What candle do you currently have lit?

There seem to be quite a few fans of candles here on the forum, so I thought this would be a fun thread :slight_smile:
Candles were one of the center points of all the gifts given to me this Christmas, and I am so stoked. From that hoard I’m currently burning my Otherland Forest Veil candle (scent notes of chalet cedar, antique sandalwood, and emerald vetiver). I love woodsy candles so these scent notes are right on point, but I do wish the throw on this one was stronger (the throw on my Otherland Fallen Fir candle is far superior to this one, so far at least).

3 Likes

My current candle obsession is Skandinavisk. I seriously can not get enough. Their scents are Scandinavian-inspired, the packaging is minimalist chic, and the scents are fab. 10/10 would recommend.

1 Like

I have my old standby on the wax warmer. A great swap site find.

2 Likes

Currently, I am burning the Hudson scent from Ash & Fir, a company I was introduced to by Bespoke Post. The candles are special to me, as I live in the Hudson Valley, and they are named after local towns. When I bought the Wick box last year, they inadvertently sent me two of one town, and left out a town completely. I contacted the company, who immediately sent out a replacement box with 4 new candles (their CS is unparalleled!).

3 Likes

Gorgeous candle!

2 Likes

Not a candle at the moment but i’m getting into wax melts. Pictured is a warmer i got from a fab fit fun sale. I like how subtle the scents are.

3 Likes

Nest Mint & Eucalyptus, highly recommend!

2 Likes

@Kristin i had that one and really enjoyed it! Eucalyptus mint is one of my favorite scent combos

1 Like

Hello, fellow candle lover over here! I received the Sephora candle sampler for Christmas and so I’m going to work through trying these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Best part is there is a voucher I can redeem for a full size of the one I like the most!

2 Likes

What a nice idea! I love that you get to try them out and then redeem the coupon for a full-sized version of your favorite one. What do you think of that Voluspa scent? I’m a fan of Voluspa, but I haven’t tried that one yet. :candle:

@Lindsey-MSA I like voluspa candles too. I’ve actually purchased this scent prior and really like it. It’s got a nice, fresh and clean scent to it. I also gifted it to a friend this year who was new to the scent and she was thrilled with it.

I love that set @jnd6 !!! I actually had two- one I bought myself + the one to review for MSA. I redeemed my voucher for the Replica candle & the Otherland Candle. I hope Sephora makes more!

@Lindsey-MSA I love voluspa candles, and if you enjoy lavender scents this one is really nice. And at $30 for the huge jar it’s pretty affordable compared to others

3 Likes

@Jessica-MSA thats awesome! I haven’t decided which one I will redeem for yet, but I’ll keep you all posted. :grin:

1 Like

Oh, that candle sampler was the best! Mine are all gone. :frowning_face: I redeemed my voucher for the full sized Replica candle, which I’ve been saving. No idea what for, lol, but for what it retails for, I feel like I need to light it at a time other than when I’d light one of my BBW candles. :rofl: The one that surprised me was the Nest candle - I’m not a huge grapefruit fan, so I didn’t think I’d enjoy it that much, but I really did and and holy cr*p the throw that tiny votive put out, very impressive!

2 Likes

Excellent! I’ll check it out. :slight_smile: Yes, I have to be honest that part of the reason I love Voluspa is the price point. I think the quality is on par with candles that retail for significantly more.

Nest have a great throw!

I have been wanting to try Nest. I typically like fresh or woody scents.
What is everyone’s favorite scent? I see some votes for eucalyptis mint but I hate fake peppermint scent. Is it more like herbal mint?

@angelatrupo I currently have a 3 wick birchwood pine from Nest and it is absolute heaven in my apartment. I also love their grapefruit candle.

2 Likes

I’m similar to you - I prefer clean or musky scents. Anything floral or food is not for me. I do LOVE eucalyptus mint candles… soooo relaxing/soothing. Definitely not fake peppermint. Or peppermint at all really. I believe the mint is typically spearmint (although maybe I’m thinking of candles I’ve gotten that were specifically eucalyptus and spearmint). Oh, and to clarify, I’m speaking generally, not specifically about Nest candles, which may be what you were actually asking about, in which case never mind… (and if you are old like me, read those last two words as Emily Litella/Gilda Radner).

2 Likes

I’m with you, @tinacara

I’m a wax melt gal. I fear candles because I have 2 cats who routinely climb on things and knock stuff over.

Wax melts are a great compromise! We still get the beautiful scent without flames. I will admit to buying a candle with a scent I love and scooping the wax into my warmer, a little bit at a time!

2 Likes