Poll: How excited are you that the forum is back?

How excited are you that the forum is back?
  • :smiley:
  • :star_struck:
  • :heart_eyes:
  • :exploding_head:
  • :partying_face:

0 voters

1 Like

I’m glad y’all have the same platform as FFF! Makes things super easy for those of us over there too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

that’s awesome news!!! yayay!! Excited you are here @comedytragedy :partying_face:

1 Like

Very Excited to have the forum back! Thanks for responding MSA!!

3 Likes

Any chances that they’ll bring back the app? Pretty please. Crossing my fingers :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

I’m not aware of any current plans to bring back the app, but I can certainly raise the suggestion with our tech team!

2 Likes

I am excited, but not overly because the old forum disappeared so quickly without any explanation. I had a lot of great things on the forum at the time, was super disappointing to not be able too retrieve them. I am unsure as to whether I will be active or not.

1 Like

Hey @tycnan77

Thanks for joining the forum- welcome! And thanks for voicing and sharing your feedback and concerns. We’ve made sure to have a detailed terms and conditions that all forum users have to follow, and there are also a lot more moderators who are standing by to chat, participate, and step in if necessary. The goal is to prevent anything from going to far, and we are always here to listen. If you have any extra feedback or concerns you’d like to share, myself, @Lindsey-MSA , and @April-MSA are here from MSA to do everything we can to make this a happy place for everyone.

2 Likes

Ooer v exciting! Is there going to be a forum digest email? I know I’ll forget to come here otherwise!!

Yay! Welcome @anDreama, I’m so glad you’re here!

You should get forum emails by default with updates on what’s happening. FYI If you’d like to adjust the frequency of the emails, you can click your profile pic in the top right corner, select “preferences,” and then “emails” in the selection bar at the right. The screen looks like this:

1 Like

I’m with you on this. I think that the problem in the past was the MSA wasn’t able to figure out how to monetize the forum as it was. For that reason, they didn’t put the effort into monitoring it. I was there when the situation happened. Every so often someone “new” would join the forum(looks to be the recycled hateful people who had been kicked off before for making trouble). On that day this “new” person was trying to start problems which normally wasn’t a big issue and was normally handled well by the group. The person made a racist comment about a smaller Asian community. This went over most of our heads but as it was there was one member from that community who took offense. Others jumped in to help and when the smoke cleared they had band one of the community members who did nothing but try to help the situation. After this, it was given as an excuse to cancel the community. This new setup has more structure and a clearer goal from MSA so it’s likely to be more cared for. It is clearly different and I also miss the old forum. I wish the swap site would be worked on to get new blood in it. I loved it in the day.

3 Likes

Thanks for your comment @morecatfood, and welcome to the new forum. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the original forum as well as some general site feedback. I was a lurker in the first forum, and in launching this one it was a goal of mine to set up a platform where the community could connect while also feeling safe. We’ve done our best to launch this new forum with the moderation support necessary to make sure everyone feels welcome. I’m glad you’re here! If I can ever help with anything, whether it’s moderation, tech support, or meal kit recommendations, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m only an @ away. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@morecatfood to echo @Lindsey-MSA - we’re very happy you’re here! Thanks for sharing some clarity- I was active on the old forum, but my memory is foggy of the very end. We want to make this the best experience possible for everyone, and we do want the community to continue to grow as well.

2 Likes

I am very excited! I was pretty active in the past and hope to become more active and meet new people moving forward!

1 Like

So excited to find this forum!! I stumbled upon it while searching through MSA!! I have been coming here for a long long time and I have had several subscriptions through the site! Love it!!

3 Likes