What's the best skincare product you've discovered thanks to a subscription? 🧴

Reading everyone’s evening skincare routine has gotten me thinking: as a group, we must have collectively sampled hundreds if not thousands of skincare products. That’s kinda crazy, right?

tumblr_n0fqzy7irp1qj4315o1_500

As a subscription-obsessed group, we know our high-end skincare products, cutting-edge beauty tools and tech, and different products and brands. So, I’m eager to know:

What works?

What are the best skincare products you’ve ever discovered thanks to subscriptions? Which items do you happily restock at full price? How do they address your specific skincare concerns? Why do you love them?

Let’s share our holy grail skincare products below!

Reply to this thread with your submission for a chance to be featured in a future post on MSA. If you see a reply you like, make sure to vote for it with a :heart_decoration:!

1 Like

Here is my list of discoveries.

1. Glow Recipe Pink Juice watermelon moisturizer( not too oily, just right)
  2. Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum(fine lines have disappeared on forehead, very gentle)
  3. Ole Henriksen Banana eye cream(makes my under eyes brighter and is gentle)
    4.Kopari lip glossy(I love lip oils and the scents are heavenly when they have limited edition)
  4. Laneige lip masks in every scent invented!( my first lip mask and I am a believer)
  5. Dermalogica hydro masque dexfoliant( saw a brightening effect on first use)
  6. Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin enzyme mask(love the natural pumpkin scent and is gentle to use)
  7. Kate Somerville Exfolikate(love the cinnamon scent and the quickness of this mask)
  8. It’s a 10 hair products(spray serum helped tame frizz)
  9. Briogeo shampoo and conditioner in the banana(helps with my dry hair)
    11.Biolage Color Last shampoo and conditioner(helps my color from fading)
    12.Beauty Protector shampoo and conditioner from Birchbox(love the smell and will be sad not to be able to purchase anymore)
    I am sure I have more but these are the ones that are in use now.
    Oops. It says skincare and I went into hair. I could delete it but will leave it for now.
2 Likes

It’s a tie between Exfolikate scrub and Dermalect serum. They both gave me visable improvement in my skin.

1 Like

I agree about the Laniege lip mask.
Tula facewash, Sol de Janiero bodywash, Volim Love Scrub and Peach + Lily serum are some of the ones I have loved most. I am sure there are more and other lists will spark my memory.

Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion! I forget where I first found it, I wanna say FabFitFun but I’m not sure, it has been a staple for my mom and I for years!

I have some if you need one! Lol

Laneige water sleeping mask (Target, June 2016)! I used to swap for the samples of it, and then finally caved and started buying the regular size. FYI get it from Sephora because I found the ones from Amazon smelled very different. There was a makeup remover balm that I loved, and the pink makeup eraser is something I still use (and definitely need a new one).

1 Like

I love both the First Aid and Sunday Riley skincare products both discovered via sub boxes and now I cannot live without!

I’m a huge fan of the Laneage Water Sleeping Mask. The product itself is great, but I also love the way it smells. So fresh and clean!

1 Like

Sunday Riley CEO is something I discovered in a subscription (I can’t remember which one…), and it’s now a part of my everyday routine. Love that stuff.

I love Sunday Riley

1 Like

I also loved the Lancer cream that was included in the Popsugar Neiman Marcus box one year, but it was way too pricey for me to repurchase on my own dime. Just looked it up, it was $125. Dangggg.

1 Like

Iope Derma Repair Cica Cream. Whenever I have something going on (over-exfoliation, retinol too strong, general dryness/flakiness) it fixes it basically overnight.

Sunday Riley A+. I prefer this over prescription tret. It just works so well.

Many of my favorite brands now, I once discovered in a subscription box!

1. Sunday Riley Saturn Sulfur Mask
  2. Love Kinship Lip Melt (which is now one of my absolute favorite brands)
  3. Kate Somerville EradiKate
  4. Clear Start Foaming Face Wash
  5. Bliss Incredi-Peel
  6. Everyday Humans Pha Cleansing Oil (Brand New)
  7. Byoma
Summary

Byoma is a brand new brand that just recently released. The product packaging is adorable and the products are gentle, effective, and clean

Here are some of the products I have discovered!!

Dr Brandt needles no more wrinkle smoothing cream
Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion and AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
Exfolikate
HydroPeptide Collagel+ Eye Masks
Grown Alchemist Body Cream