Introduce yourself!

Welcome, @jnd6 ! I just started RTR myself, and I keep thinking why didn’t I do this sooner?!

Excited you are here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Caryn, It is the tint. I love it for a few reasons:

1. It comes in many pale shades. My skin is really pale and it is hard to find something that isn’t orange on me.
  2. It doesn’t feel like I’m wearing makeup but my skin looks smooth. I am a makeup noobie (oily skin my entire life made it hard to find something that stayed on and didn’t break me out) and I am not used to having something on my face that feels cakey.
  3. It is hydrating - which I suddenly need since I started a prescription retinol treatment, BTW, I am also using lotion on my face for the first time in my life!
  4. It is forgiving if you do a bad job putting it on. :rofl:
3 Likes

Hi @Caryn, I really just stumbled across this subscription by accident. I was a longtime subscriber to Sunset Magazine, but it went digital only last year. It is a quarterly subscription for $69.99 + shipping or $59.99 + shipping if you pre-pay for an annual subscription. I received their first ever box for Winter and it included some fancy recycled fabric napkins, fancy olive oil (for dipping and drizzling), a small tin of Jacobsen sea salt, some chocolate, and 4 stemless wineglasses. This is what I remember off the top of my head anyway! We used the wine glasses last night and they were a nice weight and size. I haven’t tried out the other items yet and thought the napkins would be a good hostess gift next time I go to a party (if that ever happens again). I’ll try to post the link.

2 Likes

Thanks, @April-MSA ! Right? RTR has been great for work (back to remote for now) and for keeping me from accumulating too much. Plus it’s fun to try something I normally wouldn’t buy. I’ve surprised myself quite a bit with some pieces. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@angelatrupo @jnd6, I miss Avenue A by Adidas like and old boyfriend I can’t quit! I still use my Stella McCartney gym bag all of the time. I started subscribing with their second box, and I’m just grateful for the time we had together, lol. And PSMH—that was the best. Nothing compares!

4 Likes

Hello @Caryn ! I believe we met on the forum a few years back☺️ I lived in Waterford county, but spent time throughout the South. The beaches are amazing and Cork is my favorite city in the country. Where did you travel?

3 Likes

@irishmatnurse We flew into Dublin… took the train to Galway, Stated at Ashford Castle,Rented a cottage for a week in Connemara. It was amazing! You are right! I think we have met in the old forum/swap world! :slightly_smiling_face: What is your favorite place in Ireland?

1 Like

That looks amazing @beth_bagley what level are you subscribing to?

1 Like

@Caryn Cork city is my favorite place to spend a day. Patrick street is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon, it is a small and safe city, extremely walkable, and full of history. I’m not sure that there is a place that doesn’t have its own beauty. It sounds like your trip was absolutely fabulous!

1 Like

@Caryn, I’m subscribing to the Best of the West Sunset Box (not the premium). I think the next box (Spring) is supposed to be gardening themed.

4 Likes

@beth_bagley Gardening is a fave of mine… dang it. Lol

1 Like

@Caryn, I’m not a gardener, but that vegan husband of mine is! Maybe I can get MSA to include the Sunset Box for swaps.

3 Likes

@beth_bagley that would be a fun review!

1 Like

I had never heard of this box until now! I just did the google :female_detective:

This is perfect for my parent’s anniversary! Thank you for mentioning it :heart:

@Caryn let me know if you end up getting it to!

Hi, I’m @comedytragedy! I’m a theatrical stage manager, and when the pandemic hit I worked at a bookstore for a year!
I love theater and art history, and I got into makeup doing musicals in middle school.

I’ve been a reader on MSA for quite a few years, Ipsy was my first subscription back in late high school/early college, and I am currently subscribed to FabFitFun, I occasionally subscribe to Boxycharm, Ipsy, Allure and Glossybox. I used to get the odd Causebox but have sworn off Alltrue

I love trying new things and live for a deal, but one of my 2022 goals is to use more of what I have and make more mindful purchases!

4 Likes

@comedytragedy welcome again, fellow Capricorn friend! :heart:

I’m excited to learn more about your theater and art history background. I will also need to pick your brain about those 4 beauty boxes, as I debate which one to get for myself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Boxycharm half off codes (they do them all of the time) are the best value! Less personalized, but usually I find 2-3 items I really like, and some of the filler is solid too. As long as you cancel prior to the first of the month you can often resubscribe with a promo on the same account.

Ipsy I mostly subscribe if I love the bag itself, or whenever they send free months to an old account. Best for trying new things, but not a stellar value. GBP I tried twice and hated both even with picking 3 items, but I have heard they have improved. GBX is of no interest to me personally. At that price point I would rather get FFF and shop their sales.

Allure is rarely worth their new price so far, I’m still limping along my annual from whenever that was that I kept skipping on. The boxes I have gotten have been worth what I paid, but rarely worth $23 or whatever their new price is IMO

Glossybox is tricky, there’s a narrow window to decide between full spoilers and the cancellation cut off (14th of the month). They rarely have two knockouts in a row and are almost never worth full price. But their boxes themselves are great for storage, and they are another one that you can use promo codes to resubscribe each month.

So depending on your budget, interests, and how picky your skin is, Boxy with a promo code would be my recommendation!

And always check out Ipsy and Boxy’s sales that are open to former subscribers (Ipsy it’s almost everything each month except first round add-ons and I think pop-up). Boxy has been in the habit of opening their second week of sales to the public. If you have never had an Ipsy account, it’s worth getting a month just to get the sales.

3 Likes

@comedytragedy I’m so appreciative of this!! I’ve been leaning towards Boxy but find myself (weirdly) trying to convince myself to try the Allure ha :grin: Though I’ve heard consistently throughout the MSA community it’s so hit or miss. I think I have had this huge nostalgia since my late teens as turning to Allure as my #1 makeup review source, and I think maybe I can’t let that go? Even though there are obviously many many other options!

My skin is very picky so I think Boxy is going to be the winner. Thanks again!! :heart:

2 Likes

'59 model here!

1 Like

Carol, I love to create jewelry, too!

1 Like