Let's Talk Glow Recipe

I’m currently obsessed with Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Sleeping Mask. I want to try some of their other stuff. Anyone a fan? Anyone have products they love that I should definitely try?

1 Like

I love Glow Recipe! And of all things, one of my absolute fav products of theirs is the Lip Pop. I have a love-hate relationship with lip balms… I’m pretty picky but obsessed with them, and constantly looking for the next greatest lip balm. The GR Lip Pop is one of my top 2 lip balms right now!

3 Likes

@Sherri, have you tried the Biossance one? It has no flavor (which is boring) but isn’t sticky at all and seems to work!!

2 Likes

Oooo this was not on my radar! I’ll head to the site and take a peek.Thanks for the tip!

interesting-batman

1 Like

I’m still salty they discontinued their watermelon sheet mask because it was a favorite of mine.
I really love their avocado retinol eye cream and avocado retinol sleeping mask, and have also finished the banana soufflé cream + the pink juice moisturizer + the blueberry bounce cleanser + the avocado serum (that’s the one only from them I don’t really recommend). I also have their new plum plump moisturizer that they just launched, but too soon for thoughts on that one.
Sad fact: I got an email about potentially getting their new fruit babies set in exchange for a review (not in relation to MSA). I filled out the online form and a few days later had a FedEx shipping notification from Glow Recipe. I was so freaking stoked. Until it arrived. I did not receive the fruit Babies set; I was FedEx’ed a box of two foil packets of their new moisturizer :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

3 Likes

I’ve heard the pink juice moisturizer is great. It might be next on my list.

Sad about the shipment. I would have been excited, too!

Wait, they spent the money to ship FedEx, (in a box way too large) 2 foil samples??

1 Like

Hence why I was for sure convinced I was getting the fruit babies set even though I do think there was fine print that some people would get foil samples

1 Like

That’s an awfully big box for packets!

1 Like

@Lindsey-MSA have you tried their Niacinamide dew drops? I’m a big fan… https://www.sephora.com/product/glow-recipe-watermelon-glow-niacinamide-dew-drops-P466123?country_switch=us&lang=en&skuId=2404846&om_mmc=ppc-GG_1165716884_53825929860_pla-421222420257_2404846_257731949462_1014452_m&ds_rl=1261471&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn5ez-az5RuV3a3RLUhNY7Uhm9zyTPT7R-U8xIQIH-JlJGXDoFuc0r4aAhLWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

@Caryn
Thank you for this. I got one in boxy but I didn’t know what it did. Now that I read your link, I’m swapping it because I don’t want to glow LOL

3 Likes

Nooo but I am intrigued! I’m all about actives, but I haven’t yet tried niacinamide. :exploding_head:

@Lindsey-MSA I’m a fan of Niacinamide as an ingredient in general… it’s in a lot of beauty products…

2 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking I do reviews similiar to the way you just described it. I work with a few brands that offer me Products in exchange for reviews and Im always SUPER stoked when I see a package on its way too… Glow Recipe is one I’ve been wanting to work with for a hot minute… do you happen to remember how you were able to receive these GR offers/collabs?..did you apply somewhere specific, or message them first to ask to review something specifically, or did they just suddenly reach out, etc? That’s so cool!

…all I’m gonna say is “hey now, I ain’t too proud !.. I’ll take 2 completely free Glow Recipe Sample Foil packets in the whatever kinda mail, snail, FedEx, or otherwise that they feel like sending, any time, day or night! Haha.”

2 Likes

Somehow I missed this post until now. I adore Glow Recipe. I have bought a Pink Juice moisturizers. I like using it when I first get up after a quick face wash, toner and then Pink J. I put sunscreen on later prior to leaving the house. It is perfect for my oily t-zone.
I used a jar of banana souffle cream at night but it went bad after 3 months instead of the 6 it says on jar. That worked great as a last step after my retinol serum.
I used the pore toner all summer and that was great. I like the lip balms as well. I have used the blueberry cleanser and started a second bottle and warning, do not get it in your mouth. The taste is horrible!
The dew drops were to heavy for my skin. I just ordered the new plum moisturizer today so I hope that’s good fit.
Wow. I guess this post I just wrote could say I am a big fan! lol

3 Likes

I just started using my Plum Moisturizer (grabbed it when Sephora had the 20% off sale). I really like it, but I’m still getting used to it. I’m freakishly quirky about how things on my face feel, so I most prefer moisturizers that sink in pretty much instantly. This does not, it does take a few minutes for it to sink in, but I’m managing lol. And it does seem to be very effective at moisturizing. I’m only a few days into use, though, so not a ton of data, but so far so good.

2 Likes

@blairbrakefield I’m sorry I missed this and didn’t respond sooner. I had had applied and then received the new plum plump through an app called Octoly, which I believe shares emails to the brand. They then emailed me with the Google doc to fill out.

@ebbgirls i love the plum moisturizer! It’s going to be even nicer in the warmer months I think.

2 Likes

I used their watermelon sheet mask and my face was so red and sensitive I looked like a lobster for an hour or so. But when it went away I was very dewy and bright, so there’s that I guess lol. I tried that avocado retinol eye cream we got in a box (what box was it again? Box of Style?) and liked it, but it wasn’t that amazing for me.

2 Likes