To All The Boxes I’ve Loved Before…

What subscription boxes do you miss and wish were still around? Have you found a suitable replacement? Here are some of the boxes I dearly miss and that I have never been able to find a comparable replacement for (in no particular order):

Avenue A by Adidas
Popsugar
California Found (Earthbox didn’t quite do it for me, although the owner seems lovely)
Little Lace Box (before it got weird and crazy!)

3 Likes

I really miss Happy Rebel!! Popsugar as well but (all but the last) Happy Rebel was always amazing!

4 Likes

I definitely miss PSMH. I discovered it (I was a little late to discover sub boxes) shortly before they went out of business. I also miss the old Causebox - it has changed soooo much and IMHO not in a good way (does this one count? I know it is technically still around, but to my view, not the old version, RIP, lol).

4 Likes

Everyone loves (loved?) PopSugar. They weren’t even on my radar when I started with sub boxes, but my budget was also a lot smaller and I couldn’t have as many as I do now. What did you like about their box?

1 Like

I’m still mourning the loss of The Art of Organics/Clean Beauty Box. I love Beauty Heroes but AoO was my second favorite clean beauty box and I’d been a member for a long time. When the founder sent out the email she was closing down… ugh. It was a little heart break. Claire was an incredible founder. Her customer service was amazing. There are other boxes that are similar, but they just don’t hit the same note for me. Plus, I think after being a subscriber for so long and getting to know the company and Claire through email and social media, I felt kind of sad about her business closing for her, if that makes sense. Even if it was exactly what she wanted, there was just a sense of loss there.

4 Likes

For me, it’s the Popsugar special edition boxes. Those were always incredible. Loved the monthly boxes, too, but the special editions were such a treat. I also LOVED some of the early Robb Vices shipments. The Visionaire box is probably my favorite single subscription shipment of all time. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Oh and how could I forget about Julep??

They were my first subscription box! This whole addiction is their fault!

I loved the mix of makeup, skincare & polish, and that it was customizable!

8 Likes

For me, it was being a good mix of higher quality products. It was a nice treat yo’self kind of box (but yes, definitely more spendy than some other boxes).

2 Likes

I miss Luxor box and 5th Avenue style. I couldn’t actually afford to subscription to either boxes, but I loved being able to read Liz’s reviews as well as the reviews and comments of the people buying the boxes that were in the forum! I was able to review a few months of 5th Avenue style towards the end, but it wasn’t the same box that everyone fell in love with.

4 Likes

I agree about Causebox nka Alltrue. My annual subscription just ended and I’m fine with that.

5 Likes

Happy Rebel, yes! And then it was sold :pensive:

1 Like

Julep was one of my first subscription boxes also! I still use and love their gel eyeliners.

2 Likes

@laurenhardt, the PopSugar Must Have boxes were the perfect mix of lifestyle, fashion and beauty at an affordable price. I loved their monthly boxes (which I would score when MSA ran their Better Than Black Friday deals on annual subscriptions) as well as their pricier (but worth it) seasonal and limited edition boxes. It was like FabFitFun, Causebox and Curateur (Box of Style) had a better, cooler sister and it was PSMH.

4 Likes

I was a huge fan of the early-days Robb Vices box. We still use our Stelle pillar Bluetooth speaker, although the fancy tequila is long gone!

4 Likes

I swear by their gel eyeliner!! It’s the only one I’ll use. They have so many great colors and it really lasts!!

3 Likes

Totally agree, little lace box could have been an all time favorite, also loved California found. Pearlesque was another good one. There have been quite a few smaller lifestyle subs I loved too that are no longer around.

3 Likes

I was just thinking of boxes I miss last night, and the first one I thought of was PopSugar. I loved that box, both the monthly and the special edition boxes.

Does anyone remember Seasons Box? I think it ended in 2014. It was quarterly (well, each season as the name implies), and I always enjoyed it.

I also still miss the Knit Picks boxes. They were such a nice mix of yarn, pattern, and tools. I still use the crochet hooks and knitting needles I got from those boxes, and they’ve held beautifully!

3 Likes

Ugh, Avenue A (Adidas) was the best box.
PopSugar and all its editions.
The old Box of Style.
Oui Please- I swapped for so many amazing items but never actually purchased it.

3 Likes

@hollsbublin Oh, Oui Please! I did the same thing, never subscribed but swapped for specific items. I miss that box, too!

2 Likes

So wait… did Oui Please finally go under? I knew they became and were a hot mess for quite a while and were likely headed that way, but that has actually happened?

2 Likes