little Fires Everywhere by chance?? Takes place in the 90s and the soundtrack is awesome! There’s a few covers of the Cure, the one for “Pictures of You” is one of my favs! :heart: @Kate.Kemp @Samantha-MSA have 90s love too! We can start a support group :star_struck:

2 Likes

@April-MSA Thats such a long time for a beta to live! He was living his best life! We need to see some Wyatt videos in the future!!

1 Like

Oooo good question! It’s hard to choose a favorite, but I love making biscuits and scones. There’s something about the process I find genuinely relaxing. Flavor-wise, some of my favorites are Bacon & Date Scones, Apricot & Chèvre Biscuits, and English Scones, made with heavy cream. I also really love making homemade spreads like Raspberry & Rose Jam and Lemon Curd. :smiley:

It’s very cool that you studied pastry arts! What are some of your signature baked goods?

3 Likes

YUM! Bacon and dates sounds like a match made in heaven.
I am a big fan of making custards, especially lemon curd. Like you with biscuits/scones, it is the process that is relaxing. I also love creaming butter and sugar, so cakes and cookies are really fun to make. The best part of baking is the structure and order of ingredients - like a huge chemistry experiment.
Some of my favorite treats to make are Bourbon and Rosemary coffee cake and Almond Dried Cherry bars. Both are recipes I got in school.

3 Likes

Bourbon and Rosemary Coffee Cake sounds insanely delicious. Kinda wish a had a piece of that right now, not gonna lie! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Beth (aka LBB) in Oregon. I joined MSA in 2014 and was a member of the “old forum” back in the day (although I lurked more often than I posted). I still have some subscriptions, but my subscriptions and swapping have tapered off over the years. I still love the surprise, convenience and value of subscription boxes and am excited about the new Sunset Magazine Subscription Box (Xmas gift to self). I’ve been getting the GQ box for my son for a few years (also a hit) and my daughter receives the Wondery subscription box and Pura Vida jewelry subscription. Looking forward to the new forum and the wealth of experience and knowledge of MSA subscribers and all things subscription-related. Happy New Year everyone!

7 Likes

It’s nice to meet you, @beth_bagley! Welcome!!

1 Like

I’m Pam! I’ve been an MSA member since 2014 I believe. I have really missed the forum to get ideas, advice and meet people. I’m addicted to subscription boxes. My favorites are usually the smaller lifestyle and handcrafted subs. I’m more about presentation than value. I do tend to often just get one box if I see spoilers I like but the subs I seem to stick to or keep going back to are book subs, home decor, crafts and Bath Bevy.

8 Likes

Hello @beth_bagley !! We are happy you are here :partying_face:

I’m going to have to remember to ask you about the Pura Vida sub, I’ve been eyeing it for myself :blush:

2 Likes

Hello @pamelaburns2 !! :star_struck: Thrilled you are here!

I’m big on discovering new ideas, tips, and tricks, all the things :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

I’m Kristin and have been on MSA since 2015 and swapping since 2016. I was on the original forum and so happy to see it back! I work in healthcare, corporate office, in patient experience. I love getting mail so subs are a perfect match. I have pared down over the years and now average around 5. Also mom to 3 kitties, two boys and a girl.

7 Likes

I’m Jen/PenguinPrincess :penguin: :princess: and happy to see the forum come back. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome, @Kristin !! Excited to have you here!

:partying_face:

Come on in, take a look around, and if you feel like comfortable sharing (no pressure!) we’d love to see your kitty fam! :cat2: :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Hello, @PenguinPrincess! :star_struck:

We are so happy you are here, and please let us know what you think! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you @April-MSA I’m happy to be back. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’re so glad you’re here!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome everyone!!

It’s super exciting as traffic picks up on here!
:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

welcome @PenguinPrincess, @Kristin, @pamelaburns2, @beth_bagley! So excited you could join the chatter!!!

6 Likes

I could use a '90s support group! It’s been more than 2 decades and I still haven’t moved on. :grimacing:

5 Likes