• Clarks
  • Skechers
  • Tieks
  • Allbirds
  • Everlane
  • Maragux
  • Other (I’ll share in the comments!)

0 voters

Idk if any of the flats sold by Toms count as ballet flats but Toms are basically all I wear unless I’m in my neon pink Ugg rainboots

1 Like

Yes! Toms definitely counts! Good to know they’re comfy. :slight_smile:

I live in ballet flats! I only wear shoes from Torrid because all of their shoes are WW (& they have half sizes!) and I’m sad to admit I need the WW. LOL

I read that our feet actually grow as we age! I hope this isn’t true!

2 Likes

@Jessica-MSA yes! I was going to say Toms too. Randomly, Michael Kors makes flats for wider feet like mine, and those have been very comfy.

I am very jealous of anyone who can wear Tory Burch flats because they have literally destroyed my feet, but I know many people who love them.

1 Like

I really want to try Rothy’s but they are so $$$.
I love Toms but I am a pretty lazy dresser so ballet flats are a rare occurrence. I live in clogs, sketchers and big boots.

2 Likes

I’m not positive about growing with age, but I can tell you with certainty that I went from an 8m to an 8 1/2w after having a kid. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

My favorite ballet flats are by J. Crew.

2 Likes

My personal favorite would be Havaianas espadrilles, they are like flip-flops turned into flats and they are so comfortable. Their flip-flops are also the most comfortable in my opinion.

1 Like

I splurged on Rothy’s and IMO they are not worth it. They have no support. I even bought some half-insoles to give me more support, but they messed with the fit of the shoe and made them slip off my heels. I still wear them (wearing them now actually, haha), but I try not to wear them two days in a row because my feet will swell. I need really supportive shoes, apparently. :sob: They are really cute though. I just got the pointed toe black flats.

2 Likes

I know this is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a pair of flats, but the best and most comfortable flats I ever owned and loved were from Chanel.
I wore the heck out of them, but they just look so good with pretty much any outfit - jeans, dresses, etc.
You can wear them at the office or at a party.
And they are just so comfortable and classy.

4 Likes

GORGEOUS! I’m obsessed with the first pair with the beige and black. I had a pair of coach flats years ago, that fit really well.

It’s good to hear that these were so comfortable. I’m sometimes hesitant to make an investment even if I know it’ll become a staple. But I probably just need to get over that ha :grin:

2 Likes

Those are so pretty!!

You all inspired me to dress up again so I spent a dumb amount of $$ on Rothys. i have to say they are well made and comfortable. I didn’t see the response above that said they weren’t supportive. oops!

4 Likes

I love Rothys but Tieks are amazing as well

1 Like

Hey if they work for you, support-wise, then great! I’m jealous! I think it’s cool that they are made from recycled materials and are machine washable. I have washed mine once (let them hang dry), and have had no problems.

I have short, wide feet, so ballet flats have always been weird for me … and as I get older, I really need more supportive shoes. Wahhhh! :older_woman:

2 Likes

I love the look of Rothy’s too but have had trouble with fit. I found a few dupes on Amazon. They look great with the knit but don’t have any support either. My friend puts supports in the Amazon ones and thinks they’re great.

I do love tieks and all birds wool flats. After a while my big toe definitely pokes out a bit. :frowning:

Oh, and I recently found fuschia flats. They are super comfy and super cute. Fuchsia Shoes | Women’s Luxury Flats for Every Style – Fuchsia Inc.

Can’t wait to get more suggestions from this thread. Thanks!

2 Likes

A grrrreeeeaaattttt dupe are from old navy. I love them more than my Rothys, so much so that I purchased a few different pairs. No blisters and are so comfy.
https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=673845052&vid=1&tid=onpl000000&kwid=1&ap=7&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_8OPBhDtARIsAKQu0gYa1FxWMQKmXOjy-n0orPx6jYClfgW9kvRbuFJ8hz37xuAa20tWtqwaAne2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#pdp-page-content

2 Likes

I have both Tieks and Rothy’s and love them both… my Tieks a little bit more. I am trying another brand Lissom which has arch support. I’ll keep you guys posted they just shipped and should be here in a couple days!!! I’m excited to try these they are suppose to be Uber comfy as well!

4 Likes

@Alyssa Thanks for the suggestions!!

@AnaBanana Those Old Navy flats are super cute! I’m worried they’ll be a little too narrow for me, but those leopard ones are calling my name. :heart_eyes:

@jordana Oooooh I am excited to hear about the Lissoms! I’m going to look into them!

1 Like