Sheet Mask Sunday

I can count on one hand the times I’ve worn a sheet mask and thought to myself “wow, I look good right now.” I usually look more like Michaels Myers than Miranda Kerr, but that’s never stopped me from enjoying them. I do really like the masks from Sweet Chef. I don’t remember how I first tried them, but I know they were featured in Ipsy Glam Bag Plus at one point. I’m wearing the Beet + Vitamin A Fresh Pressed Sheet Mask, and I love how one cheek has an actual beet and a heart while the other cheek says “Beet of my heart.” These are fun, and even if I don’t look like a super model I still feel inspired to grab a selfie to share with friends when I’m doing one of these masks. I find the mask itself to be hydrating while giving my skin a boost of antioxidants, and one mask is $3.50 at Target (I like to stock up when they have sales or offer deals where you get a bonus Target gift card with minimum beauty spend). How do you feel about sheet masks? I’d love to see your sheet mask selfies, but even if you don’t feel comfortable sharing a photo all are welcome here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was juuuust thinking about how I could do with stocking up on sheet masks. This one is really fun! Am I the only person who thinks the beet and writing kinda look like face tats? Hahaha I love it.

3 Likes

I’m not much for sheet masks but I love the wash/peel off ones. Maybe we can feature those on “Mask Monday” LOL

1 Like

@Jessica-MSA I think you actually look very cute! :star_struck: And I have always had a crush on Michael Myers (though I do not see the resemblance!)

I want to like masks because my skin is very “dehydrated” and this is going to sound a touch high-maintenance but I don’t like that masks are cold lol is there a way to heat them up? Or am I just ridiculous :joy:

2 Likes

I just started on prescription skincare. I won’t use a sheet mask or anything on my skin until my face stops melting off. :weary:

2 Likes

I hope your face is not nearly as uncomfortable as that photo makes it out to be :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

It is getting better each day.
The first few days were rough (not that rough) and it burned and peeled like crazy. Now I just have a few sensitive patches left. I guess it is the standard when starting higher doses of retinol. But I have been warned not to use SO many things.
I am kind of a skincare junkie (certain categories) but I need to go on hiatus!
Maybe we need a how to fight menopause skincare topic… if there are more people in my age range. Pre-menopause does havoc on your skin.
I miss my Sunday Riley oil. It was gentle…

2 Likes

I wish I had any menopause skincare advice to give you. I only just learned perimenopause was even a thing when some supplements promised to try to help me with those and I’m like…. When do I start going through that? I hope your Rx strength skincare journey goes well though! Sheet masks would seem like one of the easiest things to integrate back in because they’re hydrating and you take them off after a short while! I’m not a doctor though so don’t listen to me listen to your doctor

3 Likes

@angelatrupo have you tried “Knours - Skin Meditation Gel Cream?” I received it in my Ipsy plus bag (there are a few available on the swap site). It’s for menopausal/hormonal skin! I gave mine to my best friend, who is going through early menopause, and she swears by it.

“Your skin can be sensitive and temperamental during your period, pregnancy or menopause but don’t worry, this lightweight gel moisturizer provides soothing hydration to your skin when it is sensitive or is breaking out hormonal acne. Peppermint Essential oil works to cool and restore temperamental skin. That’s not all, quick absorption and non-greasy finish is perfect under makeup. Peppermint Essential Oil manages facial flushing and maintains skin’s best facial temperature. Natural Ceramide NP supports skin’s protective function by hydrating and nourishing skin.”

I hope that helps.

1 Like

@Kate.Kemp, thank you! I will definitely give that a try.
I love that they have products geared towards hormonal skin and that more people are talking about it in general.

2 Likes

It is not a Sunday, but I have sheet masks to review (and also I just like doing them) which means we also mask sheet mask on a Friday! This is the Muldream All In One mask and it’s dreamy.

4 Likes

I love the idea to make Sunday a mask night! Maybe if I set that day aside for them I will use my stash!
I will keep you posted if I stick to it! LOL

3 Likes

@Jessica-MSA is it weird that I look forward to Sheet Mask Sunday (to see everyone else having fun) but I myself am still reluctant (not for vanity purposes, but because of the cold) to participate?

Maybe I’ll do an acne mask instead and share that this evening :disguised_face:

1 Like

I have an idea. It’s a little bizarre but it could work. What if you layed on or sat on your sheet mask packet for awhile before applying? Your body heat would transfer well through the packaging. And if you sit on it long enough, you might bring it past room temperature to actually feel hot! Just a weird idea…

3 Likes

I dig this! :heart:

1 Like

Todays mask is the I Dew Care Unwind Soothing mugwort mask from their Let’s Get Sheetfaced set.

This was actually a few hours ago and then I fell asleep and took a delicious nap. So we may have a double sheet mask Sunday today.

3 Likes

It happened. A double sheet mask day. #noregrets

This mask is definitely a vibe though

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Definitely a vibe, but I’m into it!

goldmember-austin-power

2 Likes

This mask is beautiful!! I hope it gave beautiful results too! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes