Ipsy and Boxy Combining?

So, apparently this is the week of internet rumors about sub boxes. A redditor posted the screen shot below - they said they received an email survey from Ipsy and this was at the bottom (Disclaimer: I have no way of verifying that the screen shot is indeed from Ipsy). IF this is true, I don’t know what, if any, impact there will be on regular GB or GBX - I only know what’s in the screen shot. But found it interesting enough to share.

I actually just saw that and am writing up a post about it. Curious what survey that was/if anyone else has taken that survey and seen that news. I know people were talking about seeing Ipsy Refreshments on the Boxycharm site a couple months ago. Interesting.

Yep, and in addition to Refreshments, there have been quite a few Complex Culture (another Ipsy brand) in the BC sales and I think in some boxes too.

1 Like

Ah…so not sure if it’s too huge of a shock, but I do wonder what the effects will be for the other boxes in both brands… and when all this will take place!

I never heard anything. I only get regular glam bag and X. I was considering getting the plus bag but think I will wait and see what this transition means/does if true.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. When Ipsy bought out Boxy originally, they kept assuring everyone that nothing would change for the consumer, that their boxes would still be the same, the companies would still operate independently, yada, yada, yada… Then Ipsy brand products started creeping into Boxy. I mean, from the get-go I figured it was just a matter of time before they did a merger on some level, and I have to think corporate knew that as well… which makes it total BS that they were feeding people the whole “no changes” BS.

I’m not sure how I feel about it but my initial reaction is I don’t like it, leave them separate

2 Likes

I’m strangely ok with this.

As long as I still get to pick 3 items, getting a higher Retail Value with better products sounds good.

2 Likes

@Kate.Kemp i think my fear is the value is going to be meaningless- like the higher value will come from filler products rather than say going from a $30 serum to a $60 serum when both serums are sold at sephora. I get both BoxyCharm and Ipsy PR for my Instagram account where I get a box sent from each company each month, but I still keep my paid GBP subscription because I enjoy it so much. Not sure if that’s something that will continue into the future, but I’ll give them a chance

1 Like