Your favorite flat iron and/or curler?

I swear I used the search function before I posted this new one…

I’m in the market (ish) for a new flat iron. I’ve seen a few at Marshall’s and they’re all from brands we’ve come to love from sub boxes (eva nyc, foxybae, etc).

I’m just curious what your favorites are, and whether I should go for those that I’ve seen at Marshall’s (at a fraction of the MSRP).

I’m something of a contradiction when it comes to hair tools. I use a SuperSolana hair dryer that cost more than I care to admit, but I love the thing and it’s worked fabulously for years. I also use a Gem brand ceramic curling iron I bought from TJ Maxx for like twenty bucks, which I would also recommend. I’ve only had it for about a year, but it’s still as good as new. Will it hold up as long as my expensive dryer? Time will tell…

1 Like

My all time favorite is the 3-in-1 Kardashian Beauty styler. It is made by Chi but it is the best of having a straightener and a curling iron on hand at the same time.

1 Like

Ooo I’ve seen some GEM products at Marshall’s as well!

I’ve got some thiiiiick hair, would you recommend? I was reading reviews about eva nyc, about how the plate might not be as good for thicker hair?

Anyone have thoughts ahaha

1 Like

I have super-thick and wavy hair. Actually, my hairs themselves are very thin but I have a TON.
The only flat irons that have lasted and have done a good job on my hair the original style CHI and the Babyliss Nano Titanium. I used to give them lots of use - I had a stacked bob on and off for years.

1 Like

My hair is fine (though like @angelatrupo I have a lot of it), so can’t really speak to whether the GEM will be good for thick hair. It gets hot enough that I get a solid curl in a few seconds, but there’s no heat adjustment on my iron. I know my friend with SUPER thick hair swears by her Chi straightener.

Ah yes, my hair is also fine, but tons of it!! My hairdresser always says that I have a lot of hair, and once done, there’s a mountain of my hair under my chair, hahaha!!

1 Like

I have a GHD that I love, I have thick curly/wavy hair.

I love my Drybar “Brush Crush” heated straightening brush. They are 20% off right now, so not Marshall’s pricing but still a good deal at the moment. The mini is under $50.

I also have very thick hair…it drives me crazy!

1 Like

I have thick curly hair, so I don’t use any tools on it… I did try to flat iron my hair once but it looked like I had triangle head… because my hair looked like a pyramid!! It was a frizzy mess. I have wash and wear hair. :slight_smile: