What candle do you currently have lit?

@Kate.Kemp You can make the candle thing much easier on yourself with one of these candle warmers: https://www.amazon.com/Hosley-Electric-Candle-Diameter-Aromatherapy/dp/B01DCNCDWO/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B01DCNCDWO&psc=1 (this is just an example… there are many different ones out there… I actually got a candle warmer through the swap site). No need to scoop candle wax out of a candle!

It’s basically lighting/burning a candle without actually lighting it.

1 Like

@Sherri when you use that candle warmer does it mess with the wicks? Like could I choose to use the candle warmers on some days and burn it the traditional way on others?

@Jessica-MSA - I think it depends on the candle and how long you leave it on the warmer. If it the candle wax fully melts, depending on the wick, yeah, the wick could tip over. But there’s probably a way to right the wick before the wax hardens again.

1 Like

I’ve had one but I have a collection of really stylish warmers from Scentsy.

1 Like

I just lit “This is Christmas” from Goose Creek. This is the first candle that I have tried from this brand and it is strong!

2 Likes

Moroccan Amber is my favorite from Nest. Great woody scent.

3 Likes

I had Mala the Brand “milk and sugar” burning earlier and it’s so freaking yummy. I blew it out but I’m still thinking about it

2 Likes

Sicilian Tangerine is my all time favorite Nest scent, I buy the hand soap too and I do not like orange scents.

2 Likes

MSA when we reply to a post it doesn’t link to that post can you fix?

Hi @Kristin !
I’m seeing that you’re replying to @angelatrupo (right above your comment there’s an arrow and her profile picture indicating the same) but it doesn’t specifically designate which comment by Angela you’re replying to. Is that what you’re referring to?

@jessica-msa it would be nice for my post to be directly below the post I’m responding to, just like the comment section on the main site. Until your comment I never even noticed that right hand arrow.

Hi @Kristin!

When you reply to someone’s post in a thread, your comment is posted in two places, directly under the post you replied to as well as at the bottom of the thread. This allows people reading the forum to view posts chronologically or to expand an existing comment and read the replies in line below.

When a comment is a reply, you’ll see a link to the comment being replied to with the person’s username in the top right corner. If there are replies to a post, you will see “# Replies” in the bottom left corner. Both of these when clicked will expand to show the post being replied to and the comments sent in reply, respectively. Here’s a screenshot to illustrate this:

The thinking here is that this layout allows people to view all replies to a single comment (like in the comments section of MSA) while also letting users scroll through to view things as they were posted in real time.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to reach out! The quickest way to get my attention is to use @Lindsey-MSA in your post. You’re also welcome to send me a PM anytime.

1 Like

I feel like this would be ideal for my sinus issues :nerd_face:

@Kate.Kemp - I would have never thought to do that (scooping out of other candles). I should do this with leftover wax in my burned out candles! I’m thinking to myself…duh! haha

3 Likes

Hey @Lindsey-MSA - I wanted to chime in about the reply feature (of course, first I had to find the thread it was in since I didn’t remember… and of course it was in one about candles :woman_shrugging:t2: lmao). Now, full disclosure that this could totally be a user error issue, but I’m finding that when I reply to particular comments, they don’t show up as a reply like you showed in your screen shot (with the arrow and the profile pic/user name at the upper right). I thought maybe I messed up before, so today when I replied to a comment from @Jessica-MSA, I was very careful to be sure to reply specifically to her comment. But this is what I see:

So… I see no evidence that I replied specifically to Jessica. I had clicked on the “Reply” link just below her comment on the screen shot you see. Help?!?

Hi @Sherri! You’re absolutely correct, and thanks for raising this.

So the exception to the above (where you’ll see the little reply icon in the top corner) is when you respond to a post at the bottom of the thread. Since your comment automatically sits directly below the comment you replied to, it doesn’t show the icon by default.

But I actually agree with you that it makes sense that it should be there. I just dove into the admin settings and made some tweaks. You should now see the little reply icon when you reply to a comment-- even if that comment is right above.

However, I did not enable the carrot menu at the bottom left of a post when there is only one reply that sits directly below. I don’t think that’s necessary, and it makes the threads feel a little cluttered to me.

I hope that helps!! Thanks again for raising it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had Otherland Dappled Woods going all afternoon and I’m a happy camper

2 Likes

I’ve been burning the Woolzies “Home” (vanilla + clove) candle I got in the Winter Earthlove box. I like the smell, although I was hoping for the “Cabin” scent (patchouli + sandlewood). My biggest gripe is it is tunneling BADLY. I have never had a candle tunnel like this before. I’ve burned it twice now, letting it burn for a few hours each time, so it shouldn’t be doing it this drastically. I’m wondering if it’s a problem with the unbleached cotton wick that they were bragging about. :grimacing:

1 Like

Hey Amy!
Tunneling is the worst, but that smell sounds fab. Have you tried wrapping the candle in aluminum foil when burning it? That usually insulates the vessel enough that it can level out the wax (you usually need to burn it for an hour or two if the tunnel is bad).

2 Likes

I have read about that tip! Thanks! I will definitely try it next time. It is a nice candle; luckily it’s not very heavy on the clove (I was worried!).

1 Like