Saturday Streams

What have you been streaming this week? Any songs you’ve got on repeat? TV shows you’ve been binging? Movies worth a screen?

Let’s talk about it!

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17

“Songs you’ve had on repeat.” I’ve had a pandora station made up of mostly the sound tracks from the Twilight movies playing all week because the station was started from Flightless Bird, American Mouth. That song individually I think about a lot but can’t stream TOO much otherwise it’ll make me cry. It’s ~our~ song for my boyfriend and I, and he left on Monday to go back to his air force base. So it is me, Goose, whatever subscription boxes come my way, my lush bath bombs, and my love songs because I miss my best friend.

And honestly, I’m kind of resentful that FBAM is our song just because I would have preferred for it to not be a song from a book and movie series I was crazy about as a teenager (it seems a little cliche), but when he came home after being away for the first time I had a different playlist going and that was the one that was playing when he walked through the door and I got my hug. Now we have a thing where if we’re going to be saying goodbye (not like, for the grocery store, but y’all get what I mean) we slow dance to it before he leaves.

(I chose the twirling gif because the breaking dawn twilight gifs were just Bella and Edward making out but C and have not twirled, we’re actually pretty terrible at slow dancing. It’s a hug shuffle).

3 Likes

@Lindsey-MSA I’m so glad you asked!! :hearts: I’ve been wanting to share how hype I am about some of my favorite shows/series coming back next week, and I was curious if anyone watched these as well:

Netflix: Season 2 of Cheer (literally gives me goosebumps when I watch the preview)
HBO: Euphoria &Righteous Gemstones (they film in Charleston, and I’m in an episode this season eek!:scream:)

I got hooked on Emily In Paris (Netflix) though I didn’t think I would be into it at all. Was also happy/sad when Pen15 came out (Hulu) a few weeks ago. I think the writing is so great, but I’m sad it was their final season.

@April-MSA I have not seen ANY of these, and I’m so glad you shared them because I’ve been searching for some new shows! After Succession ended a few weeks ago, it’s been like…

giphy

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I’ve been wanting to see Succession!!!

Oh I just thought of another one I got SUPER into that’s coming back at the end of the month: Billions (Showtime) remind me of my days in tech :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I have seen Tick…Tick…Boom on netflix probably more times than is healthy in the month since it came out!
It was a favorite musical of mine in middle school and high school, but i had never gotten to see a production. I’m really glad the movie did it justice! Also Andrew Garfield is pretty.

2 Likes

Ok, so I know it’s not the weekend yet, but I had to share that I’ve been watching the second season of Cheer on Netflix since its release on Wednesday.

I truly cannot get over how talented these individuals are. The series makes me so emotional, learning about each person’s life experiences.

Has anyone else watched either season yet?

Oh I’m glad you restarted this topic!

I just found a great show that’s not new it aired 2006-2012 (but it doesn’t feel outdated). It’s also free to watch on Amazon prime!

What show?

EUREKA!

It’s so smart, funny and the main actor is eye candy!

Synopsis:

A U.S. Marshall becomes the sheriff of a remote cozy little Northwestern town of Eureka where the best minds in the US have secretly been tucked away to build futuristic inventions for the government which often go disastrously wrong.

IMDB link to clips and reviews

1 Like

I finally watched the last season of Brooklyn 99 and I feel sad it’s over. I’ll be streaming playoff football all weekend, but may do some b99 binging tonight.

2 Likes

@Kate.Kemp ok this gentleman looks very handsome so I may have to watch just for shallow purposes :laughing:

@Jessica-MSA Everyone tells me how great Brooklyn 99 is, I need to go watch it, I don’t know what’s holding me back. I loved Andy Samberg when he was on SNL.

Oh! @Kate.Kemp and all fellow X-File/spooky fans, new series on Netflix that is VERY well done: Archive 81

1 Like

I have been listening to Survivin’ by Bastille.
I have been watching And Just Like That…, All Creatures Great and Small, Emily in Paris and lots of Spider-man movies with Tobey Mcguire and Andrew Garfield.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of this show but sounds very interesting, thank you for recommendation, I will check it out, I haven’t been into any new shows recently so I’ve been looking for something that might grab my interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my most beloved songs of all time is Good Grief :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

@Juliya I just stumbled onto it and it’s great. The first episode is movie length (like 90mins) but it’s so well done!

The other show I’d recommend looking into is “Forever.” It’s another older (but not old) show that I stumbled onto and it’s quite literally become my favorite TV show.

Forever:

Synopsis:
A 200-year-old man works in the New York City Morgue trying to find a key to unlock the curse of his immortality.

IMDB clips & reviews

@April-MSA if you thought the other guy was cute, this one is to die for! He even has a lovely Welsh accent! LOL

2 Likes

Ooh. I just watched the trailer for Forever, and it looks like something I could get excited about! I’ve never heard of it.

1 Like

It’s so, so good! My degree is in TV. So I’ve watched A LOT. But FOREVER is by far the best show I’ve seen. Unfortunately it didn’t get picked up for a second season so there are only 22 episodes. But each one is fabulous!

1 Like

Forever looks fun! I just downloaded the CW app, and I’m putting it on now.

When it comes to music, my tastes are pretty niche. I’m very into downtempo and chillwave. Currently in a (years long) mood where I can’t get enough synth. In case anyone else digs that retro futuristic sound, my obsession of the moment is The Midnight.

200w

1 Like

I just started Yellowjackets this weekend, has anyone been watching? I’ve been bingeing comedies since Succession ended and this is the first drama I’ve watched since then-it’s so good!

1 Like

I just saw a post about Yellowjackets, it’s gotten really great reviews. Any sort of Lord of The Flies concept (though I’m sure there’s a lot more nuanced in the series) has always intrigued me.

Hence why that movie The Beach still haunts me 20 years later :ghost:

1 Like