Winter 🥶 Skin Life

Okay friends… every year it gets a little worse. My face is feeling the impact of winter. Tell me your go-to moisturizers, healers, and winning combos to remedy these dry lips and thirsty skin. :sweat_drops:

6 Likes

To be honest, the best (and cheapest) solution I found was to slather my face with CeraVe Moisturizing lotion and the less cheap Biossance lip balm.

2 Likes

@hollsbublin
I’m obsessed with lotions and lip balms.
One of my favorite hand lotion brands is Ahava. They also make facial moisturizers but I haven’t tried those yet. (They’re both available on the swap site.)

The Ahava hand lotion is very moisturizing, non-greasy, fast absorbing and has a nice, thick consistency. All the scents are lovely, as well. It’s so good that I’ve bought from Ahava’s website. Sign up for their emails; they have sales often.

As for lip balms, I love Sol De Janeiro’s “Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter” because it’s very very smooth! It slides on and melts in. Feels amazing! It’s a bit pricey so my other (more reasonably priced) favorite is: Moroccan Magic - Peppermint Eucalyptus because it’s smooth with a nice tingle.
Hanalei Hawaiian Kukui Lip Balm in “Island Mint” is another balm I’d recommend. It has a mild tingling feeling that I love! A trio of Hanalei is on the swap site: HERE
FYI: The other flavors don’t tingle.

3 Likes

My skin is in general dry and of course it gets worse during the winter. I am currently using Laneige’s products which I find helpful with battling this crazy winter dryness:

1. Essential Power Skin Toner for Normal to Dry Skin
  2. Essential Balancing Emulsion for Normal to Dry Skin
    3.Water Bank Moisture Cream
  3. For the eyes I like It Cosmetics Confidence In An Eye Cream or Clinique Repairwear™ Anti-Gravity Eye Cream.
  4. For the lips I highly recommend Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. If you are consistent with using it which is applying every night, you’ll definitely see the difference.
6 Likes

Oh my gosh, @hollsbublin this is a great topic because my skin really acts a fool in the winter. My go to’s for my chronically dry yet breakout-prone skin:

Obagi Hydrate when I can afford to splurge:

Love this one for everyday use

and my favorite product to combat dryness, and give me skin a nice dewy moisturize look is this wonder product:

this feels so great on my skin and I have no clue ow it hasn’t made me ever break out, because an “oil” seems like it would. If you have sensitive skin that needs to be moisturized instantly this is the bomb . com

2 Likes

Ooo I love the eye cream recommendations. I didn’t even think of that. The Laneige lip mask is the end of my nightly lip routine. Thanks for the tips!

2 Likes

I just swapped for the Skin Dope!

1 Like

yassssss!! I’m telling you, game changer!

Sometimes I go real nerdy and will do a second facial massage in the evening (I do a lot of jaw clenching ) and I learned these lymphatic drainage techniques from this incredible practitioner in Cali. I’ll send the video if interested!

But you will love the skin dope because it makes your makeup look dewy and luminous :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’d love to check out that video!

3 Likes

@hollsbublin so tell me a bit more about your skin…. (I’m a medical esthetician & makeup artist)

What products are you currently using? What is your current skincare routine? What climate do you live in?
Anything other concerns besides dryness? Are you exfoliating?

I live in Colorado & it’s like desert mountains here… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ooh yes, I have a little tube of Ahava Mineral Hand Cream at work right now that I think I got from Ipsy. I love it! Leaves my hands super soft.

1 Like

Skin dope :joy: Love the name!

2 Likes

Funny thing about winter (and I live way up north), my hair is actually manageable, but my skin is definitely worse for the wear. I actually straightened my hair several days ago and it’s still straight. Had it been summer, I would have turned into a frizz ball. So, winter is: great hair, no bugs, but super cold. Summer: ick hair, lots of bugs, but oh the warmth! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

I have combo skin and am currently living in Seattle, WA. I have been trying a more intensive moisturizer for a few weeks now and am LOVING it: I am using Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum-in-Cream.

My hands tend to get super dry (I work in health care so I am washing and sanitizing a LOT). At work I have a Burts Bees Hand Cream. At home I am using Josie Maran’s Whipped Argan Oil Butter alternating with Toykomilk Light’s Awaken Within Hand Cream.

1 Like