Most nights I am what you would call a maximalist, rather than a minimalist, when it comes to my skincare routine. Some nights I slap on a sheet mask and climb into bed, others I do a few steps, but mostly I am doing a 7-11 step routine. I thought it would be fun to share what I was using tonight, and I’ll chime back with different routines as my mood strikes. I’d also love to know everyone else’s routine if y’all are comfortable sharing
1: I cleansed with a micellar water since I didn’t have anything on my face, but most nights I do double cleanse. Tonight I used the Odacite Blue Aura Cleansing Water
2: masking is one of my favorite skincare steps, so my Sunday might frequently includes at least one. I actually had a kind of stressful Sunday, so my rosacea was acting up. I reached for one of my all time favorite masks that is now officially empty- I’m going to have to repurchase this eventually because my skin loves the Eminence Calm Skin Arnica mask so much.
3. Idk why the tiny little bottles of bio effect EGF serum are so expensive, but I have them so I used them.
4. Youth to the people triple peptide + cactus oasis serum
5. Glow recipe avocado Retinol eye cream
6. Stratia liquid gold
7. Farmacy honey halo moisturizer (I love this stuff so I am stoked I’m getting a backup jar in my spring FFF box).
8. Belif lip sleeping mask
9. Herbivore blue tansy lapis facial oil.
And a few spritzes of the Sunday Riley pillow spray before I climb into bed!
And , that’s why your face won’t have wrinkly eyes like mine do when you are my age!!!
This is fun! I love peeping at other people’s routines. I’ll give you both my AM and PM:
- Benton Honest Cleansing Foam
- The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner
- Sunday Riley CEO
- Azelaic Acid
- Malin + Goetz Recovery Oil
- MISSHA Essence Sun SPF45
- Tarte Micellar Water (if needed for makeup removal)
- Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
- Azelaic Acid
- Malin + Goetz Recovery Oil
- Glow Watermelon Sleeping Mask
- Aquaphor under eyes (yes, I’m still doing this)
- Laneige Liip Sleeping Mask
In the evening I wash with CeraVe Renewing Salicylic Acid Cleanser and then slather my face with CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion and put Squalane and Marine Algae Eye Cream around my eyes and wait about an hour. Next, I apply my prescription skincare which has trentinoin, azelaic acid and niacinamide. I use Ilia Lip Wrap before I go to sleep. Pretty simple, but it seems to be keeping my acne under control. Bonus: it helps with wrinkles.
In the morning I wash with CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, apply a layer of Timeless 20% Vitamin C. I then use Biossance Squalane and Peptide Eye Gel.
If I am leaving the house, I use Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint and if I stay home I use CeraVe Ultra Light Moisturizing Lotion.
This routine was developed after I started using prescription acne medicine. It is gentle enough to keep my face from turning red but strong enough to keep it from peeling!
- Wash with Purlisse Brightening cleanser(after I work out I wash again and use Glow Recipe blueberry cleanser or Farmacy clean greens).
- Hyaluron essence, I switch up these and toners(repeat again after working out)
3.Seurm, finishing up VitaC12 dual drop and then starting later this week Glow Recipe Pineapple serum(after working out I switch to another Vit C serum or Sunday Riley)
- Glow Recipe Pink Juice moisturizer(after working out then I just add sunscreen)
5.Suncreen-Etta MD(almost gone)Ahhh no.
I love my skincare as you can tell.
- Cleanser varies, if I have makeup on I will using a cleansing balm first for a double cleanse
- Sunday Riley Pink Drink essence(I bought it full size without sampling it and adore it)
- Sunday Riley A+ retinol serum on face
- Dr. Zenovia serum on neck(I like to try all my sample sizes on my neck)
- Eye cream before serum actually. Using Sweet Chef Vit, C booster eye cream for a dupe Ole Henrikson banana( I don’t find it works nearly as well) I have found I cannot use retinol near my eyes.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream for face(rotates with other samples) still searching for something without retinol and not to heavy for my oily t-zone.
