It's Makeup Monday!

Makeup is a huge part of the subscription box world, and this is the place to get into it! New product you’re loving? New shade you’re coveting? Recent haul you’d like to spill about? Tell us about it!!

DamagedSeparateBittern-size_restricted

4 Likes

I’m stealing this theme. I just wrote in a previous post about how I continue to buy makeup even though I don’t wear it. Well, now I have reason to. I think that I can commit to once a week. I’ve managed to limit my makeup-buying to lippies this past year or two (easy on, easy off), but one thing I’ve always wondered is: how do you all eat and drink with lipstick on? Just reapply after or … ?

Mostly I don’t wear makeup because I know I’ll be too lazy to take it off at the end of the day (I’ve even given up plucking my eyebrows, and that wasn’t even a daily commitment! Har har). How do you all do it? Every. Day. Like I said, I think commiting to once a week for me will be fun

3 Likes

Calling all makeup mavens (@Caryn @Jessica-MSA). I need some help over here. I’m looking for a new, classic red lipstick, and I could use some product recommendations. I’m a cool and my skin has yellow to neutral undertones. I’ve been told I should be looking for a blue-ish red. Are there any one-size-fits-all reds that are sure to look good? Or something that might suit my particular tone? Hoping you all can save me from randomly buying a couple of reds and crossing my fingers.

2 Likes

@Lindsey-MSA So what kind of finish are you looking for? Do you want it to be an actual lipstick tube, a balm, liquid, tint or gloss? Matte, sheer, glossy, full coverage? Depending on what kind of texture and finish you’re looking for, we can certainly narrow it down for you!

1 Like

My go-to red is actually the Kylie cosmetics lip kit (liquid lipstick + lip liner) in Mary Jo K.

1 Like

These are great questions! I definitely want something full coverage. Satin or matte finish, and preferably something I can apply once in the evening and not have to touch up too frequently. But the shade is the real motivator for me here. I want a bold, true red. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely post pictures after you pick one out. You’re going to rock that red!

1 Like

I could check out Mac lipsticks. They are classic, they have different finishes and all sorts of red shades… You might like ruby woo or Russian red! If you go to a Mac counter, you can also see the swatches in person & that can make a huge difference… My first choice for you would be to try the iconic ruby woo!

1 Like

Oh Ruby Woo is a very pretty red…

Thanks for this!! No idea where the closest MAC counter is to me, but I’m going to do some research so I can track one down.

2 Likes

So I’m super pumped about Dragun Beauty Lip Job Liner lip corrector liner…here’s my backstory. I got attacked by a stray dog like 7 years ago. It tore my right upper lip off, and ripped the bottom lip. And I’m so fortunate in that I thought to bring my lip with me to the hospital, and the er doc was able to sew it back on. Amazingly it healed very well. And the scaring is not that noticeable considering what the damage was. But I’ve never had a “normal lip line” since. When I got the liner in my boxycharm box I rolled my eyes at first bc I know I can’t wear lip liner. But then I noticed the box said lip CORRECTOR! So I tried it, and omg y’all, it actually gave my lip that definition again :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:I can’t begin to tell you how wonderful it feels to have a “normal” lip again. Thank you Dragun Beauty!

And while I’m so very thankful, I’ll never forget how easy it is to take things as simple as a normal lip line for granted :purple_heart::hugs::pray::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Wow. Thank you for sharing your story. what a scary experience!
It is great to find a product that is simple but works well. :grin:

Hi Jaq, I’m so sorry to hear what you went through but I’m glad you found a product that helps restore your lips.

How does it work? It just looks like a brown lip liner?

Welcome to the forums, by the way! (We just swapped: tarte & Sunday riley LOL)

HI!!

1 Like

That Ruby Woo looks perfect for you!

Not sure if you’re a swapper, but here are some listings for it! Maybe you’ll get lucky!

2 Likes

I really like Charlotte Tilbury’s Walk of No Shame. It’s not too bright or too brick; it’s a classy red. lol I’m wearing it here.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks, Kate! Sadly, I haven’t swapped for anything in AGES. I don’t have much of a haul anymore, so I don’t have a lot to offer up in exchange. I really like the shade, so I may just straight up order it. :blush:

2 Likes

This is a lovely shade, and it looks great on you. (The name also gave me a chuckle.) I’ve actually never tried Charlotte Tilbury before. I’ll have to check it out!

If there isn’t a Mac store near you, try Nordstrom… Some Ulta stores also carry Mac, but that would not be my first choice to go to. The staff isn’t trained the same.

Hey girl. I have several new red lippies if you want to take a peek.

Not sure how you are about swatched ones but I have several smaller red ones sanitized after being swatched on back of my hand. I actually do have a Ruby Woo too but it’s swatched.

Idk why it works so well compared to other liners I’ve tried. The shade is pretty close to the natural lip color, and it gives definition to the lip line. What makes it different from other liners is that it just organically blends in with the lips too. No matter what shade of gloss or lipstick i wear. And I’ve tried a TON of others. It will never be what it was, but it definitely makes it look better and me feel better ab my dace! Adding some pics. The collage with the before and after shows an arch mapping how high up the scar original was. Then shows how long the rip on my bottom lip was. Ps click on the lics to see what it actually looks like :blush: