Link to Swaps, Blog, etc

@Lindsey-MSA I’d love to see if we can somehow link between MSA blog, and swaps via the forum? To clarify, I mean like currently, I would have to open a new window/tab and go to swap.msa.com in order to access it, as opposed to maybe a link somewhere on the forum. Does this make sense - sorry sometimes I know what I’m trying to ask but can’t ask it clearly lol

Maybe like a link to Swaps and to the blog in the hamburger menu where there’s a link to About, FAQ, shortcuts? If possible…

6 Likes

This is a great suggestion, @shar. I don’t think I’m able to adjust this in our admin settings, but I’ll loop in our developer to see if we can make it happen!

3 Likes

This update is live!

5 Likes

I see it! Great update!

1 Like

Adding on here with another forum feature I think would be cool, I would love to see emoji reacts for posts! They don’t replace liking, the screenshot is just my own post (I’m the same on FFF if anyone is over there too!) so I can’t :heart: it
But it’s really handy to engage with a post by dropping a :100: :tada: :joy: etc

1 Like

Hi @comedytragedy. What a fun suggestion! This doesn’t appear to be a standard feature, but there might be a plugin. Let me do some digging and see if I can figure out how to enable the emoji reacts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree I think this is a really smart and convenient idea @shar ! I would love to see this happen in there future too!

1 Like

It’s live! Lindsey posted a screenshot (above) to where you can find the links. They’re to the left of the Hamburger drop down!

2 Likes

@Lindsey-MSA how do I get the yellow “Swapper” logo next to my name? I noticed Angie and Shar have it. I want one!! I’m a very active swapper!

Go to the menu next to your profile picture where you check new listings and unread (up top) and choose groups.

Got it!!! Thank you, @angelatrupo

1 Like

Yes! Glad you found it! I’ll post a quick tutorial today for everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would advise to remove the “swaps” link at the top of the forum as swaps have been sunsetted.

1 Like

But ideally not until after Labor Day weekend. The swap site is open until then (as read-only) to allow people to pull their product info and pictures. Most of the swaps links (from homepage, in your profile menu, etc.) have been removed, and the swap link here is one of the few ways swappers can get to the swap site to be able to retrieve their information.

Leaving the swap link on the forum header is a little misleading. The website should still be accessible as it is (swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com). For those purposes, people should already have it either bookmarked or memorized (although I might be in the minority in this, lol). Because if this was the case, then the link to swaps should be left on the MSA website as well - but that has since been removed, I assume to avoid confusion.

Well, personally I have it bookmarked, but I recall some folks on the forum commenting about how the links on the main page had disappeared and that they couldn’t figure out how to get to the swap site, so I guess not everyone does that. And one person mentioned that they figured it out by accessing the swap site via the link on the forum, which was the basis for my prior comment.

ETA: And as long as we’re talking about removing things, I guess the “Swapper” title on the forum should be deactivated.