Swap Regrets

Has anybody regretted swapping something that they now wish they didn’t or have tried to swap for it back? I don’t mean having a negative experience during a swap. For example, I wish I would have kept the Henri Bendel dop kit from a PopSugar box a million years ago.

2 Likes

Yep, I have, but mine was kinda minor and fairly easily rectified. I swapped away a backup Tula face cleanser - I had so many cleansers that I decided to let it go since I was still working on my initial Tula cleanser. Then I started trying all the other cleansers I had from sub boxes after my Tula ran out, and the vast majority of them were total fails for me. :woman_facepalming:t2: Turns out, the Tula cleanser is kinda an HG cleanser for me and I was totally kicking myself for having swapped away my backup. But then ultimately it made an appearance again in a FFF box so I chose that for my box, AND swapped for a backup. And they are staying put. :grin:

ETA: Oh wait, I forgot about one more. I swapped away the silicon straws from FFF, I’m not a big straw person, but ultimately I realized they would have been handy to have around. So I swapped for a set.

As a side note, I know the reverse to your inquiry applies - as in, you swap for something and then realize you don’t really need it, or it’s not quite what you expected, etc. and you put it back up for swap. I sometimes wonder how many times swap items take a trip around the US before they are finally “home” lol.

6 Likes

I have items that I swapped to get and regretted. Years ago one girl had a necklace that ended up being poorly hand made by her (I didn’t know that when I swapped). Another sent me a “new” FFF Pilates ball set that actually was very used and the DVD was scratched up.

The last swap I tried to do was right before covid. I spent like $20 to ship a $40 shampoo set and the person sent me lots of excuses but I never got the item. I was pretty burnt out on swaps by that point, so I’ve been selling my Margot Elena, Bombay and Cedar, and other stuff on Poshmark.

1 Like

I have only done one swap and it was a pillow from a FFF mystery box… I had gotten one and wanted another for my couch… A girl had it and we swapped… I sent her extra stuff because I was sure her shipping would be more then mine so the added item I sent her, turned out to be a favorite later on…

I sometimes wonder if swapping is worth it because of shipping cost. I guess so the item doesn’t go to waste it is, but I think it would be super fun to do a Mystery swap where you send a bunch of items that you don’t want in one big swap… It would be like Christmas! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think that did that. I joined the forum the day after the cutoff :joy:

Part of me regrets having swapped the Nima Oberoi dish from PSMH, but then again I really don’t have a use for it and it’s not totally my style, it just sticks in my head

And I swapped for a PMD back in the day before everyone had like 6 of them, and barely used it before they popped up everywhere so that was kinda a waste but hopefully whatever I sent for it went to good use

I did a ton of swapping on the FFF forum, but haven’t gotten back into it

1 Like

I TOTALLY wish I could have swapped for another Henri Bendel dopp kit! I thought I was good with the one I got from PSMH, but then when HB went under (thanks, Limited, for ruining that iconic brand), I wish I’d swapped for an extra. Also wish I had not swapped the HB umbrella! I figured I had enough umbrellas, but see previous!

There have been smaller things over the years, but your post really did remind me of the HB items we got. I REALLY miss PSMH. I got almost every box (including most of the collabs) from 2015 until they went under. It was the best box, IMHO.

2 Likes

Hey, @Mizzzlizzz - welcome to the forum. We’re happy to have you here :slight_smile:

I have no idea what this Dopp kit is about so I’m about to scour some old reviews to see what I missed out on!

3 Likes

I was on the forums of old as Schriftstellerin! I’m delighted we are back! Thanks for the kudos! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally forgot about the umbrella! I still have it but I did swap one away. I think I got it in a mystery box. I miss their mystery boxes… even tho they made me crazy too.

1 Like

I swapped away the white Adidas hoodie jacket from Avenue A. I swapped for my first 1951 purse which I so desperately wanted at the time. The purse color didn’t end up working for me and I swapped it away for something else. Now I have tons of the 1951s some of which I use and some that I really don’t. But I think I would still be rocking that hoodie or maybe not since the box was from 2016! I really do miss the Avenue A box though.

4 Likes

Wish they would come back with Avenue A also! I still wear most of everything I got from them!

2 Likes

I still carry that Stella McCartney bag to the gym. I LOVE it.

2 Likes

In one of my favorite swaps I traded a piece of jewelry from OuiPlease for a pair of Shell Top Adidas. I wore them all the way out.

2 Likes

I haven’t swapped in a really long time, I think since before Covid. I kind of got burned out on swapping and sub boxes in general. But I used to get caught up in the “feeding frenzy” of swapping for things that were popular or hard to get, and I’ve realized how few of those things I actually used! But I agree about the Tula cleanser, the white Adidas jacket (and missing the Avenue A sub!) and the Henri Bendel Dopp kit! I went hard for the 1951s, Les Nerides, and Halcyon Days, none of which I really ever wear. Oh well, it was fun anyway!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @paperflame123!
I still have a couple of 1951s and I don’t carry them but I still love them. :joy:

2 Likes

I regret “swapping” my Halcyon Days Antler Trellis Set of Appetizer Plates and shipping them directly to a different swapper because the other swapper discovered hers were damaged. We agreed that I’d request something at a later date, and she’d send whatever it was. That swapper refused to honor our deal. No good deed goes unpunished it seems.
And, no, I will not identify the POS swapper…that’s not what the forum is for.

I hear you! I’ve never worn any of my Les Nerides, but I do pull them out and admire them every now and again. I managed to get a 1951 Petrole, but only the large size. I have used it exactly once, and it was utterly gorgeous!

2 Likes

I’ve been burned as well. One swapper ghosted me until I posted negative feedback - then responded with some choice language. Another advertised a pretty bedraggled but expensive scarf as new - then took her sweet time shipping. Swapping is definitely trial and error, but there are some great swappers in the group.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @blackweezle0069!
I never got a Petrol 1951, but they did look gorgeous in the pictures!