- Neck cream-Prai ageless throat and decolletage cream
- Lip mask, varies between many flavors of Laneige, Tatcha, Three ships buttercream, Patrick Ta and my new sample of Honey Jarret in lemon honey
- I use face masks 2-3 times a week. I just finished a full size Glow Recipe clay pore mask.I love my Dermalogica hydro masque exfolliant, Peter Thomas Roth pumpkin, Kate Somerville Exfolikate, and sheet masks. I can do those daily when it’s warmer outside. It’s so refreshing.
- My final step is a quality hand cream for overnight goodness.Currently No7 brand.
Thanks for reading. This was all made possible for my finding subscription boxes back in 2016.
@ebbgirls i love masks from Dermalogica, Peter Thomas Roth, and Glow Recipe too!
Skin was clean from bath earlier.
Slapped on four different pimple patches while skin was dry and made sure to leave them for a while so they were good and adhered
Then my YTTP oasis serum, Huxley Secrets of the Saraha sleeping mask (from my Bomibox- review coming soon!), and then my herbivore lapis facial oil. My lip sleeping mask is from belif
My skincare routine is my zen time, but especially nighttime:
- Double cleanse with Huangjisoo Pore Perfect Cleansing Oil and Missha Time Revolution Artemisia Pack Foam Cleanser
- CosRx Pure Fit Cica Toner
- sheet mask
- Missha Time Revolution Artemisia Essence
- Missha Time Revolution Artemisia Ampoule
- Missha Time Revolution Artemisia Calming Moisture Cream
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
- either the innisfree Brightening & Pore-caring Sleeping Mask or Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
Then once a week I use The Ordinary’s AHA/BHA Exfoliating Peeling Solution instead of the a sheet mask
I’m a big fan of The Ordinary’s AHA/BHA Exfoliating Peeling Solution, too. Every time I go to buy it, I’m blown away by the price.
Me too! I recommend their products to everyone, the prices are great.
Tonight was a sleepy routine.
- farmacy sweet apple clean cleansing balm
- YTTP superfood cleanser
- Stratia liquid gold
- Tatcha indigo soothing night treatment
I love this routine! Simple yet effective. I used to think more was better…but boy was I wrong. I know this might sound terrible to say…but I just read recently that some dermatologists think “skincare” is a scam! This perspective really opened my eyes as to what a person actually needs to have good skin…
@Snow that is so funny you say that! My sister is an MD, and whenever I would try to talk about skincare with her she would always brush me off because “Retinol is the only scientifically-proven skincare ingredient” (or something to that effect). And hey, I’m not going to argue science with a scientist, so I’ll just keep doing my little sheet masks and being happy over here. She’s had a change of heart and I’ve shared some of my abundant stash, and now she does a sheet mask/eye mask on an almost daily basis and loves her skincare self care routine.
I think, for me at least, my longer skincare routine is because I am trying to make it a self care routine too. It’s fun to share this with my sister now (she’ll send me snaps of her proudly masking), especially since I tried to tell it was awesome for years.
Wow, Jessica…I need a sister like that…MD! And believe me…I love the self-care aspect of a long routine, too. My skincare stash was like most people’s here; lots of it! But then I started doing high potency glycolic peels and I have never seen my skin look so bad. Painful cystic acne all over, chemical burns, zits all over. I kept telling myself, “It’s just stress!,” but then I started keeping a log and the flare ups would come always a few days after a peel. Finally, I just had enough. I stick to vitamin C in the morning, and my tretinoin at night. As another dermatologist stated, tretinoin treated skin IS exfoliated skin, so best not to add anymore exfoliation. While I kind of miss the whole 10 step routine, it’s kind of refreshing to just stick to the basics. Definitely don’t want to knock others’ routine, I just found the more I did, the more awful my skin looked. Thanks for responding, Jessica!
I agree. I miss the relaxation and routine of my old skincare multi-product plan but my skin is actually behaving better under the “less is more” philosophy.
Goose would like to let you know my evening 𝙎𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 routine tonight was the following:
Biossance squalane + marine algae eye cream
Krave Beauty great barrier relief serum
Stratia liquid gold
Tatcha indigo overnight repair treatment
And a notpot CBD melatonin gummy for good measure.
And what does Goose use to keeps his locks so beautiful?